Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery troubleshooting?

Hey guys, sounds dumb...but....
    My jeep battery connection are getting corrsion on the conections. I just cleaned them the other day with a can of coke and a bristle brush.

My battery is not charging . I jump it with a battery box and it fires right up, I ran it awhile drove it home and turned it off. The battery would not start. Do you think it could be the alternator or just a bad battery?

I am hoping to take it to auto-zone tommorow to have them test it. Hopefully its a bad battery and I wont have to mess with Removing and replacing my alternator!

Any help or insight would be welcomed!
    1995 Jeep Cherokee Country
    6x12 foot Single Axle Custom Landscape Trailer
    Honda 21\" Self Propelled *
    Stihl and Kawasaki trimmers
    Echo Backpack Blower
    Echo Stick edger

It seems a lot of times they go at about the same time. If the battery is dying it puts a strain on the alternator and can kill it. If the alternator is going, the battery never gets a chance to fully charge.

Does your jeep have a volt meter?

I would think if you charged your battery for a bit and it still wouldn't get the truck started then I would replace it. Were you able to charge it up?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Start the jeep and while it is running, unhook one battery cable. If the jeep still runs, the alternator is fine and the battery isn't any good.

Barry
      Barry's Lawns n More

Comment

Working...
      X