Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Graphic And Web Design Support Forums > Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.

Feedback please


Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 01-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Yard Elements Yard Elements is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 6
Yard Elements is on a distinguished road
Default

IS that the only reason you say not to use AP div tags. I do it because i can simply draw a website. I took some design in college and some HTML but I know little CSS. So I draw and add pictures. I have noticed that they don't validate when drawn in Dreamweaver. I also make the site for the viewer but I hate coding and don't want to pay someone to make a webpage for me.

I will agree your webpage is one of the best I've seen.

I agree about the music and videos I hate when they start playing and blare out of my speakers.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 01-23-2011, 02:11 PM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,402
Rep Power: 7
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Elements View Post
IS that the only reason you say not to use AP div tags. ...
It's a pretty compelling reason but no, it's not the only reason. Removing main content from the normal document flow and having no good reason to do it are some other reasons. So far there has been no valid argument for doing it. Not learning a correct technique is not a valid argument in my opinion.

Your statement about not wanting to pay for someone to code your site is somewhat valid considering a lot of "pros" out there are simply people that happen to own dreamweaver. The field is saturated with people that would do a terrible job and still be happy to take your cash. My first step in picking a web design firm is to go to their site and run it through the w3 validator (http://validator.w3.org). If it fails then pass on their services.

Last edited by mark123; 01-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,402
Rep Power: 7
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Elements View Post
... I agree about the music and videos I hate when they start playing and blare out of my speakers.
You ain't kidding. It seriously happened to me. Someone was touting their new business site on a forum and I checked it out one night when I couldn't sleep. THRASH METAL!!!! at 2am. It's just intrusive. Blah!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Yard Elements Yard Elements is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 6
Yard Elements is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
So far there has been no valid argument for doing it. Not learning a correct technique is not a valid argument in my opinion.
A valid reason, it's fast, easy and I can make it look good quick. I'm busy time is money. Spending time learning to code websites is not a valid use of my time.

seriouly whats your deal with coding. LOL If it look good does it really matter?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 AM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,402
Rep Power: 7
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Elements View Post
A valid reason, it's fast, easy and I can make it look good quick. I'm busy time is money. Spending time learning to code websites is not a valid use of my time.
Well, if its the wrong way to do it shouldn't I mention it to those that don't know better? It's helping, not insulting. You did ask for feedback, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Elements View Post
seriouly whats your deal with coding.
It's what I do. I'm giving a professional opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Elements View Post
LOL If it look good does it really matter?
That's like saying "if I paint my grass green and kill it but it looks good, does it really matter?" My philosophy on web coding may differ from yours but it's been developed over the past 14 years. Don't my screen shots show that absolute positioning can do harm to your site?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Yard Elements Yard Elements is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 6
Yard Elements is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
Well, if its the wrong way to do it shouldn't I mention it to those that don't know better? It's helping, not insulting. You did ask for feedback, right?
I'm not upset at all. It's hard to tell from the text only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
It's what I do. I'm giving a professional opinion.

I thought you did lawn care, do you sell webdesign too?LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
That's like saying "if I paint my grass green and kill it but it looks good, does it really matter?" My philosophy on web coding may differ from yours but it's been developed over the past 14 years. Don't my screen shots show that absolute positioning can do harm to your site?
I didn't see your screen shots. But I did see on some news stations the new thing in hot climates is to paint your dead grass green some lawn care cares offer the service. NO JOKE they really do. LMAO

Oh yeah, I don't have a philosophy on web coding, I'm a landscaper LOL.

I was thinking about learning a little to make my site. But I just want to build my site, I don't want to spend a year learning to code webpages. So I will probably paint the grass green so to speak.

Like the saying goes when life gives you lemons you paint that $hit gold.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,402
Rep Power: 7
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

I just discovered that they use a colorant (ahem? paint) on the NFL football fields. I'm so disillusioned! http://www.beckerunderwood.com/en/products/GL1home
Oh, well.

If I can help you or others do one thing better then I feel accomplished.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 PM
WeedTerminatorTom WeedTerminatorTom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milpitas, CA
Posts: 50
Rep Power: 3
WeedTerminatorTom is on a distinguished road
Default DC Mowing website

I like the symmetry and simplicity, and think maybe you were going for a subtle, professional impression with the color scheme. As a layman, I can't see any imbalances, but maybe the site would show up differently on different computers/browsers. Great website!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dcmowing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feedback on logo please cleancutlawncare5382 Starting a lawn care business. 2 04-18-2010 11:31 PM
Feedback before going live EatingEmoKids Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. 1 01-07-2009 01:14 AM
Need some feedback and suggestions TigerTime Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. 4 06-09-2007 08:33 AM
Customer feedback Steve Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 3 08-01-2006 05:56 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Incorporating &...
WesleySnips
Yesterday 09:39 PM
Today 03:47 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
1 52
Hello from Kentucky
TRV
09-30-2014 05:42 PM
Yesterday 09:21 PM
by TRV
3 155
Mowing the hills
EyeCatchersNow
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
Yesterday 05:57 PM
by Steve
21 1,876
Real Estate??
tbtigers03
09-30-2014 06:43 PM
Yesterday 05:01 PM
by stevef1201
5 210
John Deere z235 Deck
WesleySnips
09-29-2014 06:02 PM
Yesterday 04:38 PM
by WesleySnips
5 257
Sprinkler head guards...
Sprinkler Buddy
09-27-2014 04:55 AM
Yesterday 02:50 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 459
Look out Bob Villa -...
Mr Dave
09-30-2014 10:06 AM
Yesterday 02:19 PM
by Steve
5 228
Question?what should I...
dalvan0
09-24-2014 11:10 PM
Yesterday 01:39 PM
by Steve
17 848
Whe does Mowing season...
jack2048
09-30-2014 07:05 AM
Yesterday 01:38 PM
by jack2048
4 222
Kohler command carb...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 03:09 PM
Yesterday 01:30 PM
by Steve
26 1,188
Help a brother...
tbtigers03
09-28-2014 11:41 AM
Yesterday 01:26 PM
by Steve
7 409
Give Me Your Problems
ellakit
09-30-2014 04:10 PM
09-30-2014 04:10 PM
by ellakit
0 17
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
09-30-2014 03:53 PM
by ellakit
1,188 336,327
Falling into business
stellarmowing
09-28-2014 04:35 PM
09-30-2014 02:17 PM
by Steve
4 370
hey
sizemorelawncare
09-28-2014 08:12 PM
09-29-2014 03:10 PM
by Steve
2 297
Update on LawnsAway and...
Ian Lovejoy
09-28-2014 10:24 AM
09-29-2014 03:09 PM
by Steve
2 352
Need to figure out how...
tjslawnde
09-28-2014 10:31 AM
09-29-2014 03:05 PM
by Steve
4 364
Aerocore Deck?
wdrdoctor
09-26-2014 06:21 PM
09-29-2014 02:36 PM
by Steve
3 487
Hello from CNY
arazucontracting
09-22-2014 06:07 PM
09-29-2014 02:33 PM
by Steve
3 744
How to price lawn mowing.
jack2048
09-24-2014 04:18 PM
09-29-2014 02:27 PM
by Steve
4 603
Pricing ????
6295danny
01-14-2013 07:54 PM
09-29-2014 02:22 PM
by Steve
35 6,616
30 Inch Push Mowers Pros...
Billy Goat
06-27-2013 08:07 PM
09-27-2014 04:11 PM
by SGL1
30 7,147
Replacing a Shindi T-27
Dan Tanner
09-13-2014 12:59 PM
09-26-2014 04:16 PM
by stevef1201
5 1,125
Looking for feed back on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-17-2014 08:38 AM
09-25-2014 09:18 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
10 1,155
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
09-25-2014 08:01 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
124 9,357
Trying something new,...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 09:07 PM
09-23-2014 11:13 AM
by Steve
4 838
This sucks...
Matther777
09-18-2014 04:56 PM
09-22-2014 08:02 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
11 1,213
Not sure, but anyone do...
SnowRemoval2k14
09-22-2014 12:10 AM
09-22-2014 04:49 PM
by Steve
1 784
Tribulations of working...
stevef1201
09-13-2014 08:37 AM
09-22-2014 04:45 PM
by Steve
9 1,112
Mulching beds
Bradcook21
09-21-2014 07:43 AM
09-22-2014 04:43 PM
by Steve
3 854
Scag turf tiger hydrolic...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-04-2014 10:55 PM
09-22-2014 04:35 PM
by Steve
12 1,478
2014 Gie-expo
ExtremeLawncareServices
08-19-2014 11:22 PM
09-21-2014 09:23 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
3 1,520
Mowing 7 acres
avetslawncare
08-31-2014 04:24 PM
09-19-2014 03:29 PM
by acrajchel
6 1,735
snowplowing
jshak40
09-01-2014 07:20 AM
09-19-2014 11:49 AM
by Steve
23 2,168
Lowballers scrubs &...
Darksteel
01-13-2014 07:35 AM
09-18-2014 06:32 PM
by Northwoods Outdoors
58 7,557
Hello from upstate NY!
A&MLawn&Snow
09-18-2014 11:19 AM
09-18-2014 04:10 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 947
Price to apply fertilizer
SS.Lawncare
09-15-2014 11:10 AM
09-18-2014 01:16 PM
by Steve
9 1,130
Trailer tires
J.A.S.LawnService
09-01-2014 10:17 AM
09-17-2014 09:57 PM
by curts lawn care
4 1,566
new to the forum
SGlawncare
09-16-2014 11:20 PM
09-17-2014 08:29 PM
by curts lawn care
3 955
Help With Snow Blowing...
Robertf31
09-13-2014 10:55 PM
09-17-2014 12:34 PM
by Steve
11 1,325
Non-Stop Summer?
SouthallMowing
09-14-2014 10:51 PM
09-17-2014 10:48 AM
by stevef1201
6 1,079
Poll - net income
Dan5082
11-15-2010 08:08 PM
09-16-2014 04:44 PM
by jrs.landscaping
12 3,831
Getting lowballed!
PineHillLawn
06-27-2012 07:23 AM
09-16-2014 01:25 PM
by jrs.landscaping
24 5,571
Compare this summer to...
Steve
09-03-2014 12:52 PM
09-16-2014 11:20 AM
by Hanks Lawn Care Services
15 1,755
thinking about throwing...
veteranslawncaresystems
09-09-2014 10:31 PM
09-15-2014 03:41 PM
by Steve
12 1,480
Hello
Robertf31
09-12-2014 10:34 PM
09-15-2014 03:17 PM
by Steve
2 971
Newbie......Again
Jibber
09-13-2014 12:17 PM
09-15-2014 02:54 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 1,099
need help with starter...
GoGreenerKS
09-12-2014 04:23 PM
09-15-2014 02:25 PM
by Steve
3 1,023
Brake job!
kslawn
08-30-2014 07:49 AM
09-15-2014 02:16 PM
by Steve
12 1,842
Hello
jawnebgoode
08-28-2014 08:37 PM
09-15-2014 02:15 PM
by Steve
3 1,567
» Popular Tags
2wd 4x4 aerocore apartment complex article marketing auger bid billy goat brushcutter blades care charge christmas collections collections subcontractor equipment rental exmark ferris foreman four wheel drive gopherhaul grass gravely growing a lawn care business health hills honda how much to charge husqvarna installation john deere quik trac landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business lawn care business book lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website lesco marketing mechanic monthly mr dave mulch mulch price new buisness new business new mower podcast pto running a business scag schedule scripts search engine optimization seo small engine repair starting a business starting a lawn care business steve stihl theft toro toro grand stand trailer trimmer rack walk behind walker
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy