Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

What happened to xandrew??


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
Its just strange to post every hour on the hour every day then nothing. he was posting after he got married. Maybe he decided to get out and do his regular job.

although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
wat5150 wat5150 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Power: 0
wat5150 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.

i am sorry if you took my reply as if i was singling you out because that is not what i was doing.
i was just simply adding my two cents into why he might not be posting lately plus even though i quoted your post my reply was not based on your post only it was based on all the replies.

i know we had other threads on "what happened to" with others here like weekend warrior that seemed to burn his bridges but my memory of andrew was that he was a OK dude and it seemed it was heading in the direction of the others.

once again i am sorry for the misunderstanding that you might have thought i was pointing fingers at you or anyone for that matter because that is not what i was doing.
i was just trying to throw some suggestions as to why he has not been here lately with some further clarification and i don't think anything i said was that bad to where you or anyone should have taken offense to it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 3
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.

http://www.facebook.com/WeekendWarriorLawn
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,816
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I think we could have a whole section on where are they now



Quote:
by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.
You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 3
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I think we could have a whole section on where are they now





You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
i think it will not be a bad idea.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Why you hatin on the uniformed crew? He can use a ryobi better then anybody.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
What, pants that go all the way down to your ankles?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to WeekendWarriorLawn? jrayb39667 General Talk 44 09-07-2012 08:12 PM
What happened (forum)? CHEESE2009 General Talk 20 05-05-2011 06:45 PM
OMG the best thing happened yesterday jasonw Starting a lawn care business. 7 07-25-2009 10:31 AM
Well it happened Steve General Business Discussions 1 06-28-2007 06:12 PM
Apprentice - What happened? Steve General Business Discussions 2 03-12-2006 02:53 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
second year advise
cmdlawncare
01-23-2015 06:22 PM
Today 06:06 AM
by Billy Goat
4 149
TaskEasy & Plowz & Mowz...
jrwalker333
Yesterday 01:02 PM
Yesterday 01:02 PM
by jrwalker333
0 39
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 11:41 AM
Yesterday 09:34 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
9 478
Lawn care truck
Steve
10-10-2009 03:40 AM
01-24-2015 10:54 PM
by Chilehead
39 15,801
What happened to Better...
Steve
01-27-2014 04:07 PM
01-24-2015 01:13 PM
by WesleySnips
16 2,987
need advise
rawssrob
02-23-2010 02:45 PM
01-23-2015 06:40 PM
by cmdlawncare
7 2,516
please Help with none...
Lawnboyman1170
01-09-2015 09:46 AM
01-23-2015 03:39 PM
by burnell76
7 452
does this sound good or...
Bradcook21
01-22-2015 09:24 AM
01-23-2015 02:02 PM
by Steve
8 231
New to forum
ROB N
01-23-2015 08:35 AM
01-23-2015 01:53 PM
by Steve
1 87
Looking for advice on...
berryjam
01-21-2015 07:37 PM
01-23-2015 01:50 PM
by Steve
9 257
Extending the life of...
rmccutchan
01-17-2015 12:37 AM
01-23-2015 01:43 PM
by Steve
8 316
osceola lawn service
jasa@wildblue.net
01-22-2015 03:23 PM
01-23-2015 01:38 PM
by Steve
1 109
How many contracts...
5StarLawnscaping
01-12-2015 03:51 PM
01-23-2015 08:46 AM
by jrs.landscaping
8 437
Tax Question
Wolf4dk
01-20-2015 01:11 AM
01-22-2015 02:28 PM
by Steve
4 222
Billy Goat Vac
Mr. Mow
01-19-2015 07:42 AM
01-22-2015 02:18 PM
by Steve
6 219
"Part Timers", "Low...
doug1980
06-10-2009 12:55 PM
01-22-2015 02:09 PM
by biglee
39 10,108
Property Pricing
GVL
01-19-2015 02:46 PM
01-21-2015 02:18 PM
by Steve
5 269
Landscapers Source For...
breadcrumb
01-16-2015 02:44 PM
01-21-2015 05:55 AM
by breadcrumb
14 418
Hoa advice
Bradcook21
01-16-2015 09:36 PM
01-20-2015 04:30 PM
by Steve
4 259
My Invention
biglee
01-11-2015 07:51 PM
01-20-2015 10:16 AM
by biglee
16 598
How to beat the pre pay...
stansg1fresh
01-13-2015 04:33 PM
01-19-2015 03:38 PM
by ringahding1
3 328
Hello from Md
homey
12-17-2014 06:55 PM
01-19-2015 01:37 PM
by Steve
12 1,110
Hi from Illinois
burtle
01-02-2015 09:46 PM
01-19-2015 01:22 PM
by Steve
3 498
Hello from SW FL!!
5StarLawnscaping
12-05-2014 02:35 PM
01-19-2015 01:20 PM
by Steve
14 1,424
Lost my @#$ blower
stevef1201
01-11-2015 08:31 AM
01-17-2015 02:21 PM
by lxarth
2 360
Another Illinoisan.....
barhopper
01-11-2015 05:38 PM
01-16-2015 04:29 PM
by Steve
10 413
marketing with pizza...
apmAkron
01-15-2015 09:57 AM
01-15-2015 06:29 PM
by Steve
4 246
CRM and Quickbooks?
5StarLawnscaping
01-15-2015 08:06 AM
01-15-2015 08:06 AM
by 5StarLawnscaping
0 177
New Member, Indiana Iraq...
Timbo
07-14-2011 09:44 AM
01-14-2015 06:14 PM
by Steve
10 3,774
check this box truck out!
BLAZIER-1991
01-07-2015 07:40 PM
01-13-2015 03:06 PM
by biglee
8 613
My community only ad...
googus
01-12-2015 09:55 AM
01-13-2015 02:44 PM
by Steve
5 310
12 Years in Business!
Chilehead
10-23-2014 09:07 AM
01-13-2015 09:37 AM
by Chilehead
18 1,783
use a small business...
BLAZIER-1991
12-25-2014 12:21 AM
01-12-2015 06:32 PM
by BLAZIER-1991
30 1,539
tips on creating a...
BLAZIER-1991
01-08-2015 07:22 PM
01-12-2015 06:19 PM
by BLAZIER-1991
4 449
During Your Down Time
achri12
12-24-2014 03:03 PM
01-12-2015 03:54 PM
by Steve
10 1,070
Leaf cleanup
Bradcook21
01-09-2015 02:21 PM
01-12-2015 12:22 PM
by Jamesw86
4 419
Has Anyone Used Plowz ?
dpld
01-08-2014 12:14 PM
01-11-2015 02:17 PM
by burtle
20 3,341
What to pay help
Bradcook21
01-07-2015 01:32 PM
01-08-2015 07:01 PM
by Steve
1 456
Need a trailer
googus
01-07-2015 09:40 AM
01-08-2015 10:24 AM
by Upscale2
7 563
Do you guys charge buy...
burtle
01-02-2015 09:58 PM
01-07-2015 08:37 PM
by Shark1611
14 917
Organic Lawn Care...
NHray
10-17-2014 07:05 PM
01-07-2015 07:05 PM
by greyhound
18 2,153
Need advice please
CHenricks
01-06-2015 01:17 AM
01-07-2015 03:34 PM
by Steve
4 527
Mowing 2 acres
Bradcook21
01-05-2015 03:13 PM
01-07-2015 03:32 PM
by Steve
9 665
Ideas on a large bid
Knaubone
12-21-2014 11:57 AM
01-06-2015 03:55 PM
by Steve
5 980
Trailer with 4ft sides...
mayala030292
01-02-2015 09:01 PM
01-06-2015 03:33 PM
by Steve
5 613
A tip to get good...
biglee
01-04-2015 12:07 AM
01-06-2015 03:30 PM
by Steve
4 594
Work Shoes!
rsanchez1203
02-19-2013 12:07 PM
01-05-2015 09:18 PM
by Havanese2
13 7,440
EDDM post cards
hemiman
02-13-2014 06:36 PM
01-05-2015 04:22 PM
by Steve
14 2,406
Cleaning your Mower and...
MNK
01-03-2015 01:22 AM
01-05-2015 09:17 AM
by rmccutchan
10 751
where to find more...
BLAZIER-1991
01-02-2015 12:17 AM
01-04-2015 12:51 PM
by BLAZIER-1991
6 636
» Popular Tags
2wd 4wd 4x4 aerocore apartment bid apartment complex apartment lawn care estimate applying auger billy goat brushcutter blades bush collections deliquentaccounts ditches employee problems equipment rental first truck flyers foreman georgia google gopherhaul grass gravely growing a lawn care business hiring husqvarna jobs john deere quik trac landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website lighting brass outdoor lights marketing mr dave mulch new buisness new mower per hour service podcast pricing pto push versus ride running a business savannah search engine optimization seo shell small engine repair snow plowing square foot starting a business starting a lawn care business start up lawn care business steep lawns sulky theft toro grand stand trailer tree trimmer rack up sell employee walk behind
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy