Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

How I found TOO Many Customers! AND YOU CAN TOO (Step by Step)


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 3
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Actually, I might put letters on my back windshield for the SMS/Text Lead Gen strategy:

Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210


That way if I want to take if off, I can do so without ruining the paint.

Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #32  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.

Last edited by dpld; 01-16-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 3
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 3
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Easy work around... log into your current youtube account. Change the name in the settings to City Lawn Care/Service.

Put whatever you want in the about section.

To rename your youtube account, do this:

-> Log in
-> Click "My Channel" (top right drop down under your name)
-> Click "Channel Settings" (top left)
-> Click "Info and Settings"
-> Change your channel name

That's all there is to it. Don't worry about creating another youtube channel.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
EL Nino Patio EL Nino Patio is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
EL Nino Patio is on a distinguished road
Default

YouTube has got to be my FAVORITE way of advertising. I get a kick out of thinking up ideas, recording them and producing them. It's really not all that hard guys. If you have a Windows PC, you've likely already got Windows Movie Maker.

Here is one of my favorites. I post it to my website and Facebook page for my business and then share it on my personal Facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSPIH3ce28

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.

Last edited by dpld; 01-17-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,850
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
That is very creative and unique! How did you make that?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 3
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Cool video.

Let us know when your new site is finished. Would love to check it out. What company are you using for the design?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210

.
how do you set this up?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Next step.. Expanding help! Andrew's Landscaping Starting a lawn care business. 18 01-19-2012 03:52 PM
First step to legitimacy Hedgemaster General Talk 34 01-27-2011 03:11 AM
Getting Started, Next Step? MAllenT Starting a lawn care business. 7 06-19-2010 12:55 PM
Modular step installation Steve Tree Care, Irrigation, Landscaping, Hardscapes 3 03-10-2007 05:51 AM
Creating a 5 Step Steve Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 10 12-31-2004 09:30 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
French gardener owner's...
didgreen
Yesterday 09:10 AM
Today 02:25 AM
by didgreen
3 73
Thanks for all the posts
WheatGrass
Yesterday 06:38 AM
Today 01:29 AM
by WheatGrass
2 67
Landscapers from hell!!
Chilehead
01-29-2015 03:55 PM
Yesterday 11:21 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
3 101
hows it going.
uppercut
Yesterday 05:01 AM
Yesterday 11:16 PM
by uppercut
3 74
viking cyclon.
uppercut
01-29-2015 09:12 PM
Yesterday 11:11 PM
by uppercut
2 64
Just Quit?
ringahding1
Yesterday 06:23 AM
Yesterday 10:36 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
8 148
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 11:41 AM
Yesterday 10:26 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
15 826
adding something new...
veteranslawncaresystems
01-28-2015 12:13 AM
Yesterday 09:15 PM
by veteranslawncaresystems
6 190
Crunch time 2015!
Chilehead
01-29-2015 08:57 PM
Yesterday 07:51 PM
by Chilehead
2 73
Government contracts
avetslawncare
11-15-2014 08:50 AM
Yesterday 07:46 PM
by Chilehead
11 886
Lost my @#$ blower
stevef1201
01-11-2015 08:31 AM
Yesterday 04:47 PM
by Just for Cuts
3 470
whats this briggs?
uppercut
Yesterday 12:40 AM
Yesterday 02:49 PM
by Steve
1 53
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
Yesterday 02:36 PM
by Hard-Body lawn & garden
1,202 363,924
Lawn Mowing -...
ringahding1
Yesterday 07:05 AM
Yesterday 07:05 AM
by ringahding1
0 34
TaskEasy & Plowz & Mowz...
jrwalker333
01-25-2015 01:02 PM
01-29-2015 08:14 PM
by lxarth
8 271
Contact last years...
googus
01-28-2015 09:13 AM
01-29-2015 02:29 PM
by Steve
6 233
Looking for advice on...
berryjam
01-21-2015 07:37 PM
01-29-2015 02:21 PM
by Steve
15 490
New to the forum
LCRobert
01-26-2015 10:21 PM
01-29-2015 09:11 AM
by ringahding1
7 222
What happened to Better...
Steve
01-27-2014 04:07 PM
01-28-2015 12:26 PM
by Steve
21 3,208
Lawn care truck
Steve
10-10-2009 03:40 AM
01-28-2015 12:23 PM
by Steve
44 16,097
Bidding to get other work
Rodriguez11
07-21-2011 11:52 PM
01-28-2015 12:08 PM
by Steve
29 9,476
How many contracts...
5StarLawnscaping
01-12-2015 03:51 PM
01-28-2015 11:04 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
10 615
"Part Timers", "Low...
doug1980
06-10-2009 12:55 PM
01-27-2015 09:01 PM
by jrs.landscaping
43 10,377
Is anyone doing mosquito...
BWild
01-27-2015 12:30 PM
01-27-2015 07:24 PM
by avetslawncare
4 159
New to group
ron@alpine
01-27-2015 08:45 AM
01-27-2015 01:29 PM
by Steve
1 125
please Help with none...
Lawnboyman1170
01-09-2015 09:46 AM
01-27-2015 01:27 PM
by Steve
13 790
does this sound good or...
Bradcook21
01-22-2015 09:24 AM
01-27-2015 07:42 AM
by ringahding1
9 355
second year advise
cmdlawncare
01-23-2015 06:22 PM
01-27-2015 07:31 AM
by ringahding1
6 301
need advise
rawssrob
02-23-2010 02:45 PM
01-23-2015 06:40 PM
by cmdlawncare
7 2,639
New to forum
ROB N
01-23-2015 08:35 AM
01-23-2015 01:53 PM
by Steve
1 187
Extending the life of...
rmccutchan
01-17-2015 12:37 AM
01-23-2015 01:43 PM
by Steve
8 437
osceola lawn service
jasa@wildblue.net
01-22-2015 03:23 PM
01-23-2015 01:38 PM
by Steve
1 194
Tax Question
Wolf4dk
01-20-2015 01:11 AM
01-22-2015 02:28 PM
by Steve
4 337
Billy Goat Vac
Mr. Mow
01-19-2015 07:42 AM
01-22-2015 02:18 PM
by Steve
6 323
Property Pricing
GVL
01-19-2015 02:46 PM
01-21-2015 02:18 PM
by Steve
5 385
Landscapers Source For...
breadcrumb
01-16-2015 02:44 PM
01-21-2015 05:55 AM
by breadcrumb
14 548
Hoa advice
Bradcook21
01-16-2015 09:36 PM
01-20-2015 04:30 PM
by Steve
4 369
My Invention
biglee
01-11-2015 07:51 PM
01-20-2015 10:16 AM
by biglee
16 705
How to beat the pre pay...
stansg1fresh
01-13-2015 04:33 PM
01-19-2015 03:38 PM
by ringahding1
3 439
Hello from Md
homey
12-17-2014 06:55 PM
01-19-2015 01:37 PM
by Steve
12 1,249
Hi from Illinois
burtle
01-02-2015 09:46 PM
01-19-2015 01:22 PM
by Steve
3 598
Hello from SW FL!!
5StarLawnscaping
12-05-2014 02:35 PM
01-19-2015 01:20 PM
by Steve
14 1,549
Another Illinoisan.....
barhopper
01-11-2015 05:38 PM
01-16-2015 04:29 PM
by Steve
10 524
marketing with pizza...
apmAkron
01-15-2015 09:57 AM
01-15-2015 06:29 PM
by Steve
4 337
CRM and Quickbooks?
5StarLawnscaping
01-15-2015 08:06 AM
01-15-2015 08:06 AM
by 5StarLawnscaping
0 268
New Member, Indiana Iraq...
Timbo
07-14-2011 09:44 AM
01-14-2015 06:14 PM
by Steve
10 3,856
check this box truck out!
BLAZIER-1991
01-07-2015 07:40 PM
01-13-2015 03:06 PM
by biglee
8 732
My community only ad...
googus
01-12-2015 09:55 AM
01-13-2015 02:44 PM
by Steve
5 423
12 Years in Business!
Chilehead
10-23-2014 09:07 AM
01-13-2015 09:37 AM
by Chilehead
18 1,928
use a small business...
BLAZIER-1991
12-25-2014 12:21 AM
01-12-2015 06:32 PM
by BLAZIER-1991
30 1,677
» Popular Tags
4wd aerocore apartment bid apartment complex auger bark billy goat brushcutter blades bush collections deliquentaccounts ditches employee problems equipment rental estimate ferris first truck flyers foreman four wheel drive google gopherhaul grass growing a lawn care business hills hiring husqvarna introduction jobs john deere quik trac landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lawn mowing marketing mr dave mulch past due per hour charge per hour service podcast pricing pto push versus ride reo running a business seo shell small engine repair square foot starting a lawn care business steep lawns steve sulky theft toro grand stand trailer tree trimmer rack up sell employee walk behind web design
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy