John Deere JS40 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Deere JS40 issues

Ive a JS40...caster steer... The issue is the engine, and this issue may be with other engines as well. The motor on this a Briggs 7.0HP OHV (190CC). After it sits for a day or better, I go to pull the start rope and it seems the cylinder has locked up. Let me tell ya, this engine takes no sh%t. The chassis, the self propel system will run at a lite "jog" if you are capable jogging behind it. No joke. And it will cut too, beautifully and flat, at that speed. I dont know if fuel is continually leaking into the cylinder while it sits causing a hydraulic lock, or if it's another issue. I have broken two starter ropes and almost cut my fingers with "snap back" from this.

If it is a hydraulic lock, can you take out the spark plug and see if there is fluid in the cylinder? Even if you have to put something in it to see if any liquid is absorbed?

I'd figure though, if it is a hydraulic lock, it's going to be pretty full and easy to see.

Keep us posted.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Replace the float, needle and gas cap (in case the vent went bad).

Oh, and change the oil too.

Comment

Are you thinking that it is probably leaking fuel into the firing chamber while it is sitting and changing those parts will stop that from happening?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X