Toro proline 44" hydro adjustability for tracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toro proline 44" hydro adjustability for tracking

I recently purchased my first hydro wb and have no idea what im doing. It is a toro proline 44" with the 30144 deck and 400hrs on it. I purchased for $250 with a bad clutch brake and flat tires. I replaced the tires first and tried to drive it to the back yard and it had very little power in forward and stopped on a slighttest of hills. So i backed it up.

Well i adjusted the what i think now is called the check valve on the inner side of the pumps. It now pulls strong in forward and reverse but did not track straight.

Question #1, is all the tracking adjustment in the tbar linkage ( i have instructions on this) or do the adjustable valves on the pumps play into it as well. Or maybe i was not supposed to adjust the bolt on the pumps.

The blade clutch is fixed and the mower is ready to cut but i need to make sure it is set up correct before i try to take it to use on customers yards. I want to adjust it right before i get accustomed to it.

Any help with knowledge about this hyro setup would be appreciated as it is foreign to this guy who has only owned belt driven machines to this point.

Im sure there is a post on this but i have been unable to find it if it exists

Question #2, i need to buy blades for it. Does anyone have recomendations on the best blade paing with this deck? Hi or low rise or specific blades you recommend?
    Last edited by Gls; 05-13-2017, 09:35 PM.

I was thinking there would be a lot more information available online about this but there wasn't.

I did find this manual on adjusting the tracking. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...6.html?page=40.

It looks like the linkage bar is where they want the adjustment to be made.

As far as the blades go, are you bagging or would you rather have high lift mulching blades? That makes a difference in your choice.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I will mulch most of the time. So i might try high lift blades. I will post pictures tonight on the hydro system. I have the linkage adjusted and can go pretty staight at full speed but while going slow and at a comfortable walk it is hard to keep straight because the Tbar control is so touchy. This may be because i am not use to it but i feel like it is not set up correctly. Btw i have new grommets and have made sure everything is tight with no play from the tbar to the pumps.
      Last edited by Gls; 05-18-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

This isn't for the same mower, but maybe seeing a visual may help in adjusting the hydro mower tracking. Let me know.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X