Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

How I found TOO Many Customers! AND YOU CAN TOO (Step by Step)


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Actually, I might put letters on my back windshield for the SMS/Text Lead Gen strategy:

Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210


That way if I want to take if off, I can do so without ruining the paint.

Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #32  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.

Last edited by dpld; 01-16-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Easy work around... log into your current youtube account. Change the name in the settings to City Lawn Care/Service.

Put whatever you want in the about section.

To rename your youtube account, do this:

-> Log in
-> Click "My Channel" (top right drop down under your name)
-> Click "Channel Settings" (top left)
-> Click "Info and Settings"
-> Change your channel name

That's all there is to it. Don't worry about creating another youtube channel.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
EL Nino Patio EL Nino Patio is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
EL Nino Patio is on a distinguished road
Default

YouTube has got to be my FAVORITE way of advertising. I get a kick out of thinking up ideas, recording them and producing them. It's really not all that hard guys. If you have a Windows PC, you've likely already got Windows Movie Maker.

Here is one of my favorites. I post it to my website and Facebook page for my business and then share it on my personal Facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSPIH3ce28

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.

Last edited by dpld; 01-17-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,679
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
That is very creative and unique! How did you make that?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Cool video.

Let us know when your new site is finished. Would love to check it out. What company are you using for the design?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210

.
how do you set this up?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Next step.. Expanding help! Andrew's Landscaping Starting a lawn care business. 18 01-19-2012 03:52 PM
First step to legitimacy Hedgemaster General Talk 34 01-27-2011 03:11 AM
Getting Started, Next Step? MAllenT Starting a lawn care business. 7 06-19-2010 12:55 PM
Modular step installation Steve Tree Care, Irrigation, Landscaping, Hardscapes 3 03-10-2007 05:51 AM
Creating a 5 Step Steve Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 10 12-31-2004 09:30 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Hello from Md
homey
Yesterday 06:55 PM
Yesterday 06:55 PM
by homey
0 35
Repair or replace the...
lxarth
Yesterday 05:07 PM
Yesterday 06:08 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
1 57
what do you "love" to...
calebmoss
07-06-2011 10:05 PM
Yesterday 05:09 PM
by Chilehead
28 8,841
Employee job training...
brookline
12-15-2014 08:15 PM
Yesterday 04:59 PM
by Chilehead
3 148
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 02:56 PM
Yesterday 01:11 PM
by Steve
23 2,878
I'm BACK!
SuperiorPower
12-16-2014 11:08 PM
Yesterday 01:09 PM
by Steve
1 79
Grass hopper mower
ExtremeLawncareServices
12-05-2013 09:51 AM
Yesterday 09:40 AM
by SuperiorPower
34 6,018
Peco Bagger
AGPS
11-18-2014 02:20 PM
Yesterday 09:13 AM
by SuperiorPower
15 1,224
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 10:12 AM
12-15-2014 10:30 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
188 16,385
New to Gopher Haul-from...
323k13l
12-12-2014 10:34 PM
12-15-2014 02:58 PM
by Steve
3 223
hi
creteland
12-12-2014 09:06 AM
12-15-2014 01:45 PM
by Steve
5 225
New addition to my small...
googus
12-12-2014 07:36 PM
12-15-2014 07:47 AM
by googus
4 290
Ferris IS700Z
rmccutchan
12-14-2014 01:10 AM
12-14-2014 11:41 PM
by rmccutchan
4 201
Charge what the market...
Billy Goat
12-09-2014 12:39 PM
12-14-2014 06:39 PM
by biglee
20 720
Hi from IL
steveinil
11-25-2014 02:07 PM
12-12-2014 07:18 AM
by steveinil
4 739
Utility Company Right of...
eastsidelandcare
12-11-2014 04:54 PM
12-11-2014 04:54 PM
by eastsidelandcare
0 216
leaf removal
Double J LLC
10-03-2014 05:24 PM
12-11-2014 04:50 PM
by eastsidelandcare
33 3,949
suggestions on full lawn...
Brian3137
12-10-2014 07:18 PM
12-11-2014 03:41 PM
by Steve
6 319
new to me box truck
jrayb39667
03-06-2014 11:20 PM
12-11-2014 09:43 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
18 3,273
Hello from SW FL!!
5StarLawnscaping
12-05-2014 02:35 PM
12-10-2014 02:45 PM
by WesleySnips
7 553
Echo pb200 blower fuel...
googus
12-06-2014 09:03 PM
12-09-2014 06:35 PM
by Steve
3 398
Facebook
element009
03-23-2011 09:36 AM
12-09-2014 06:24 PM
by Steve
36 9,705
Are you prepared for the...
Steve
12-02-2014 04:13 PM
12-09-2014 06:22 PM
by Steve
7 816
Email Address Name
Just Cuts
12-07-2014 09:49 PM
12-08-2014 03:15 PM
by Steve
3 363
Inspection form
stevef1201
12-07-2014 10:38 AM
12-08-2014 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 361
Truck, Trailer,...
hawthornelawncare
12-23-2011 01:01 AM
12-08-2014 12:37 PM
by jrs.landscaping
108 34,046
Back Pack Blower
Ian Lovejoy
11-09-2014 08:41 AM
12-07-2014 06:35 PM
by stevef1201
24 1,619
Innovation by mandate
bayoubandit
11-29-2014 01:33 PM
12-06-2014 03:27 PM
by SGL1
12 883
Trying something new,...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 10:07 PM
12-05-2014 11:06 AM
by Steve
9 2,188
Good help is hard to find
Hanks Lawn Care Services
11-19-2014 03:27 PM
12-04-2014 01:32 PM
by stevef1201
15 1,360
How many hours is too...
Just Cuts
12-04-2014 09:00 AM
12-04-2014 01:02 PM
by Just for Cuts
6 529
Does this sound like a...
googus
12-03-2014 07:47 AM
12-04-2014 12:37 PM
by Steve
5 601
New website
Chilehead
11-20-2014 04:39 PM
12-04-2014 12:27 PM
by Steve
14 1,141
New website
SGL1
12-02-2014 10:55 PM
12-03-2014 11:17 PM
by BLC7
19 773
Websites, how long...
Dan Tanner
03-09-2014 08:29 AM
12-03-2014 11:12 PM
by SGL1
21 3,137
I Want to buy old...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-10-2014 11:04 PM
12-03-2014 10:36 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
8 1,793
GPS trackers for...
Billy Goat
12-02-2014 06:09 PM
12-03-2014 07:17 PM
by Steve
8 628
My site is on fronts page
tbtigers03
11-14-2014 05:58 PM
12-03-2014 06:31 PM
by SGL1
17 1,353
Hiring Subs over Temps
Billy Goat
12-02-2014 06:26 AM
12-03-2014 01:24 PM
by Steve
3 562
Thanksgiving cards
Steve
11-10-2008 11:57 AM
12-02-2014 11:11 PM
by SGL1
11 9,426
New parking area
ExtremeLawncareServices
11-07-2014 09:47 PM
12-02-2014 02:17 PM
by jrs.landscaping
12 1,403
Pressure Washing...
WesleySnips
07-31-2014 07:13 PM
12-02-2014 08:47 AM
by SGL1
6 1,425
old contracts
bayoubandit
11-29-2014 11:10 AM
12-01-2014 11:20 AM
by Steve
3 646
Hi to you NOTHERNERS
stevef1201
11-11-2014 05:56 PM
12-01-2014 10:54 AM
by Steve
9 1,192
Lawn care truck
Steve
10-10-2009 03:40 AM
12-01-2014 10:45 AM
by Steve
32 15,092
Intuit Quickbooks...
CDLAWNCARE
11-30-2014 10:19 AM
11-30-2014 10:19 AM
by CDLAWNCARE
0 543
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
11-28-2014 01:36 PM
by Just Cuts
1,196 355,304
Hello from Kentucky
TRV
09-30-2014 06:42 PM
11-28-2014 10:49 AM
by Steve
13 2,229
Happy Thanksgiving!
Steve
11-27-2014 09:48 AM
11-27-2014 09:48 AM
by Steve
0 596
Contract or no contract?
TRV
11-20-2014 09:18 PM
11-26-2014 09:23 PM
by stevef1201
5 948
» Popular Tags
2wd 4wd aerocore apartment bid apartment lawn care estimate applying auger billy goat brushcutter blades bush charge christmas deliquentaccounts ditches employee problems equipment rental first truck foreman georgia gopherhaul grass gravely growing a lawn care business holiday husqvarna jobs john deere quik trac labor cost landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website lighting lighting brass outdoor lights marketing mowing mr dave mulch mulch price new business new mower ordinance per hour charge podcast profit on employee pto running a business savannah search engine optimization seo shreaded small engine repair snow plowing starting a business starting a lawn care business start up lawn care business steep lawns sulky theft toro toro grand stand trailer trimmer rack walk behind wood
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy