No announcement yet.

What hedge trimmer to buy??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANY OPINIONS ON HUSQVARNA HEDGE TRIMMERS??
    My hedge trimmer is Husqvarna, and hasnt given me any trouble at all.
    Northern California

Comment

Second Echo

Though I'm not a big echo fan for various reasons, I happen to use those HC1500s with the 20 or 24" bar, and I do indeed love them. I have only nicked my leg once in 15 years and it just gave me a blood blister. For some reason, I didn't do it again!!!

I also like Echo's split shaft system with which you can get a hedge trimmer attachment, chain saw, cultivator, weed wacker and now a 2 foot extension. Good stuff.
      Kenneth LaVoie III
      LaVoie's Landscape Mgmt. Inc.- Winslow, Maine

Comment

I found out today that you can special order Echo at the Home Depot. I noticed a lot of the tools they supplied in the tool rental department are available on special order.

Also, I found a major flaw in the Echo pole hedge trimmer I was using (it was a split shaft model). When I was switching sides across my body, I brushed the base of the engine along my leg (I wasn't actually touching the spark plug at all) and holding the shaft on one of the metal areas. I received a significant electrical shock on both my thigh and my hand as I created some sort of electrical bridge along the trimmer. My theory is that there was something shorting out inside the engine housing, but whatever it was, it gave me a significant jolt. I needed to finish the job I was at, so I tried to be careful and it did it again later when I brushed the engine against myself accidentally a second time.

Comment

I have a pole hedge/chainsaw made by Ryobi (I know there not the greatest, but it was cheap and actually hasnt given me any trouble, and I have used it a ton), but it shocks me all the time. I have just got into a habbit of not touching the plug wire. I have a theory that it is when the wire is damaged internally that allows the spark to be released through the insulation. I dunno, maybe?
          Northern California

Comment

Marc, do you have an preference of single sided vs double sided cutters and why so?
            Hi Steve,
            For me it has to be the twin sided type of cutter. They are so much more versatile but I do miss a blade hadle when I have to reach accross wider hedges.

Just a point. I noticed a local companydisplaying cutting charges for a standard hedge. They state, should take approx 1 Hour to cut and cost would be 40 + Taxes (That's $80.00 for an hourse work!).

Comment

Working...
            X