Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum

» Welcome to the Gopher Lawn Care Business Forum
GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum

GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum (http://www.gopherforum.com/forum-index.php)
-   Health, Safety and Accident Issues. (http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Mans 6 yr old son pulled into woodchipper (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=16233)

SECTLANDSCAPING 04-11-2012 07:17 PM

Mans 6 yr old son pulled into woodchipper
 
Salem plans special fund, candlelight vigil for 6-year-old victim of tragic accident

By Jeffrey A. Johnson
http://www.theday.com/article/201204...120419884/1018
Publication: theday.com
Published 04/11/2012 12:00 AM
Updated 04/11/2012 06:24 PM

Salem - The town has started a special fund at the Chelsea Groton Bank at Salem Four Corners called the "Bourgeois Family Fund" for the family of the six-year-old boy who died Tuesday when he was pulled in by a commercial-size wood chipper.

People can make donations only at that Chelsea branch or by dropping off or mailing donations to the Town Hall.

First Selectman Kevin Lyden also said this afternoon that the town is planning a candlelight vigil for 7:45 p.m. Thursday night on the Town Green, located near the town offices and the Congregational Church of Salem on Hartford Road.

Jeffrey Bourgeois was the victim of the tragic accident while with his father, Scott, at a work site at 24 Brookside Drive. Scott Bourgeois and his wife, Corinne, own C&S Tree Removal.

Lyden, who visited the Bourgeois home early today with his wife, Kathleen, and son, Charlie, said that numerous people in town have contacted him looking for a way to help the family. One elderly woman stopped by the Town Hall today with tears in her eyes to deliver a donation, Lyden said.

"There's no magic answer to get through all of this," Lyden said. "It's a process with a million steps."

Margaret Caron, the president of the Parent Teacher Organization and a Board of Education member, also said there has been an outpouring of support for the Bourgeois family. Caron said her son, Ben, is best friends with Zacary Bourgeois, the older brother of Jeffrey.

"The pain we are experiencing as a community is profound," Caron said. "As the days pass we will help each other heal and we will take solace in the fact that we were fortunate to know Jeff during his brief time here with us. Our hearts are with Scott, Corey, Nicole and Zach."

Cashin H&P 04-11-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING (Post 106129)
Salem plans special fund, candlelight vigil for 6-year-old victim of tragic accident

By Jeffrey A. Johnson
http://www.theday.com/article/201204...120419884/1018
Publication: theday.com
Published 04/11/2012 12:00 AM
Updated 04/11/2012 06:24 PM

Salem - The town has started a special fund at the Chelsea Groton Bank at Salem Four Corners called the "Bourgeois Family Fund" for the family of the six-year-old boy who died Tuesday when he was pulled in by a commercial-size wood chipper.

People can make donations only at that Chelsea branch or by dropping off or mailing donations to the Town Hall.

First Selectman Kevin Lyden also said this afternoon that the town is planning a candlelight vigil for 7:45 p.m. Thursday night on the Town Green, located near the town offices and the Congregational Church of Salem on Hartford Road.

Jeffrey Bourgeois was the victim of the tragic accident while with his father, Scott, at a work site at 24 Brookside Drive. Scott Bourgeois and his wife, Corinne, own C&S Tree Removal.

Lyden, who visited the Bourgeois home early today with his wife, Kathleen, and son, Charlie, said that numerous people in town have contacted him looking for a way to help the family. One elderly woman stopped by the Town Hall today with tears in her eyes to deliver a donation, Lyden said.

"There's no magic answer to get through all of this," Lyden said. "It's a process with a million steps."

Margaret Caron, the president of the Parent Teacher Organization and a Board of Education member, also said there has been an outpouring of support for the Bourgeois family. Caron said her son, Ben, is best friends with Zacary Bourgeois, the older brother of Jeffrey.

"The pain we are experiencing as a community is profound," Caron said. "As the days pass we will help each other heal and we will take solace in the fact that we were fortunate to know Jeff during his brief time here with us. Our hearts are with Scott, Corey, Nicole and Zach."

This is really is a terrible accident. I feel so sorry for that family. However who brings a 6 year old to a job site like that.

CS-LawnService 04-12-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashin home and property (Post 106140)
This is really is a terrible accident. I feel so sorry for that family. However who brings a 6 year old to a job site like that.

I agree and who does not watch a 6 year old when they are around dangerous equipments.
I think the parents should be charged for child endangerment ,as parents we have a responsibility for our children and this parent failed in that responsibility

SECTLANDSCAPING 04-12-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS-LawnService (Post 106157)
I agree and who does not watch a 6 year old when they are around dangerous equipments.
I think the parents should be charged for child endangerment ,as parents we have a responsibility for our children and this parent failed in that responsibility

This is what surprised me. The parents are getting sympathy for this accident instead of criticism. Theres a lot of people who get charged with risk of injury to a minor for petty things. This type of equipment is dangerous for even adults. Theres definitely negligence here.

On the other side I couldnt imagine this happening to me. I dont know how I could ever go back to work afterwards.

Apex Lawn & Landscape 04-12-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING (Post 106174)
This is what surprised me. The parents are getting sympathy for this accident instead of criticism. Theres a lot of people who get charged with risk of injury to a minor for petty things. This type of equipment is dangerous for even adults. Theres definitely negligence here.

On the other side I couldnt imagine this happening to me. I dont know how I could ever go back to work afterwards.

This just pisses me off...I agree with the criticism comment..they in no way should be getting sympathy. How can a parent be so negligent !!! ? If my kid were to step near my machine I would stop instantly what I'm doing and tell them to leave now! I couldn't imagine going back to work either, honestly think I'd give up on everything . I get the chills just thinking of this scenario.

CS-LawnService 04-12-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape (Post 106178)
This just pisses me off...I agree with the criticism comment..they in no way should be getting sympathy. How can a parent be so negligent !!! ? If my kid were to step near my machine I would stop instantly what I'm doing and tell them to leave now! I couldn't imagine going back to work either, honestly think I'd give up on everything . I get the chills just thinking of this scenario.

They may not have a choice about going back to work ,it was a death on a job site that means OSHA investigation .I can only imagine the fines the owner will face.

CHEESE2009 04-12-2012 03:23 PM

I was feeling chipper until I read this.

PineHillLawn 04-12-2012 04:34 PM

Yeah this is horrble its happened but the chance should have been taken out of the equasion. You never, never, never let a small kid near anything like this. They don't understand how dangerous stuff like this is and can get hurt from just intrigue. I feel bad someone lost a child this way but come on, use common sense. I won't mow or weedeat my yard if I see my 3 yr old outside playing anywhere close. If it hurts when I get hit with a rock or twig, it's sure to hurt my little girl. I can wait or she can go inside.

JesseN 05-05-2012 10:36 AM

Jesus, I can't imagine witnessing your kid getting wood chipped

dpld 07-09-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING (Post 106174)
This is what surprised me. The parents are getting sympathy for this accident instead of criticism. Theres a lot of people who get charged with risk of injury to a minor for petty things. This type of equipment is dangerous for even adults. Theres definitely negligence here.

On the other side I couldnt imagine this happening to me. I dont know how I could ever go back to work afterwards.

i feel for the family and even though i would have to say they put the child in that position, they have to live with that the rest of their lives.

i want my kids to grow up and get a education so they don't have to do what i do for a living but at the same time when they are old enough i want them to experience what i do so they not only know what it is like to work for a living but maybe inspire them to stay in school and get the education they need.
but with that said i would never bring my kids around any equipment especially at age 6 with a wood chipper.
i have heard dozens of stories over the years about experienced adults getting devoured by wood chippers and just the thought of that alone i would not let a child be around one when it was off much less working.

i am a little shocked how there is no talk of why the child was even near the machine as well as what were the parents thinking.
people have dyfus called on them for bringing their kids to school late and get charged for child neglect.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
How do I approach...
Bradcook21
08-21-2014 01:48 AM
Yesterday 06:52 PM
by jrs.landscaping
9 187
Grass hopper mower
ExtremeLawncareServices
12-05-2013 08:51 AM
Yesterday 01:26 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
25 3,577
Need help pricing basic...
Bradcook21
Yesterday 01:21 AM
Yesterday 01:05 PM
by Steve
2 78
Yearly contract Pricing
jrob0691
08-21-2014 08:57 AM
Yesterday 01:01 PM
by Steve
6 140
yearly contract help...
jrob0691
08-21-2014 04:09 PM
Yesterday 12:48 PM
by Steve
1 45
Exmark Lazer Z S-Series...
BLC7
Yesterday 10:18 AM
Yesterday 10:18 AM
by BLC7
0 49
Pampas bushes
Bradcook21
Yesterday 01:30 AM
Yesterday 07:17 AM
by grassdoctore
1 45
2014 Gie-expo
ExtremeLawncareServices
08-19-2014 11:22 PM
08-21-2014 08:50 PM
by phlawncare
2 89
Fuel Can Spouts
Shark1611
08-16-2014 09:09 AM
08-21-2014 08:23 PM
by SGL1
11 287
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
08-21-2014 05:03 PM
by stevef1201
6 577
Softball field
kslawn
08-15-2014 09:28 AM
08-21-2014 01:43 PM
by Steve
9 279
Hello
M2Dave
08-21-2014 12:32 AM
08-21-2014 01:38 PM
by Steve
1 50
New Landscaping Business
rekon32
08-16-2014 02:26 PM
08-21-2014 12:33 PM
by SouthallMowing
8 333
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
08-20-2014 04:09 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
100 6,049
Downed Tree Chop Bid
WesleySnips
08-16-2014 03:47 PM
08-20-2014 01:44 PM
by SGL1
10 331
60 inch honda/bunton...
pblawncare
08-17-2014 11:30 AM
08-18-2014 03:19 PM
by Steve
2 115
Replacement Parts -...
nicholas-KC
08-16-2014 08:40 AM
08-18-2014 03:16 PM
by Steve
4 183
Preparing the soil
Billy Goat
08-16-2014 06:18 PM
08-18-2014 03:01 PM
by Steve
1 115
What to pay help
phlawncare
08-04-2014 08:33 PM
08-18-2014 10:33 AM
by jrs.landscaping
29 898
Hello
Jeff1
08-07-2014 11:18 PM
08-15-2014 11:53 PM
by Jeff1
11 411
Lie #2 RESIDENTIAL...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-06-2014 05:02 AM
08-15-2014 01:46 PM
by mattthelawnguy
54 6,398
Need help 30 HP koler...
Shady Grady
08-01-2014 03:31 PM
08-15-2014 08:46 AM
by kslawn
18 589
New Boomless Sprayer!
BlackRain75
01-03-2014 01:01 PM
08-14-2014 02:37 AM
by BlackRain75
12 1,760
Stihl engine isn't...
Marcintosh
08-12-2014 08:30 PM
08-13-2014 03:34 PM
by Steve
3 168
first year update
cmdlawncare
08-12-2014 05:41 PM
08-13-2014 03:29 PM
by Steve
1 215
Hello from Jacksonville,...
JM Lawn Care
08-10-2014 07:15 AM
08-13-2014 07:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
9 315
Hello everyone new to...
maddyandrays
08-11-2014 04:51 PM
08-12-2014 08:58 PM
by Shark1611
2 169
Walk behinds
hpruitcei
08-07-2014 06:28 PM
08-12-2014 02:35 PM
by mattthelawnguy
7 427
New name help
stevef1201
08-10-2014 04:27 PM
08-12-2014 12:03 PM
by Steve
6 298
my little green dilemmas
Lawn Techie
08-03-2014 11:47 AM
08-11-2014 01:20 PM
by Steve
7 411
what the best...
CleanCutsLLC
08-02-2014 01:02 AM
08-11-2014 01:16 PM
by Steve
6 424
Texas lawn care company...
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:29 AM
08-11-2014 01:19 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
13 701
Covering all the bases
janslawncare
08-08-2014 10:11 AM
08-08-2014 01:41 PM
by Steve
1 246
New from Florida
ADE
08-06-2014 08:40 PM
08-08-2014 01:32 PM
by Steve
4 325
JOB - Landscape Install...
janslawncare
08-08-2014 10:06 AM
08-08-2014 10:06 AM
by janslawncare
0 213
Battery power tools or...
Steve
08-07-2014 12:24 PM
08-07-2014 05:18 PM
by mattthelawnguy
2 216
My client just told me...
Greg'slawnandlandscape
08-04-2014 08:39 AM
08-06-2014 11:14 PM
by grassdoctore
12 549
Illegal spraying
GoGreenerKS
07-04-2014 09:11 AM
08-06-2014 02:03 PM
by Steve
13 1,172
Mowing the hills
prmenter@gmail.com
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
08-06-2014 01:40 PM
by Steve
20 1,393
Crop Rotation Techniques...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:47 PM
08-06-2014 10:29 AM
by eastsidelandcare
5 598
Got my first lawn job...
SGL1
06-11-2014 09:19 PM
08-05-2014 07:12 PM
by TheBeast
30 2,013
Late charge
Simon Abousaada
07-30-2014 07:23 PM
08-05-2014 06:46 PM
by TheBeast
12 797
buy out a lawn care...
rvezakis
08-05-2014 01:38 PM
08-05-2014 06:40 PM
by TheBeast
10 518
Please help
unitedlawncare48867
03-26-2014 08:29 PM
08-05-2014 05:27 PM
by TheBeast
27 1,591
Help with Estimate
donslawns
08-02-2014 09:10 AM
08-05-2014 02:24 PM
by Steve
6 461
Stuck again!!!!
Greg'slawnandlandscape
08-01-2014 11:02 PM
08-05-2014 09:05 AM
by Greg'slawnandlandscape
10 465
Mow and leaf cleanup bid
SGL1
07-29-2014 07:28 PM
08-05-2014 07:22 AM
by petscanning
25 981
Building credit
Matther777
07-27-2014 05:20 PM
08-04-2014 06:53 PM
by kslawn
17 764
Lowballers scrubs &...
Darksteel
01-13-2014 07:35 AM
08-04-2014 01:09 PM
by Steve
48 5,830
long time no see
Tuscan Gardens
08-02-2014 03:21 PM
08-04-2014 12:04 PM
by Steve
1 291
Read more about these lawn care business marketing categories.
General Business:
GopherHaul, Podcast
How to Estimate - Services To Offer:
Aeration, Apartment / Condo, bed edging, Color Change Plantings, Dethatching, Edging, Fall Leaf Cleanups, Foreclosed Homes, Gutter Cleaning, Hardscaping, Hedge Trimming, Home Safety Inspection, Irrigation, Landscape Project, Lawn Mower Repair, Mowing, Mulch Jobs, Outdoor decoration, Parking Lot Cleanups, Pet Waste Removal, Pressure Washing, Property Management, Snow plowing, Stump Grinding, Tree Removal
How to Estimate Jobs:
Lawn Care Business:
Barter, Bikini Lawn Care, Business Failure, Business loan, Business Plan, Debt, Debt Collection, Estimate or Proposal Form, Franchise, Fuel surcharge, How to sell, Insurance, Job Tracking, Lawn Care Contract, Lawn Care Customer Survey, Lawn Care Uniform, Lawn Care Videos, Operational Costs, Overhead Costs, Prepay, Pricing, Start up, Tiger Time Lawn Care,
Lawn Care Business Books:
Lawn Care Customers:
Buying customers, Commercial Customers, Customer Retention, How to get, Residential Customers
Lawn Care Employees:
1 Man Lawn Crew, Bonus Pay, training, Your First Employee
lawn care equipment:
bed edger, Lawn Care Truck, Leaf Sweeper, Mower, New Arrival, Trailer, UltraVac
Lawn Care Marketing:
Billboard, Brochure, Business Card, Community Projects To Promote Your Business, Coupons, Cross Promotion / Synergy, Direct Mail, Door hanger, door to door, Free Giveaway Contest, Free Lawn Care Flyer Template, Gift or Discount Cards, home show, Internet, Lawn Care Business Sales Letter, Lawn Care Logo, Lawn Care Marketing, Lawn Care Truck & Trailer Signs, Lawn Care Website, Lawn Signs, Magazine Ad, Magnets, Mailing list, Marketing on Craigslist.com, Newspaper Ads, Parade, Postcards, publicity stunt, Referrals, Review My Lawn Care Marketing Material, t-shirt, Welcoming Kit, Word Of Mouth
Seasonal Promotion Ideas:
4th of July, Armed Forces Day, Christmas, Election Day, Fall, Halloween, Memorial Day, Spring, Summer, Valentine's Day, Veteran's Day, Winter:
Software:
Estimation Software, Landscaper Software, Landscaping Business Software, Landscaping Estimate Software, Landscaping Software, Lawn Care Business Software, Lawn Care Estimating Software, Lawn Care Software, Mowing Software
Uncategorized:
Video:
Website:
Search Engine Optimization
» Lawn Care Business Discussion Categories
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy