Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum

» Welcome to the Gopher Lawn Care Business Forum
GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum

GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum (http://www.gopherforum.com/forum-index.php)
-   Graphic Design Discussions (http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Business Card Design (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=18359)

Greg's Lawn Care 03-25-2013 02:17 PM

Business Card Design
 
1 Attachment(s)
What are your thoughts on my business card design? Please be as honest as possible, I am interested in any way to improve. (I marked out a little of my phone number).

Attachment 5939

GreenBlue 03-25-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg's Lawn Care (Post 124207)
What are your thoughts on my business card design? Please be as honest as possible, I am interested in any way to improve. (I marked out a little of my phone number).

Attachment 5939

Not sure if "Student Owned & Operated" is a good choice to put on your card, some people may take that the wrong way and think of it as unprofessional.

Greg's Lawn Care 03-25-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBlue (Post 124208)
Not sure if "Student Owned & Operated" is a good choice to put on your card, some people may take that the wrong way and think of it as unprofessional.

I understand that point; however, I am using that to separate myself from other surrounding businesses.

stevef1201 03-25-2013 02:38 PM

Drop the student and use family
drop visit use website instead

GreenBlue 03-25-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg's Lawn Care (Post 124209)
I understand that point; however, I am using that to separate myself from other surrounding businesses.

Couldn't you use a slogan or something else to distinguish your business from the others? Like something along the lines of "Servicing All Your Lawn Care Needs" or "We Treat Your Lawn As Our Own" or "Family Owned & Operated". Just a suggestion, maybe someone else can offer more help and suggestions. I just think using the "Student Owned & Operated" would come across as someone who's inexperienced and not to be taken seriously, I mean some people might look fondly that you are a student and owning a lawn service is something to be admired, but I can see alot of people thinking "Should I take a chance with this guy?" I'm not dogging it down, just trying to get you to see it how it may be perceived by potential customers.

Greg's Lawn Care 03-25-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevef1201 (Post 124210)
Drop the student and use family
drop visit use website instead

Well it is a one man crew, just me.

I stuck with visit because the above listings are verbs like: call, email - so I tried to keep the pattern.

Thank you for the advice, I will take it all into consideration.

Greg's Lawn Care 03-25-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBlue (Post 124211)
Couldn't you use a slogan or something else to distinguish your business from the others? Like something along the lines of "Servicing All Your Lawn Care Needs" or "We Treat Your Lawn As Our Own" or "Family Owned & Operated". Just a suggestion, maybe someone else can offer more help and suggestions. I just think using the "Student Owned & Operated" would come across as someone who's inexperienced and not to be taken seriously, I mean some people might look fondly that you are a student and owning a lawn service is something to be admired, but I can see alot of people thinking "Should I take a chance with this guy?" I'm not dogging it down, just trying to get you to see it how it may be perceived by potential customers.

Thank you for your insight. It is great to hear other people's opinions also.

The Cleaning Doctor 03-25-2013 03:45 PM

Hate the grass. Looks cheap and tacky.

Get rid of the verbs, they are not needed.

There is one exception....

Above the phone number, if it is a cell phone, put Call or Text. People are loving the ability to text instead of having to talk to someone.

You don't need email or visit as people already recognize those addresses.

I agree with getting rid of the student. Makes me think that you may not have as much time as you think or school may take away from you being able to complete the season. It also leads me to believe that you will be gone once you get your degree.

SECTLANDSCAPING 03-25-2013 04:30 PM

Put the number up. I need a truck and trailer to move a manufactured home. ;)

Its never a bad idea to list services. I hand people a card all the time and they say "ohh you do this too? I need a estimate on that.

The design is simple and clean. Those are good things. The grass could be better but its doable.

Greg's Lawn Care 03-25-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cleaning Doctor (Post 124217)
Hate the grass. Looks cheap and tacky.

Get rid of the verbs, they are not needed.

There is one exception....

Above the phone number, if it is a cell phone, put Call or Text. People are loving the ability to text instead of having to talk to someone.

You don't need email or visit as people already recognize those addresses.

I agree with getting rid of the student. Makes me think that you may not have as much time as you think or school may take away from you being able to complete the season. It also leads me to believe that you will be gone once you get your degree.

I will take your advice on the call or text, thanks. That is a good point, but this is more serving as a high school job and I am not sure if I will be able to carry it on to college.


Quote:

Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING (Post 124220)
Put the number up. I need a truck and trailer to move a manufactured home. ;)

Its never a bad idea to list services. I hand people a card all the time and they say "ohh you do this too? I need a estimate on that.

The design is simple and clean. Those are good things. The grass could be better but its doable.

Haha I can help you if you live in Texas! Thank you for the insight.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
Yesterday 06:12 PM
by rootytalbot
7 309
Hello!
brandycarlton
Yesterday 12:31 PM
Yesterday 03:54 PM
by Steve
1 106
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:25 PM
07-28-2015 09:24 PM
by Steve
2 214
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
07-28-2015 09:09 PM
by Steve
2 195
Funny craigslist post
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:17 PM
07-28-2015 09:02 PM
by Steve
2 201
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
07-28-2015 09:00 PM
by Steve
7 350
NewVenture
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:38 PM
07-28-2015 08:58 PM
by Steve
1 200
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
07-27-2015 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 723
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
07-27-2015 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,905
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
07-27-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 352
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
07-27-2015 11:27 AM
by googus
8 545
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
07-27-2015 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,388
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,382
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,440
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 292
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 408
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 314
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 332
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,706
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,659
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,463
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 339
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 287
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 456
another newish job for me
holymoly
06-07-2015 08:34 AM
07-03-2015 02:06 PM
by American L&T
9 2,460
Before & After tree...
COREtreeservice
07-01-2015 09:20 PM
07-01-2015 09:20 PM
by COREtreeservice
0 387
Ready to learn and get...
Koley Lawn & Landscape
06-28-2015 05:16 AM
07-01-2015 11:26 AM
by Steve
8 2,229
Three Stripe Land Care...
hammr04
06-30-2015 07:19 PM
07-01-2015 11:24 AM
by Steve
1 354
Country Life Lawn Care
darleneh
06-29-2015 11:24 AM
06-30-2015 01:25 PM
by Steve
3 2,065
Read more about these lawn care business marketing categories.
General Business:
GopherHaul, Podcast
How to Estimate - Services To Offer:
Aeration, Apartment / Condo, bed edging, Color Change Plantings, Dethatching, Edging, Fall Leaf Cleanups, Foreclosed Homes, Gutter Cleaning, Hardscaping, Hedge Trimming, Home Safety Inspection, Irrigation, Landscape Project, Lawn Mower Repair, Mowing, Mulch Jobs, Outdoor decoration, Parking Lot Cleanups, Pet Waste Removal, Pressure Washing, Property Management, Snow plowing, Stump Grinding, Tree Removal
How to Estimate Jobs:
Lawn Care Business:
Barter, Bikini Lawn Care, Business Failure, Business loan, Business Plan, Debt, Debt Collection, Estimate or Proposal Form, Franchise, Fuel surcharge, How to sell, Insurance, Job Tracking, Lawn Care Contract, Lawn Care Customer Survey, Lawn Care Uniform, Lawn Care Videos, Operational Costs, Overhead Costs, Prepay, Pricing, Start up, Tiger Time Lawn Care,
Lawn Care Business Books:
Lawn Care Customers:
Buying customers, Commercial Customers, Customer Retention, How to get, Residential Customers
Lawn Care Employees:
1 Man Lawn Crew, Bonus Pay, training, Your First Employee
lawn care equipment:
bed edger, Lawn Care Truck, Leaf Sweeper, Mower, New Arrival, Trailer, UltraVac
Lawn Care Marketing:
Billboard, Brochure, Business Card, Community Projects To Promote Your Business, Coupons, Cross Promotion / Synergy, Direct Mail, Door hanger, door to door, Free Giveaway Contest, Free Lawn Care Flyer Template, Gift or Discount Cards, home show, Internet, Lawn Care Business Sales Letter, Lawn Care Logo, Lawn Care Marketing, Lawn Care Truck & Trailer Signs, Lawn Care Website, Lawn Signs, Magazine Ad, Magnets, Mailing list, Marketing on Craigslist.com, Newspaper Ads, Parade, Postcards, publicity stunt, Referrals, Review My Lawn Care Marketing Material, t-shirt, Welcoming Kit, Word Of Mouth
Seasonal Promotion Ideas:
4th of July, Armed Forces Day, Christmas, Election Day, Fall, Halloween, Memorial Day, Spring, Summer, Valentine's Day, Veteran's Day, Winter:
Software:
Estimation Software, Landscaper Software, Landscaping Business Software, Landscaping Estimate Software, Landscaping Software, Lawn Care Business Software, Lawn Care Estimating Software, Lawn Care Software, Mowing Software
Uncategorized:
Video:
Website:
Search Engine Optimization
» Lawn Care Business Discussion Categories
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy