Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs, Buy or Sell

Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs, Buy or Sell Outdoor power equipment discussions. Questions on commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders, trucks and trailers?

What Brand Equipment Is Best


Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs, Buy or Sell

Outdoor power equipment discussions. Questions on commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders, trucks and trailers?
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 PM
mike affordable mike affordable is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sutton massachusetts
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 4
mike affordable is on a distinguished road
Default What Brand Equipment Is Best

Hello Its Been Some Time Since I Been On The Forum First Of All I Want To Thank Steve For The E Mail It Is Very Help Full Ur The Best . Also As We Know Spring Is Around The Corner And Every Body Will Be Staying Busy I Hope . This Will Be My Second Season And Hope To Do Better Than Last .as We All Do. Any Way Im Looking To Add A Couple Of New Items To My Arsenal And Was Just Wondering What Brand Name Any Of U Guy Have Had Luck With Some Of My Stuff Is On Its Way Out Stringtrimmer .. Backpack And Small Trim Mower .. Thanks Any Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated..mike...:
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 4
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike affordable View Post
Hello Its Been Some Time Since I Been On The Forum First Of All I Want To Thank Steve For The E Mail It Is Very Help Full Ur The Best . Also As We Know Spring Is Around The Corner And Every Body Will Be Staying Busy I Hope . This Will Be My Second Season And Hope To Do Better Than Last .as We All Do. Any Way Im Looking To Add A Couple Of New Items To My Arsenal And Was Just Wondering What Brand Name Any Of U Guy Have Had Luck With Some Of My Stuff Is On Its Way Out Stringtrimmer .. Backpack And Small Trim Mower .. Thanks Any Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated..mike...:
I am looking from a repair standpoint but in my opinion your top quality trimmers and blowers would be Redmax, Husquvarna(also Redmax), and Echo. Your top Chainsaws are Husquvarna(XP units only), Redmax(Husquvarna) Jonsared(Husquvarna), Stihl, and Dolmar. The major deciding factor is if the repair shop knows how to set up and properly repair a unit.

For disclosure I am a Redmax dealer, I am so because I believe in the products. I am also easily the largest dealer(the only dealer with a mower line) in the county at the location I run. I am also not a fan of 4mix products as they require more maintenance then true 2cycles.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
mike affordable mike affordable is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sutton massachusetts
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 4
mike affordable is on a distinguished road
Default

thank you for your help i think im going with echo backpack / trimmer not sure on the mower yet need too take a look at my options .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

String trimmers Shindiawa, Kawasaki, Stihl. I would put echo and husky right below them. At the price difference its not a bad buy for echo here. This would be the same for hedge trimmers.


For backpacks is shindiawa. I have a 640 and 802. They both have held up for years. I never tried a redmax but heard nothing but good things about them. I have a stihl br400, a little underpowered but reliable. I sold both my husky and echo backpacks after a year. They lost power and were built poorly. I would buy a top of the line blower the difference is night and day.

Chainsaws Jonsared, Dolmar, Stihl, and some of husky bigger saws. I even had a residential husky that held up to some abuse.

Husky might improve after buying redmax but then again redmax might be made inferior.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 PM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 4
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
String trimmers Shindiawa, Kawasaki, Stihl. I would put echo and husky right below them. At the price difference its not a bad buy for echo here. This would be the same for hedge trimmers.


For backpacks is shindiawa. I have a 640 and 802. They both have held up for years. I never tried a redmax but heard nothing but good things about them. I have a stihl br400, a little underpowered but reliable. I sold both my husky and echo backpacks after a year. They lost power and were built poorly. I would buy a top of the line blower the difference is night and day.

Chainsaws Jonsared, Dolmar, Stihl, and some of husky bigger saws. I even had a residential husky that held up to some abuse.

Husky might improve after buying redmax but then again redmax might be made inferior.
After the purchase they have integrated some of the trimmers from redmax into husky, and husky fixed the problems with the redmax chainsaws bringing them up to a top quality saw, other then that they are leaving it alone for now. Shindiawa is essentially gone they have merged totally with echo and are more or less the same as echo now. And the reason I did not list Kawasaki is I expect dealer support to drop on them coming up with the new changes to the system they are implementing. Stihl is also having some issues with the valves just like echo where they loose power over time that is why redmax will have less problems it is the only true 2cycle left that meets epa standards. But I am finding the echo units are outlasting the stihl around here as to when they need valve adjustments. As for your pushmower a good quality honda or possibly a better toro or exmark unit would be nice by for the most part all of the other brands are made by murray so just pick a style you like and buy the cheapest paint job.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandfsmall View Post
After the purchase they have integrated some of the trimmers from redmax into husky, and husky fixed the problems with the redmax chainsaws bringing them up to a top quality saw, other then that they are leaving it alone for now. Shindiawa is essentially gone they have merged totally with echo and are more or less the same as echo now. And the reason I did not list Kawasaki is I expect dealer support to drop on them coming up with the new changes to the system they are implementing. Stihl is also having some issues with the valves just like echo where they loose power over time that is why redmax will have less problems it is the only true 2cycle left that meets epa standards. But I am finding the echo units are outlasting the stihl around here as to when they need valve adjustments. As for your pushmower a good quality honda or possibly a better toro or exmark unit would be nice by for the most part all of the other brands are made by murray so just pick a style you like and buy the cheapest paint job.
Unfortunately, this happened. It's quite disturbing to walk into my Shindaiwa dealer's showroom and see orange everywhere. I believe Echo is a very inferior product to Shindaiwa. When was the last time you saw Shindaiwa hanging at Home Depot? No one can leave well enough alone anymore. It's about the almighty dollar and who has the most. A few Japanese guys decided to deal with some other Japanese guys and create a win-win for all...so we'll see... I'm afraid this will happen to Redmax now.


Another solid brand with little dealer support is Tanaka.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 4
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
Unfortunately, this happened. It's quite disturbing to walk into my Shindaiwa dealer's showroom and see orange everywhere. I believe Echo is a very inferior product to Shindaiwa. When was the last time you saw Shindaiwa hanging at Home Depot? No one can leave well enough alone anymore. It's about the almighty dollar and who has the most. A few Japanese guys decided to deal with some other Japanese guys and create a win-win for all...so we'll see... I'm afraid this will happen to Redmax now.


Another solid brand with little dealer support is Tanaka.
When Husquvarna bought redmax and started inforcing the pattents Shindaiwa had no choice but to change the trimmers. They were owned by the same company as echo so they just merged the two companies. I now nothing about Tanaka equipment as I have never worked on one, nor even seen one for that matter as I have never seen a dealer for them other then online. But that is most likly from my location. As for Husquvarna gutting redmax I doubt it They did not gut Jonsared when they bought them for the chainsaws so I do not expect them to do the same with redmax. Aslo they have owned them for about 6 years so I would think they would have already changed them if they were going to.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand New... devine.pk Introduce Yourself 3 03-08-2011 08:41 PM
Spring Equipment Check-Up Guide For Outdoor Power Equipment from Gold Eagle Co. Gold Eagle Co. Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs, Buy or Sell 1 03-17-2009 07:01 PM
Brand New here Angelik99 Introduce Yourself 8 10-18-2007 12:55 PM
New to not brand new pnplawn Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 4 10-03-2007 07:49 PM
Our brand Steve General Business Discussions 5 04-18-2006 10:34 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Will summer ever come
ExtremeLawncareServices
Today 08:27 AM
Today 08:29 PM
by SGL1
5 72
Mow and leave cleanup bid
SGL1
Today 07:28 PM
Today 07:28 PM
by SGL1
0 19
Need input on a bid
phlawncare
Yesterday 08:51 PM
Today 06:25 PM
by phlawncare
2 80
Building credit
Matther777
07-27-2014 05:20 PM
Today 05:18 PM
by Matther777
8 152
Single tree, mow customer
WesleySnips
06-27-2014 10:12 AM
Today 04:23 PM
by stevef1201
16 661
Formulas Used
BaileynSamsMum
Today 06:40 AM
Today 02:52 PM
by BaileynSamsMum
2 62
From Concord NC
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:34 PM
Today 02:28 PM
by Steve
3 78
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
Today 02:28 PM
by Steve
4 142
Echo Edger 'Neutral'
WesleySnips
07-25-2014 05:28 PM
Today 02:25 PM
by Steve
4 133
Spreading Weeds?
WesleySnips
07-27-2014 09:46 PM
Today 02:11 PM
by Steve
4 114
New from Texas
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:17 AM
Yesterday 01:29 PM
by Steve
3 140
Left handed edging with...
SGL1
07-23-2014 08:59 PM
Yesterday 07:39 AM
by SGL1
15 337
Echo PE 266 edger
stevef1201
07-01-2014 01:28 PM
07-27-2014 10:14 PM
by WesleySnips
5 349
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
07-27-2014 01:21 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
80 4,671
Texas lawn care company...
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:29 AM
07-27-2014 08:16 AM
by Just for Cuts
7 194
need some help geting...
dalvan0
07-13-2014 09:28 PM
07-26-2014 04:39 PM
by BLC7
7 337
new trailer help
mattthelawnguy
07-11-2014 08:21 PM
07-25-2014 06:31 PM
by mattthelawnguy
13 515
You know it;s gonna be a...
stevef1201
07-25-2014 08:50 AM
07-25-2014 01:34 PM
by Steve
1 101
Customer letters
kslawn
07-23-2014 06:17 AM
07-25-2014 01:20 PM
by Steve
5 217
Got my first lawn job...
SGL1
06-11-2014 09:19 PM
07-24-2014 07:09 PM
by SGL1
29 1,293
Need help determining...
Jbss861
07-20-2014 02:33 PM
07-24-2014 01:11 PM
by Steve
13 404
Should I ?
googus
07-22-2014 04:06 PM
07-24-2014 12:10 PM
by Steve
4 235
My First Apartment...
SSLCtn
05-26-2014 10:17 PM
07-24-2014 06:46 AM
by kslawn
15 926
Crop Rotation Techniques...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:47 PM
07-24-2014 06:38 AM
by kslawn
3 228
Selling lawns like...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:51 PM
07-24-2014 06:28 AM
by kslawn
3 281
Scag new "Eliminator"......
ExtremeLawncareServices
07-20-2014 10:45 AM
07-23-2014 05:37 PM
by Just for Cuts
9 327
need professional advice...
Fiddlers_green
07-20-2014 07:21 PM
07-23-2014 12:42 PM
by Steve
3 224
new to me box truck
jrayb39667
03-06-2014 10:20 PM
07-23-2014 12:40 PM
by Steve
15 1,442
Lawn Service back in...
LawnCareMan280
07-18-2014 09:00 PM
07-23-2014 11:48 AM
by Steve
4 258
Overspray?
stevef1201
07-21-2014 04:20 PM
07-23-2014 11:39 AM
by Steve
3 168
Hello Everyone! Newbie...
SLKlawn
07-17-2014 06:22 PM
07-22-2014 01:53 PM
by Steve
6 303
Proper height for lawn
rob lederhilger
05-26-2014 08:01 AM
07-21-2014 02:53 PM
by LawnDoctor
9 680
Blade sharpener
Just for Cuts
07-04-2014 12:31 PM
07-21-2014 01:48 PM
by Steve
9 536
What's my business worth?
Chaz
07-16-2014 01:35 PM
07-21-2014 01:45 PM
by Steve
4 317
1.5 Acre Jungle
WesleySnips
07-15-2014 05:57 PM
07-20-2014 11:31 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
21 648
Gopher schedule software
Ray
07-18-2014 04:13 PM
07-18-2014 04:13 PM
by Ray
0 208
2006 Chevy fuel pump...
KevinsLawns
07-17-2014 08:39 PM
07-18-2014 11:51 AM
by Steve
1 202
Halfway point of year!
Steve
07-01-2014 12:08 PM
07-18-2014 11:38 AM
by Steve
14 763
I got told to leave and...
gwilson98
06-16-2014 02:07 PM
07-17-2014 11:43 AM
by Steve
16 1,083
Hey guys this is the...
prmenter@gmail.com
07-07-2014 08:23 PM
07-16-2014 08:10 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
28 811
Mowing the hills
prmenter@gmail.com
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
07-16-2014 05:00 PM
by Just for Cuts
18 738
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-15-2014 05:38 PM
by icon2000
1,184 320,935
Classified Ad Template...
bcfb
06-05-2013 02:40 AM
07-15-2014 11:16 AM
by Steve
15 3,761
Husqvarna pz 60
CDLAWNCARE
07-06-2014 06:50 PM
07-15-2014 08:53 AM
by kslawn
10 480
Lowballers
Chaz
07-11-2014 03:55 PM
07-14-2014 12:27 PM
by Steve
5 390
My new side job
Sprinkler Buddy
05-10-2014 05:23 AM
07-14-2014 12:15 PM
by Steve
10 850
Illegal spraying
GoGreenerKS
07-04-2014 09:11 AM
07-13-2014 10:36 PM
by GoGreenerKS
10 585
New Mower and Trailer
Chaz
06-25-2014 12:04 PM
07-13-2014 06:25 PM
by SGL1
7 602
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 01:56 PM
07-12-2014 07:36 PM
by SGL1
21 1,934
Fuel and fuel additives
SGL1
07-06-2014 10:23 AM
07-11-2014 07:53 PM
by SGL1
15 590
» Popular Tags
2wd 34'' ads birdscaping blades charge christmas christmas light hanging commercial craigslist credit card customers ditches employee problems exmark fall ferris financing franchise georgia gopherhaul grass gravely growing a lawn care business health holiday how much to charge installation invoice kansas city labor cost late lawn lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lesco lighting brass outdoor lights marketing mechanic mowing new and restored landscapes new buisness new business podcast promotion riding mower running a business savannah scag seo social media starting a business steep lawns stihl sulky theft of services top dresser toro tree care truck new used landscape upsell walk behind walker won't return
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy