No announcement yet.

ATVs and lawn care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any snow blower models you could pick in the area that would be as wide as an atv or no?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I did a cursory search, but didn't find anything that caught my eye.

Comment

Do you have an idea of how wide it would have to be in order to work? I will help you look as well.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

From what I've been able to gather, 44 inches seems to be about the right width. That way you clear enough that the ATV has a clear path to follow. But the wider you get, the more power you need, hence that 23 hp unit posted earlier.

At this juncture, building one is something I don't have the time or space for.

But I would still like to hear from everybody what their experiences are with using an ATV in their business.

Comment

Have you checked Ebay too? I found this one

44" SNOW BLOWER ATTACHMENT for TRACTOR Nice Condition

Buy it now $375.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/44-SNOW-BLOWER-ATTACHMENT-for-TRACTOR-Nice-Condition_W0QQitemZ200181447574QQihZ010QQcatego

ryZ42230QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/44-SNOW....hosting</a>

Comment

My 2 cents worth.

We have 2 a small 125 Honda (old fourtrax) and a Foreman 400. I only use the 125 for pulling the aerator. The 400 we use as snow plow for side walks, plowing/discing gardens, makeing food plots for the deer, seeding new yards and pulling the straw blower.

I&#39;m sure we will find more uses for these things as time goes on.

Comment

How often do you utilize the ATVs, meaning seasonal, weekly, and so on? *Any issues with power while plowing? *What would you replace them with?

I&#39;ve been talking with folks I know that have ATVs and the general consensus is that a mid-range model, 450 to 550 cc engine, has enough popcorn to do what I want, especially newer models with advancements in engine output and transmissions.

To that end I&#39;ve zeroed in on a Suzuki 450 KingQuad. *Has a low range trans, torque converter stepless transmission, and can pull quite a bit of weight. *I take that to mean it can push just about as much. *Currently waiting on a couple of dealers to reply on prices on leftover &#39;06 and &#39;07s.

Comment

Well just what I know is that the foreman has performed flawlessly for some time now and my Cus has the 05&#39; 400 or 450 king quad and my Bro has the 03&#39; Kodiac 400 and a friend has the 06&#39; artic cat 450 or 500 and we were clearing brush and 10&#39; high horse weed with chains for a food plott and Cus&#39;s KIng was pulled in blew all the drivetrain out of it and the artic cat blew the 4x4 unit. Bro&#39;s Yamaha is probly best of all list including his dads sportsman 500. I am looking for the Rubicon from Honda or a Kodiac. when we took cuz&#39;s king to the shop the manager said they had worked on more than he wanted and left it at that. the cat was under warranty so no big deal i was told they hadnt had much trouble from them, but who knows i wasnt there like the i was with the king, because im the one who took it to the shop. just a little info for ya.

Comment

When you said the mgr. worked on the KingQuad more than he wanted, did you mean just that one you brought in or the KingQuads in general?

I&#39;ve just got done clearing snow for the third time in a week and its getting real old....At the very least I want to get an ATV with a plow, the snowblower while I&#39;m in MN next month since none of the dealers out this way seem interested in pricing one for me.

Comment

Quote[/b] (S.P.Martin Lawn Care @ Dec. 10 2007,4:31)]When you said the mgr. worked on the KingQuad more than he wanted, did you mean just that one you brought in or the KingQuads in general?

I&#39;ve just got done clearing snow for the third time in a week and its getting real old....At the very least I want to get an ATV with a plow, the snowblower while I&#39;m in MN next month since none of the dealers out this way seem interested in pricing one for me.
                      He was refering to the kingquads in general

Comment

I&#39;ve done a bit more looking into ATVs. Went to a local dealer that handles 4 different lines. After talking with sales and the service department, the new front runner is an &#39;08 Kawasaki Bruteforce 650i 4X4. Will include a winch at no cost and a plow.

They called me later with 7.1% financing for the full term as I had told them the 11.1% was too high a rate. Still have one more rabbit to pull out of the hat concerning the price. Hopefully they will knock another &#036;500 off....

Comment

Quote[/b] (S.P.Martin Lawn Care @ Dec. 11 2007,8:02)]I&#39;ve done a bit more looking into ATVs. *Went to a local dealer that handles 4 different lines. *After talking with sales and the service department, the new front runner is an &#39;08 Kawasaki Bruteforce 650i 4X4. *Will include a winch at no cost and a plow. *

They called me later with 7.1% financing for the full term as I had told them the 11.1% was too high a rate. *Still have one more rabbit to pull out of the hat concerning the price. *Hopefully they will knock another &#036;500 off....
                          Dude thats great just hope you like the big bikes. Have you test rode one yet? Some Iv&#39;e seen look like a willys jeep with handlebars...lol ...jk . The Kaw is a great bike, I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll like it. and you got a great deal, a wench and plow as kickers on the deal WOW.

Comment

I bit the bullet and bought the Kawasaki 650 ATV......I&#39;ll be putting it to work tomorrow, snow on the way. Even more, like maybe a foot more, this weekend.

I&#39;ll be posting photos shortly, probably ones while I&#39;m shoving the *&@*# snow around....

Comment

I like my UV

Comment

Quote[/b] (S.P.Martin Lawn Care @ Dec. 13 2007,12:27)]I bit the bullet and bought the Kawasaki 650 ATV......I&#39;ll be putting it to work tomorrow, snow on the way. *Even more, like maybe a foot more, this weekend.

I&#39;ll be posting photos shortly, probably ones while I&#39;m shoving the *&@*# snow around....
                                Now you have spent the money to buy this thing I want to see Pictures of it making money for you&#33;

Let the money fall from the sky, I&#39;m ready for it&#33;

Comment

Working...
                                X