Kawasaki starter on a FH641V

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki starter on a FH641V

As I attempt to start this engine, the starter drive gear will engage the flywheel,
    and then retract back down before the engine will start.
    The drive gear retracts back down as I have the
    key in the crank position.I can see the retracted gear spinning while it is in the retraced position.
    The battery is new, and all connections are good.The starter bolts are tight.
    Should I assume that the starter is bad?

Yes, I would replace the starter. It sounds like something might be wrong with the holding winding component that keeps the gear engaged to start the engine.Maybe take it apart and see if anything stands out as a problem?

Keep us posted on your updates.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well, its fixed.It seems that the spring is too strong.I removed one winding, and now the drive gear doesn't retract.

Comment

Is that effecting the performance of the engine now? Does it grind at all while running?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

The performance of the engine good.
          The gear always falls back to it resting place when I release the key back to the run position.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X