X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTBE is also very controversial & alarming additive. I perfer neither

Comment

Biggest fleecing? Wait for Cap and Trade

Ethanol in my opinion is the biggest fleecing of the American bread n butter earner/tax payer in the history of this country...
      We have it in Iowa and go out of my way not to buy it. Proven poor performer!

If ethanol has commercial merit, it doesn't need the subsidy. If it doesn't, no amount of subsidy will bestow it. And that's the truth.
      Even the GAO (Government Accounting Office) predicts that Cap and Trade will raise costs by $65 per week for every American Family. If it uses any form of energy it will cost you more. Manufacturing (I'm using as an example) like all other industries will pay more for raw materials (it takes energy to get then, having the raw materials shipped to them, Manufacturing their products (energy intensive), packaging the products (they too must be packaged, and then again to ship out their products. At least 6 price increases before the product is shipped to where you will purchase it (at an inflated cost).

Where are you going to come up with that extra $65.00 a week?

Steve

Comment

So true Steve.. I only see a fraction of the transportation handling of Corn base Ethanol right here in Iowa. Make me wonder how the hell it's feasable! But it's good for jobs here in Iowa! Hop on the bandwagon politics as usual.... tag on the subsidy to corn farmers to grow it ..MILLLIONS ..along with the continued taxpayer gifts provided by those gift horses we elect to the processors "POET" for R&D which is probably dulicated from research of other countries.

If the Obama Demo experiment is left unquestioned by the media they will bancrupt this country in his 1 term.

The citizens of this country have to much to loose with this whole economic experiment of economic equality for all

As wisely as forum memeber majoe7 said If we care...speak out .
        Last edited by lawncrafter56; 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

This is just part of the GHW

So true Steve.. I only see a fraction of the transportation handling of Corn base Ethanol right here in Iowa. Make me wonder how the hell it's feasable! But it's good for jobs here in Iowa! Hop on the bandwagon politics as usual.... tag on the subsidy to corn farmers to grow it ..MILLLIONS ..along with the continued taxpayer gifts provided by those gift horses we elect to the processors "POET" for R&D which is probably dulicated from research of other countries.

If the Obama Demo experiment is left unquestioned by the media they will bancrupt this country in his 1 term.

The citizens of this country have to much to loose with this whole economic experiment of economic equality for all

As wisely as forum memeber majoe7 said If we care...speak out .
          Global Warming Histeria GWH)

Did you know that China and India are building a coal powered energy plant every 3 days? Why, they want the manufacturing jobs to all go there. Manufacturing is what made America great. Global warming histeria is outsorcing (a dirty work in the Obama government) all manufacturing jobs to India and China. Taxpayer funded government jobs can't continue if only the service sector jobs are left.

Find out the true costs of GWH. Go to http://www.noteviljustwrong.com/

Do your thing! Let Washington know their party is over!

Steve

Comment

Well, let me tell you, I could not care less about "going green" etc.... I think I spoke my mind pretty well about that in the past. To see how I really feel about emissions and Al Gore's bologna, see my post here. I think that is what killed that thread!

I think anyone with half a mind and who pays any attention to whats going on around them will know Al Gore is a media WHORE.... I can't stand the sight of his face. He is such a liar. What most people don't know is that Al gore uses more propane to heat his mansion in ONE MONTH than the average American FAMILY does in an ENTIRE YEAR! Than you figure in all his airplane use, being driven around in big vehicles, etc... It really is an "inconvenient truth" for him.

When it comes to the whole corn/ethanol thing, let me mention that the only good thing for the farmers is that they sell more corn. Maybe. The only person really making out on this is the owners of the Ethanol plants. It did bring in some more jobs. But at what cost? It makes NO sense to support ethanol when you look at the big picture. I personally believe we need to fire the people who voted this stuff in and vote us in some new people. Perhaps some Constitution party people. Someone who remembers that they are supposed to represent us and someone who is willing to stand on the Constitution. It's there for a reason afterall...

I watched a video on Youtube sometime ago and the guy was talking about the "non-representing representatives"..... Truer words have never been spoken.

Let me tell you, from a mechanic's perspective, let me tell you, ethanol is a HORRIBLE thing..... I am still reeling from some of the info I recently learned. And the people who are behind Ethanol knew this information without a doubt before they brought it out...... These people have only one thing in mind, lining their pockets with your and my money....

Comment

Vote - get involved

I personally believe we need to fire the people who voted this stuff in and vote us in some new people. Perhaps some Constitution party people. Someone who remembers that they are supposed to represent us and someone who is willing to stand on the Constitution. It's there for a reason afterall...
              While at the local farmer's market Friday I overheard heard some people talking about the American Party. One that has representatives that actually read bills they are voting on. One that demands only role call votes so the people being represented know exactly how their representative voted. A party that would change the Constitution the only by Amendments to it. The legal way!

Party affiliation is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. If your party doesn't represent you find a candidate that will. If you are a "registered" whatever (Dem, Rep, Ind.) vote for the candidate that has voted the way you would have. The only way Washington will get the message is through the voting box.

Remember, a no vote is a vote for what you don't want! Investigate, question, VOTE!

Steve

Comment

I was unable to upload the pdf documents but here is the link to it. Please read it and see for yourself what we as a nation have done and how far we have come. I know this does not have anything directly to do with Ethanol, but check it out anyway....

Steve I am not familiar at all with the American Party. Matter of fact, I never heard of them until you mentioned them. I personally really like the Constitution party. They really do stand on their name. The Constitution. The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights are the basis for their platform.

They seek to eliminate congressional pensions. They support legislation to prohibit the attachment of unrelated riders to bills. Any amendments must fit within the scope and object of the original bill. They essentially oppose Presidential Executive Orders. Their entire platform, including the above mentioned issues, are based on The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights. What more can you ask for.

Their platform is far more detailed than the American Party's is. Here is a link to the Constitution Party's platform info: http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php

I would have to do some research to prove this one way or the other but I know that the Constitution Party opposes the 17 amendment stating that it is not constitutional.... Like said, without researching it and ind out what they are talking about etc I can not take a position on that.

Comment

Ok, I found the violation. It is in Article 1, section 3 of the constitution...

The difference is here:

Constitution Article 1, section 3:
                  The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.
                  VS.

17 Amendment:
                  The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

Comment

Steve I am not familiar at all with the American Party. Matter of fact, I never heard of them until you mentioned them. I personally really like the Constitution party. They really do stand on their name. The Constitution. The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights are the basis for their platform.

They seek to eliminate congressional pensions. They support legislation to prohibit the attachment of unrelated riders to bills. Any amendments must fit within the scope and object of the original bill. They essentially oppose Presidential Executive Orders. Their entire platform, including the above mentioned issues, are based on The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights. What more can you ask for.

Their platform is far more detailed than the American Party's is. Here is a link to the Constitution Party's platform info: http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php

Wow!

A lot to digest! Definitely not in the best interest of today's politicians. I foresee great opposition to this party by the powers that be.

I do however, view it as a great starting point for judging all candidates. How does their record and rederick jive with the Constitution Party views.

I still feel that everyone should vote on how they are and should be represented. As I said earlier, if you chose not to vote, you are actually voting for what you don't want. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain. You have to be an informed voter!

Steve

Comment

Wow!

A lot to digest! Definitely not in the best interest of today's politicians. I foresee great opposition to this party by the powers that be.

I do however, view it as a great starting point for judging all candidates. How does their record and rederick jive with the Constitution Party views.

I still feel that everyone should vote on how they are and should be represented. As I said earlier, if you chose not to vote, you are actually voting for what you don't want. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain. You have to be an informed voter!

Steve
                      Agreed, Vote, or forever hold your peace for the damage that was/is being done by the evil ones who are voted in. Find a good candidate, vote for them, and campaign for them.

It is never good enough to not vote for someone because you don't think they have a flying chance. If you vote for someone you don't believe in then you are voting for the enemy. Example, if you believed in Chuck Baldwin (presidential candidate during this last election) but you believed he did not have a chance to get elected, so you voted for EITHER McCain or Obama, then you voted against Baldwin. It was not alone that you voted for one of the others, but you really voted AGAINST Baldwin.

Let me just ask, can you imagine the result of having Baldwin in as a president with the current congress? Either way, he would not be able to do much good because the other 2 parties would stick together to override his vetoes (and we know there would be plenty vetoes). I believe we need to really work on getting third party candidates into office on the local and state level to where people start seeing the good effects of that. Get the people to believe in the parties and the strengths of third parties.....

BTW guys, did you read the "not yours to give" flier on the Constitution party's website?

Once you read and appreciate that, you will understand the trouble we are in as a nation...

-Eli

Comment

Working...
                      X