Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

What happened to xandrew??


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
Its just strange to post every hour on the hour every day then nothing. he was posting after he got married. Maybe he decided to get out and do his regular job.

although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
wat5150 wat5150 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Power: 0
wat5150 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.

i am sorry if you took my reply as if i was singling you out because that is not what i was doing.
i was just simply adding my two cents into why he might not be posting lately plus even though i quoted your post my reply was not based on your post only it was based on all the replies.

i know we had other threads on "what happened to" with others here like weekend warrior that seemed to burn his bridges but my memory of andrew was that he was a OK dude and it seemed it was heading in the direction of the others.

once again i am sorry for the misunderstanding that you might have thought i was pointing fingers at you or anyone for that matter because that is not what i was doing.
i was just trying to throw some suggestions as to why he has not been here lately with some further clarification and i don't think anything i said was that bad to where you or anyone should have taken offense to it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 4
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.

http://www.facebook.com/WeekendWarriorLawn
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,283
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I think we could have a whole section on where are they now



Quote:
by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.
You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 4
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I think we could have a whole section on where are they now





You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
i think it will not be a bad idea.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Why you hatin on the uniformed crew? He can use a ryobi better then anybody.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
What, pants that go all the way down to your ankles?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to WeekendWarriorLawn? jrayb39667 General Talk 44 09-07-2012 07:12 PM
What happened (forum)? CHEESE2009 General Talk 20 05-05-2011 05:45 PM
OMG the best thing happened yesterday jasonw Starting a lawn care business. 7 07-25-2009 09:31 AM
Well it happened Steve General Business Discussions 1 06-28-2007 05:12 PM
Apprentice - What happened? Steve General Business Discussions 2 03-12-2006 01:53 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
color fliers?
holymoly
04-18-2015 02:32 PM
Today 05:55 AM
by holymoly
14 552
What are your biggest...
Steve
Yesterday 01:24 PM
Yesterday 09:54 PM
by Chilehead
1 47
Big (to me) mulch job
tl757
04-23-2015 05:32 PM
Yesterday 08:50 PM
by avetslawncare
16 677
I'm Back With The Best...
aduttonater
02-21-2015 12:41 AM
Yesterday 04:13 PM
by jrs.landscaping
76 3,140
Go daddy web site and...
jcurr33
05-04-2015 06:00 PM
Yesterday 11:57 AM
by Steve
2 71
I have ZERO confidence...
Just for Cuts
05-01-2015 04:24 PM
Yesterday 11:55 AM
by Steve
20 387
How busy are you now?
Steve
05-04-2015 01:10 PM
Yesterday 11:47 AM
by Steve
4 106
Pictures of commercial...
avetslawncare
04-01-2015 09:47 PM
Yesterday 11:45 AM
by Steve
35 1,363
mowfinder
scaypa
04-27-2015 05:44 PM
05-04-2015 01:14 PM
by Steve
1 151
Latest video, Facebook...
Sprinkler Buddy
05-01-2015 06:54 AM
05-04-2015 01:09 PM
by Steve
3 134
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
05-04-2015 01:03 PM
by Steve
72 5,835
weed
avetslawncare
04-16-2015 07:56 PM
05-01-2015 11:38 AM
by Steve
8 484
so i need somehelp with...
dalvan0
04-28-2015 07:43 PM
04-30-2015 10:55 PM
by avetslawncare
3 318
Anyone have a Lawn Care...
nishirandall
04-28-2015 08:45 PM
04-30-2015 12:00 AM
by Steve
1 171
mowing pic
joshlawncare
04-25-2015 12:34 PM
04-29-2015 10:55 PM
by Steve
5 273
Help with a truck
bdodson89
04-27-2015 08:15 PM
04-29-2015 10:47 PM
by Steve
4 209
Ford F250 Wheel loaders...
jrs.landscaping
04-28-2015 05:34 AM
04-29-2015 07:47 AM
by jrs.landscaping
2 156
New company in Michigan
SEM
04-24-2015 09:27 PM
04-28-2015 11:56 AM
by Steve
6 239
Correct me if I'm wrong...
SGL1
04-26-2015 02:41 PM
04-28-2015 06:57 AM
by SGL1
12 293
Total yard rehab
SGL1
04-23-2015 03:59 PM
04-27-2015 06:57 PM
by SGL1
11 383
equipment marketplace?
jrs.landscaping
04-27-2015 04:49 PM
04-27-2015 06:09 PM
by jrs.landscaping
2 148
Buying contracts /...
greenscaper123
04-26-2015 04:46 PM
04-27-2015 05:59 PM
by Steve
2 185
Lawn Care Service in...
Friscobob
04-24-2015 03:33 PM
04-27-2015 05:44 PM
by Steve
4 261
what's the big deal...
Tony317
04-25-2015 02:19 PM
04-27-2015 05:43 PM
by Steve
3 199
Newb Question - Multiple...
DependiLawn
04-24-2015 11:36 PM
04-27-2015 05:36 PM
by Steve
1 191
maintandlawndispatch...
SGL1
04-21-2015 03:31 PM
04-24-2015 04:42 PM
by Steve
9 340
Thoughts on Undocumented...
element009
09-25-2011 11:08 AM
04-23-2015 09:32 PM
by Chilehead
56 15,761
Hello Everyone
DesignsByBnC
04-22-2015 04:07 PM
04-23-2015 02:19 PM
by DesignsByBnC
2 217
The upcoming rainy...
5StarLawnscaping
04-21-2015 01:22 PM
04-23-2015 12:54 PM
by Steve
7 311
WARNING! Especially to...
SC93
04-19-2015 12:05 PM
04-22-2015 01:39 PM
by Steve
14 610
Could be great news for...
SC93
04-14-2015 11:06 PM
04-22-2015 01:28 PM
by Steve
15 664
quick pic
joshlawncare
04-14-2015 07:49 PM
04-21-2015 05:01 PM
by joshlawncare
4 464
Got Inspected today
swstout
08-09-2010 10:31 PM
04-21-2015 03:53 PM
by SGL1
10 4,141
Smoked my first belt!
SGL1
04-20-2015 08:46 PM
04-21-2015 03:28 PM
by SGL1
4 279
lawn care business...
holymoly
04-18-2015 02:56 PM
04-21-2015 06:18 AM
by holymoly
3 379
landscape insurance
clarkslawn
03-30-2015 10:14 PM
04-20-2015 10:02 PM
by SGL1
4 614
Poll & Discussion...
CHEESE2009
09-16-2011 06:16 PM
04-20-2015 08:20 PM
by avetslawncare
27 5,815
Aerating / Dethaching...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-12-2015 07:53 PM
04-19-2015 08:49 PM
by Chilehead
17 806
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
04-19-2015 09:21 AM
by KJ90
8 1,155
bidding a cemetery....
NPM_LLC
03-28-2015 10:56 AM
04-19-2015 05:26 AM
by RSE
22 1,207
Hustler Raptor
SGL1
04-13-2015 09:27 PM
04-18-2015 07:53 AM
by SGL1
15 653
is craiglist good to...
JBENI
04-16-2015 11:11 AM
04-17-2015 10:25 PM
by Wolf4dk
11 615
Am I missing something...
googus
04-11-2015 06:33 PM
04-17-2015 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
10 706
Hello
sonny54
04-16-2015 09:49 PM
04-17-2015 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 312
Unreal
Chilehead
04-09-2015 09:12 PM
04-17-2015 08:27 AM
by Chilehead
11 810
starting a lawn care...
JBENI
04-14-2015 09:03 AM
04-17-2015 08:03 AM
by JBENI
14 725
Finally got a warehouse
avetslawncare
03-12-2015 07:52 PM
04-16-2015 07:52 PM
by avetslawncare
23 1,546
New 14 x 7 Enclosed...
whitepropertydetail
04-15-2015 06:46 PM
04-16-2015 03:40 PM
by Steve
1 376
older used dump trucks
SECTLANDSCAPING
09-22-2011 12:33 AM
04-16-2015 12:41 PM
by biglee
21 8,199
Tax Poll
Steve
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
by Steve
0 352
» Popular Tags
aerocore apartment bid apartment lawn care estimate applying auger billy goat brushcutter bob villa bush commercial deliquentaccounts demonstration design ditches door hangers employee problems estimate foreman free advertising google growing a lawn care business hardscapes how to hydraulic jobs john deere quik trac landscape landscape services landscaping training lawn lawn aeration lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn mowing managing a lawn care business marketing marketing secrets more customers business mulch new business new mower ordinance patio install per hour service pricing profit on employee pto scag v-ride scripts secrets to landscaping sell the vision shell shreaded snow plowing sq ft starting a lawn care business steep lawns theft toro toro grand stand tractor auger trailer mate pro truck new used landscape up sell employee web design website website design winterization won't return wood wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy