Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum

» Welcome to the Gopher Lawn Care Business Forum
GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum

GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum (http://www.gopherforum.com/forum-index.php)
-   Starting a lawn care business. (http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   HOA's (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=17501)

mike0507 10-12-2012 08:04 AM

HOA's
 
I know there are a few people here from Florida, but this can apply to all. Anyone know of a website where local HOA's have a listing of when they are going to be hiring or looking to hire a new company for lawn and property maintenance? I know most of them require bids, but wasn't sure if this was public knowledge? :confused:

Steve 10-12-2012 11:09 AM

I would think each of them probably does their own thing. Sure there might be a clearing house site that helps them get bids, but I don't know of one.

You can probably do a little research and find the different hoa's in your area. then find the contact person and see when they are putting their property up for bid.

JLM 10-12-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike0507 (Post 117172)
I know there are a few people here from Florida, but this can apply to all. Anyone know of a website where local HOA's have a listing of when they are going to be hiring or looking to hire a new company for lawn and property maintenance? I know most of them require bids, but wasn't sure if this was public knowledge? :confused:

Ill never tell:D

Sprinkler Buddy 10-12-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLM (Post 117209)
Ill never tell:D

That's not Nice! lol

JLM 10-12-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike0507 (Post 117172)
I know there are a few people here from Florida.

Sounds like we have a fellow CRACKER!

Dude just ask the guard at the gate who to speak with he will get you the info.

I have a large HOA and its a biaaatch. Equipment Manpower Gas $$$ BIG $$$$
Ain't no joke.

Well.... put on your big boy britches and get to work!

Good Luck!

Sprinkler Buddy 10-12-2012 09:04 PM

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Keep in mind, even if you get it, it will quickly be up again when the contract is up. No guarantees, if you'll get it the following bid.

mike0507 10-13-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy (Post 117212)
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Keep in mind, even if you get it, it will quickly be up again when the contract is up. No guarantees, if you'll get it the following bid.

Yea, very true. I guess it's almost like any account though. You never know when they are going to let you go and move on to the next guy.. But I will talk to the gate guards and look on the web and just see what I can find.

dpld 10-13-2012 08:17 AM

the only way to get a inside track on commercial accounts these days is to join the organizations they belong to and attend the monthly meetings religiously and get to know these people first and then they will start to work with you.

keep in mind that it can take several months for some of these relationships to materialize and membership to these groups can cost a couple thousand dollars a year.
bidding commercial work is not putting your eggs into one basket and the key is not to rest on your laurels and stop hunting for work as well as if you do a great job that will weigh heavily on their decision making because anyone can talk the talk but it all boils down to these people if you can walk the walk.

some organizations you can look into are listed below and you can go to each respective web site and explore membership costs because they vary greatly from state to state.
but once again they are only as good as your persistence to go to these meetings regularly and build relationships.

some organizations are,

BOMA: building owners managers association

IFMA: international facility managers association ( banks and hospitals )

CAI: community association institute ( HOA's )

ICSC: international council shopping centers

NAIOP: national association industrial office properties

NAA: national apartment association


i am a member of all these groups and it cost me about 7,000 a year to be part of it and the meetings do take up a lot of time but i also gross over a half a million a year and all i do is work for these groups and 7 grand is a drop in the bucket for what they bring in.

mike0507 10-13-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpld (Post 117222)
the only way to get a inside track on commercial accounts these days is to join the organizations they belong to and attend the monthly meetings religiously and get to know these people first and then they will start to work with you.

keep in mind that it can take several months for some of these relationships to materialize and membership to these groups can cost a couple thousand dollars a year.
bidding commercial work is not putting your eggs into one basket and the key is not to rest on your laurels and stop hunting for work as well as if you do a great job that will weigh heavily on their decision making because anyone can talk the talk but it all boils down to these people if you can walk the walk.

some organizations you can look into are listed below and you can go to each respective web site and explore membership costs because they vary greatly from state to state.
but once again they are only as good as your persistence to go to these meetings regularly and build relationships.

some organizations are,

BOMA: building owners managers association

IFMA: international facility managers association ( banks and hospitals )

CAI: community association institute ( HOA's )

ICSC: international council shopping centers

NAIOP: national association industrial office properties

NAA: national apartment association


i am a member of all these groups and it cost me about 7,000 a year to be part of it and the meetings do take up a lot of time but i also gross over a half a million a year and all i do is work for these groups and 7 grand is a drop in the bucket for what they bring in.

Awesome! This was exactly what Information I was looking for! Thanks :)

Steve 10-15-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

i am a member of all these groups and it cost me about 7,000 a year to be part of it and the meetings do take up a lot of time
For the start up lawn care business interested in joining such organizations, how can they utilize them and benefit from them? Would they get a list of other members so they could market to the members in their area? Or what's your suggestions on how to best utilize being a member of such groups?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Dane Scag
Steve
08-28-2015 12:29 PM
08-28-2015 12:29 PM
by Steve
0 56
24 and 50 acre cemetery...
grassmasterswilson
08-18-2015 10:09 AM
08-26-2015 02:42 PM
by Steve
13 482
Rookie business question...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-05-2015 05:20 PM
08-26-2015 02:33 PM
by Steve
3 372
How to clean an old...
rmccutchan
08-16-2015 05:23 PM
08-26-2015 02:31 PM
by Steve
9 375
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
08-26-2015 12:25 PM
by kslawn
19 3,688
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-25-2015 11:31 AM
by acrajchel
9 2,441
Big mowing job
Bradcook21
07-30-2015 03:57 PM
08-25-2015 11:23 AM
by acrajchel
17 949
ZTR Review
Shark1611
05-31-2012 10:42 PM
08-25-2015 11:16 AM
by acrajchel
8 3,723
Hi Everyone
mmays29
08-25-2015 08:16 AM
08-25-2015 11:15 AM
by Steve
3 99
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
08-25-2015 11:08 AM
by acrajchel
11 1,142
Old Business New Owner
Toyman
06-17-2014 08:57 PM
08-25-2015 11:00 AM
by acrajchel
17 1,550
Hi everyone! We're new...
alltrades
08-22-2015 12:46 PM
08-24-2015 10:41 AM
by Steve
2 149
CAn I get some help with...
rootytalbot
08-11-2015 06:14 PM
08-24-2015 10:36 AM
by Steve
12 473
Hi
Wemowjunction
08-16-2015 08:45 PM
08-20-2015 01:46 PM
by Steve
11 374
Drive cable bad?
SGL1
08-10-2015 11:16 PM
08-20-2015 01:41 PM
by Steve
5 338
Hey there everyone
Cole8999
08-16-2015 04:42 PM
08-18-2015 04:35 PM
by Steve
3 231
Help with a truck
bdodson89
04-27-2015 08:15 PM
08-18-2015 11:47 AM
by rmccutchan
7 942
I need some aeration...
rootytalbot
08-14-2015 12:32 PM
08-18-2015 07:59 AM
by rootytalbot
7 359
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
08-17-2015 04:34 PM
by Steve
1,229 405,864
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
08-16-2015 11:42 PM
by rmccutchan
3 571
What's your next...
Steve
05-15-2015 11:54 AM
08-16-2015 11:09 PM
by SC93
16 1,210
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
08-14-2015 11:08 PM
by scaypa
95 11,401
New Biz
kufnerins
08-14-2015 05:52 PM
08-14-2015 08:56 PM
by Steve
1 198
Chemical and Fertilizer...
rmccutchan
08-09-2015 10:36 PM
08-13-2015 11:11 PM
by rmccutchan
6 379
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
08-13-2015 02:10 PM
by rootytalbot
12 2,045
Hello all thinking about...
bernie
08-11-2015 04:28 PM
08-13-2015 10:33 AM
by Steve
8 345
Logo Help Font Color
LZLC
08-08-2015 09:26 PM
08-12-2015 03:50 PM
by Steve
4 323
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
08-12-2015 12:30 AM
by Jeff1
20 1,774
My new mower
Chilehead
08-08-2015 09:09 PM
08-11-2015 08:36 PM
by Chilehead
9 486
Thought this was a good...
Just for Cuts
08-06-2015 03:38 PM
08-11-2015 10:54 AM
by Steve
8 487
Plowing pricing
jcurr33
08-08-2015 04:58 PM
08-11-2015 10:51 AM
by Steve
6 448
Should I upgrade my back...
googus
08-07-2015 10:50 AM
08-11-2015 10:44 AM
by googus
7 410
Keeping it clean....
Wolf4dk
08-09-2015 11:31 PM
08-11-2015 06:34 AM
by Chilehead
7 339
I have been rude and...
biglee
06-15-2015 10:11 PM
08-10-2015 09:41 PM
by stallman419
12 2,720
Newbie Saying Hi.
LZLC
08-08-2015 09:22 PM
08-10-2015 11:20 AM
by Steve
1 240
How much do I charge to...
Chris Herrera
08-06-2015 09:30 PM
08-09-2015 11:31 AM
by biglee
2 376
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
08-07-2015 03:26 PM
by Steve
17 1,107
Best commercial contract...
sanlanct
08-04-2015 12:18 PM
08-06-2015 06:20 AM
by sanlanct
2 374
I came across this on a...
rootytalbot
08-02-2015 11:04 AM
08-05-2015 08:17 PM
by SC93
9 612
Help bidding a hedge...
hopolb33
08-02-2015 06:09 PM
08-05-2015 02:07 PM
by Steve
3 411
recycler toro 22"
rvezakis
08-03-2015 12:10 PM
08-04-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 293
Hello Everybody
budspop
07-30-2015 11:42 AM
07-31-2015 12:28 PM
by Steve
1 285
Read more about these lawn care business marketing categories.
General Business:
GopherHaul, Podcast
How to Estimate - Services To Offer:
Aeration, Apartment / Condo, bed edging, Color Change Plantings, Dethatching, Edging, Fall Leaf Cleanups, Foreclosed Homes, Gutter Cleaning, Hardscaping, Hedge Trimming, Home Safety Inspection, Irrigation, Landscape Project, Lawn Mower Repair, Mowing, Mulch Jobs, Outdoor decoration, Parking Lot Cleanups, Pet Waste Removal, Pressure Washing, Property Management, Snow plowing, Stump Grinding, Tree Removal
How to Estimate Jobs:
Lawn Care Business:
Barter, Bikini Lawn Care, Business Failure, Business loan, Business Plan, Debt, Debt Collection, Estimate or Proposal Form, Franchise, Fuel surcharge, How to sell, Insurance, Job Tracking, Lawn Care Contract, Lawn Care Customer Survey, Lawn Care Uniform, Lawn Care Videos, Operational Costs, Overhead Costs, Prepay, Pricing, Start up, Tiger Time Lawn Care,
Lawn Care Business Books:
Lawn Care Customers:
Buying customers, Commercial Customers, Customer Retention, How to get, Residential Customers
Lawn Care Employees:
1 Man Lawn Crew, Bonus Pay, training, Your First Employee
lawn care equipment:
bed edger, Lawn Care Truck, Leaf Sweeper, Mower, New Arrival, Trailer, UltraVac
Lawn Care Marketing:
Billboard, Brochure, Business Card, Community Projects To Promote Your Business, Coupons, Cross Promotion / Synergy, Direct Mail, Door hanger, door to door, Free Giveaway Contest, Free Lawn Care Flyer Template, Gift or Discount Cards, home show, Internet, Lawn Care Business Sales Letter, Lawn Care Logo, Lawn Care Marketing, Lawn Care Truck & Trailer Signs, Lawn Care Website, Lawn Signs, Magazine Ad, Magnets, Mailing list, Marketing on Craigslist.com, Newspaper Ads, Parade, Postcards, publicity stunt, Referrals, Review My Lawn Care Marketing Material, t-shirt, Welcoming Kit, Word Of Mouth
Seasonal Promotion Ideas:
4th of July, Armed Forces Day, Christmas, Election Day, Fall, Halloween, Memorial Day, Spring, Summer, Valentine's Day, Veteran's Day, Winter:
Software:
Estimation Software, Landscaper Software, Landscaping Business Software, Landscaping Estimate Software, Landscaping Software, Lawn Care Business Software, Lawn Care Estimating Software, Lawn Care Software, Mowing Software
Uncategorized:
Video:
Website:
Search Engine Optimization
» Lawn Care Business Discussion Categories
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy