Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

What happened to xandrew??


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
Its just strange to post every hour on the hour every day then nothing. he was posting after he got married. Maybe he decided to get out and do his regular job.

although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
wat5150 wat5150 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Power: 0
wat5150 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.

i am sorry if you took my reply as if i was singling you out because that is not what i was doing.
i was just simply adding my two cents into why he might not be posting lately plus even though i quoted your post my reply was not based on your post only it was based on all the replies.

i know we had other threads on "what happened to" with others here like weekend warrior that seemed to burn his bridges but my memory of andrew was that he was a OK dude and it seemed it was heading in the direction of the others.

once again i am sorry for the misunderstanding that you might have thought i was pointing fingers at you or anyone for that matter because that is not what i was doing.
i was just trying to throw some suggestions as to why he has not been here lately with some further clarification and i don't think anything i said was that bad to where you or anyone should have taken offense to it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 3
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.

http://www.facebook.com/WeekendWarriorLawn
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,688
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I think we could have a whole section on where are they now



Quote:
by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.
You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 3
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I think we could have a whole section on where are they now





You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
i think it will not be a bad idea.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Why you hatin on the uniformed crew? He can use a ryobi better then anybody.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
What, pants that go all the way down to your ankles?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to WeekendWarriorLawn? jrayb39667 General Talk 44 09-07-2012 08:12 PM
What happened (forum)? CHEESE2009 General Talk 20 05-05-2011 06:45 PM
OMG the best thing happened yesterday jasonw Starting a lawn care business. 7 07-25-2009 10:31 AM
Well it happened Steve General Business Discussions 1 06-28-2007 06:12 PM
Apprentice - What happened? Steve General Business Discussions 2 03-12-2006 02:53 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Stander Vs. Zt
totalscape
Yesterday 07:57 PM
Today 07:15 AM
by homey
2 50
what do you "love" to...
calebmoss
07-06-2011 10:05 PM
Today 12:52 AM
by rmccutchan
31 9,013
I'm BACK!
SuperiorPower
12-16-2014 11:08 PM
Yesterday 11:33 PM
by SuperiorPower
7 234
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 10:12 AM
12-19-2014 09:45 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
189 16,684
Georgia Boys!
Chilehead
12-18-2014 10:23 PM
12-19-2014 09:36 PM
by Chilehead
2 105
Employee job training...
brookline
12-15-2014 08:15 PM
12-19-2014 07:48 PM
by SuperiorPower
9 334
Hello from Md
homey
12-17-2014 06:55 PM
12-19-2014 06:00 PM
by homey
5 190
Repair or replace the...
lxarth
12-17-2014 05:07 PM
12-19-2014 05:44 PM
by stevef1201
7 234
Has Obamacare helped or...
Steve
12-18-2014 04:37 PM
12-19-2014 05:43 PM
by stevef1201
3 132
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 02:56 PM
12-17-2014 01:11 PM
by Steve
23 2,994
Grass hopper mower
ExtremeLawncareServices
12-05-2013 09:51 AM
12-17-2014 09:40 AM
by SuperiorPower
34 6,150
Peco Bagger
AGPS
11-18-2014 02:20 PM
12-17-2014 09:13 AM
by SuperiorPower
15 1,347
New to Gopher Haul-from...
323k13l
12-12-2014 10:34 PM
12-15-2014 02:58 PM
by Steve
3 314
hi
creteland
12-12-2014 09:06 AM
12-15-2014 01:45 PM
by Steve
5 307
New addition to my small...
googus
12-12-2014 07:36 PM
12-15-2014 07:47 AM
by googus
4 385
Ferris IS700Z
rmccutchan
12-14-2014 01:10 AM
12-14-2014 11:41 PM
by rmccutchan
4 281
Charge what the market...
Billy Goat
12-09-2014 12:39 PM
12-14-2014 06:39 PM
by biglee
20 829
Hi from IL
steveinil
11-25-2014 02:07 PM
12-12-2014 07:18 AM
by steveinil
4 826
Utility Company Right of...
eastsidelandcare
12-11-2014 04:54 PM
12-11-2014 04:54 PM
by eastsidelandcare
0 295
leaf removal
Double J LLC
10-03-2014 05:24 PM
12-11-2014 04:50 PM
by eastsidelandcare
33 4,115
suggestions on full lawn...
Brian3137
12-10-2014 07:18 PM
12-11-2014 03:41 PM
by Steve
6 409
new to me box truck
jrayb39667
03-06-2014 11:20 PM
12-11-2014 09:43 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
18 3,401
Hello from SW FL!!
5StarLawnscaping
12-05-2014 02:35 PM
12-10-2014 02:45 PM
by WesleySnips
7 651
Echo pb200 blower fuel...
googus
12-06-2014 09:03 PM
12-09-2014 06:35 PM
by Steve
3 504
Facebook
element009
03-23-2011 09:36 AM
12-09-2014 06:24 PM
by Steve
36 9,829
Are you prepared for the...
Steve
12-02-2014 04:13 PM
12-09-2014 06:22 PM
by Steve
7 921
Email Address Name
Just Cuts
12-07-2014 09:49 PM
12-08-2014 03:15 PM
by Steve
3 447
Inspection form
stevef1201
12-07-2014 10:38 AM
12-08-2014 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 445
Truck, Trailer,...
hawthornelawncare
12-23-2011 01:01 AM
12-08-2014 12:37 PM
by jrs.landscaping
108 34,236
Back Pack Blower
Ian Lovejoy
11-09-2014 08:41 AM
12-07-2014 06:35 PM
by stevef1201
24 1,735
Innovation by mandate
bayoubandit
11-29-2014 01:33 PM
12-06-2014 03:27 PM
by SGL1
12 991
Trying something new,...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 10:07 PM
12-05-2014 11:06 AM
by Steve
9 2,287
Good help is hard to find
Hanks Lawn Care Services
11-19-2014 03:27 PM
12-04-2014 01:32 PM
by stevef1201
15 1,473
How many hours is too...
Just Cuts
12-04-2014 09:00 AM
12-04-2014 01:02 PM
by Just for Cuts
6 624
Does this sound like a...
googus
12-03-2014 07:47 AM
12-04-2014 12:37 PM
by Steve
5 708
New website
Chilehead
11-20-2014 04:39 PM
12-04-2014 12:27 PM
by Steve
14 1,247
New website
SGL1
12-02-2014 10:55 PM
12-03-2014 11:17 PM
by BLC7
19 878
Websites, how long...
Dan Tanner
03-09-2014 08:29 AM
12-03-2014 11:12 PM
by SGL1
21 3,262
I Want to buy old...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-10-2014 11:04 PM
12-03-2014 10:36 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
8 1,889
GPS trackers for...
Billy Goat
12-02-2014 06:09 PM
12-03-2014 07:17 PM
by Steve
8 726
My site is on fronts page
tbtigers03
11-14-2014 05:58 PM
12-03-2014 06:31 PM
by SGL1
17 1,472
Hiring Subs over Temps
Billy Goat
12-02-2014 06:26 AM
12-03-2014 01:24 PM
by Steve
3 657
Thanksgiving cards
Steve
11-10-2008 11:57 AM
12-02-2014 11:11 PM
by SGL1
11 9,548
New parking area
ExtremeLawncareServices
11-07-2014 09:47 PM
12-02-2014 02:17 PM
by jrs.landscaping
12 1,502
Pressure Washing...
WesleySnips
07-31-2014 07:13 PM
12-02-2014 08:47 AM
by SGL1
6 1,523
old contracts
bayoubandit
11-29-2014 11:10 AM
12-01-2014 11:20 AM
by Steve
3 723
Hi to you NOTHERNERS
stevef1201
11-11-2014 05:56 PM
12-01-2014 10:54 AM
by Steve
9 1,293
Lawn care truck
Steve
10-10-2009 03:40 AM
12-01-2014 10:45 AM
by Steve
32 15,210
Intuit Quickbooks...
CDLAWNCARE
11-30-2014 10:19 AM
11-30-2014 10:19 AM
by CDLAWNCARE
0 631
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
11-28-2014 01:36 PM
by Just Cuts
1,196 355,980
» Popular Tags
4wd apartment bid apartment lawn care estimate applying bid bob villa bush care commercial decorating deliquentaccounts demonstration ditches edging employee problems ferris first truck four wheel drive gopherhaul grass hardscapes hills hiring how much to charge how to hydraulic installation introduction landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn care business lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo managing a lawn care business mulch mulch price past due patio install per hour charge podcast profit on employee reo scag v-ride scripts shell snow snow plowing sprayer starting a business starting a lawn care business start up lawn care business steve sulky toro tractor auger trailer mate pro tree truck new used landscape turfgrass consulting up sell employee walk behind won't return wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy