Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

How I found TOO Many Customers! AND YOU CAN TOO (Step by Step)


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Actually, I might put letters on my back windshield for the SMS/Text Lead Gen strategy:

Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210


That way if I want to take if off, I can do so without ruining the paint.

Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #32  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.

Last edited by dpld; 01-16-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Easy work around... log into your current youtube account. Change the name in the settings to City Lawn Care/Service.

Put whatever you want in the about section.

To rename your youtube account, do this:

-> Log in
-> Click "My Channel" (top right drop down under your name)
-> Click "Channel Settings" (top left)
-> Click "Info and Settings"
-> Change your channel name

That's all there is to it. Don't worry about creating another youtube channel.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
EL Nino Patio EL Nino Patio is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
EL Nino Patio is on a distinguished road
Default

YouTube has got to be my FAVORITE way of advertising. I get a kick out of thinking up ideas, recording them and producing them. It's really not all that hard guys. If you have a Windows PC, you've likely already got Windows Movie Maker.

Here is one of my favorites. I post it to my website and Facebook page for my business and then share it on my personal Facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSPIH3ce28

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.

Last edited by dpld; 01-17-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,042
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
That is very creative and unique! How did you make that?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Cool video.

Let us know when your new site is finished. Would love to check it out. What company are you using for the design?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210

.
how do you set this up?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Next step.. Expanding help! Andrew's Landscaping Starting a lawn care business. 18 01-19-2012 02:52 PM
First step to legitimacy Hedgemaster General Talk 34 01-27-2011 02:11 AM
Getting Started, Next Step? MAllenT Starting a lawn care business. 7 06-19-2010 11:55 AM
Modular step installation Steve Tree Care, Irrigation, Landscaping, Hardscapes 3 03-10-2007 04:51 AM
Creating a 5 Step Steve Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 10 12-31-2004 08:30 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
fliers
joshp
08-19-2016 03:23 PM
Today 04:24 PM
by Steve
10 559
My Invention
biglee
01-11-2015 06:51 PM
Today 04:19 PM
by Steve
18 2,846
fert/lawn programs
joshp
Yesterday 10:43 AM
Today 04:17 PM
by Steve
1 129
Landscaper taking on odd...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 06:57 PM
Yesterday 10:31 AM
by joshp
7 740
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
08-27-2016 10:51 AM
by Steve
7 1,830
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
08-25-2016 12:55 PM
by Steve
19 2,167
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
08-24-2016 09:05 PM
by Stephen Alberts
10 1,925
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 07:49 AM
08-24-2016 08:59 PM
by Stephen Alberts
14 13,116
Breaking into commercial...
SGL1
08-19-2016 07:02 AM
08-24-2016 10:12 AM
by mowandblow1980
7 537
Snow Plow
acrajchel
08-17-2016 10:21 AM
08-22-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
5 511
Quarter Acre Woodland...
ew411
08-16-2016 06:50 AM
08-18-2016 12:25 PM
by Steve
4 493
Bidding Bushhogging
acrajchel
08-15-2016 11:52 AM
08-17-2016 05:32 PM
by acrajchel
4 490
Hello From the Florida...
KevinShuman
08-15-2016 08:57 PM
08-16-2016 01:52 PM
by SC93
2 483
I'm making stupid money...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 07:07 PM
08-16-2016 12:42 AM
by SC93
5 784
A quick Intro
BLE
08-14-2016 05:17 PM
08-15-2016 10:54 AM
by acrajchel
2 481
New Customer - Gettting...
acrajchel
08-05-2016 05:00 PM
08-15-2016 10:52 AM
by acrajchel
4 749
helping out a friend set...
Doug D
08-13-2016 11:33 AM
08-15-2016 09:45 AM
by Steve
1 491
Small bed job
Bradcook21
08-09-2016 09:52 PM
08-10-2016 03:51 PM
by Steve
1 609
Hello from NoVa
jtwlawn
08-03-2016 11:20 AM
08-09-2016 10:45 AM
by jtwlawn
4 746
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
08-08-2016 04:33 PM
by Steve
27 6,667
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-07-2016 10:21 AM
by Just for Cuts
18 19,836
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
08-07-2016 08:37 AM
by Lawnline
8 11,302
Hey guys! Greetings from...
thegardener
08-05-2016 05:45 AM
08-05-2016 03:26 PM
by Steve
1 654
First Time Bidding-Need...
capitallawncrew
08-01-2016 08:30 AM
08-03-2016 09:52 AM
by Steve
3 697
Show us your stripes
Just for Cuts
05-21-2015 03:07 PM
08-01-2016 08:28 PM
by ExclusiveLawns
7 3,804
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
07-31-2016 10:36 AM
by joshp
13 5,952
» Popular Tags
apartment become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss bidding break business business education business help business management complex contractor hacks contracts deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimate estimates fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade intro introduction jjandm lawncare l.t.rich landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawn lawncare lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch planting raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up toro timecutter townhome tree tree service video web design websites what to charge work from home z-max z-spray
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy