26 HP Briggs \ Scag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 HP Briggs \ Scag

looking at a scag tiger cub 48'' deck with 26hp briggs motor , any advise on this before i buy.

How many hours on it? What kind of price are they looking for?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

new 6300,00 .

Comment

Scag is a good mower. Do you know if it is a Briggs Vanguard or Briggs Intek engine? The vanguards are much better quality. If yoiu have options for Honda, Kawasaki, or Kohler, I would definitely check them out. Kawasaki probably being the preferential.

BTW, where are you located?

Comment

spec.'s (STC48V-26BS** *** 48" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Briggs & Stratton ELS air-cooled engine )

Comment

okay let me ask a diffrent way.
            > New Scag 48'' cut with 26hp briggs 6300.00
            > Used Toro 48'' cut with 19hpkawasaki 140hrs. 4500.00
            > Used Toro 52'' cut with 27kohler 650hrs. 4500.00

Comment

okay let me ask a diffrent way.
              > New Scag 48'' cut with 26hp briggs 6300.00
              > Used Toro 48'' cut with 19hpkawasaki 140hrs. 4500.00
              > Used Toro 52'' cut with 27kohler 650hrs. 4500.00
              if money is not an object, I would go in that exact order. The 52" is over priced in my opinion. Sure, it has a much bigger motor, but has a lot of hours. Sure it should last another several years, but not as long as the Kawasaki. The Scag for less than $2000 more is, in my opinion, the best deal. Have you checked to see if the Scag price is the lowest they will go? The problem I have with the 48" Toro is the small motor relative to the deck when compared to the others. But a Kawasaki is a heck of a motor.

Good luck,
              Eli

Comment

Eli,
                I have 2 machines, A 52" Yazoo kees with a 23hp kohler
                & a 48" wright sentar sport with a 19hp Kaw.

The sentar is actually faster! both ground speed & blade tip speed.
                I know that kawasaki makes a great engine but I think it may aslo have a good deal to do with how the mower is set up, pully sizes essentially can change the "gearing" & thus effect rpms at the spindles.

Speaking of which, Eli, do you have a book of some kind (like a blue book) for used mower values? Could you let me know what the Yazoo is worth? as I am contemplating putting it up for sale. Bought new in 07' now has about 800hours on it, No rips, tears, dents, etc. Normal wear, paint scratches etc. I addded the mulch kit, I still have the discharge shute & ROPS though I removed them just after purchase. I have maintained this thing religiously & have always changed oil every 50 hours running mobil 1 full synthetics in it.
                Rear tires are about at the 1/2 worn point, fronts are new & I upgraded to solid rubber front tires to avoid all the tire plugs I was having to put in the old ones. Runs great & I am still using this machine to make money everyday.

Thanks man! Sorry to be so long winded.
                Here's a couple pics of my 2 machines.
                Attached Files

Comment

Eli,
                  I think this one slipped through the cracks. I was hoping you might be able to give me some insite about the value of this machine?
                  Thanks man!

Comment

Eli,
                    I think this one slipped through the cracks. I was hoping you might be able to give me some insite about the value of this machine?
                    Thanks man!
                    Chuck,

Sorry man. yes I did forget. At the moment I do not have a blue book. I have considered buying one but have not done so yet. They cost only about $70-$80!!!! How soon are you looking to sell? I may be able to find someone else that has one (not sure).

Again, Sorry for not getting back to you sooner,
                    Eli

Comment

go with the Scag

Scag man all the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X