Exmark Turf Tracer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmark Turf Tracer

I found a dealer that is selling floor models of last years Turf Tracer's at invoice. They are the S-series. He has a 36" with striping kit for $5100 and a 48" w/o striping kit for $5700. Which should I get?

I only do residential yards now, but am trying to market to get some smaller commercial accounts. None of my current customers have fences, so the 48" is fine for them, but I am hoping to get a lot more accounts this season, so if my new accounts have fences, I would have to push mow the backs of those at least. What do you guys think?

I found a dealer that is selling floor models of last years Turf Tracer's at invoice. They are the S-series. He has a 36" with striping kit for $5100 and a 48" w/o striping kit for $5700. Which should I get?

I only do residential yards now, but am trying to market to get some smaller commercial accounts. None of my current customers have fences, so the 48" is fine for them, but I am hoping to get a lot more accounts this season, so if my new accounts have fences, I would have to push mow the backs of those at least. What do you guys think?
    48 with out question a 48 will fit between wheel wells on a pick up and still give you a great cut. Go after business that suites your 48. I use 52 turf tracers and 60 scagg cheetahs always go big on your walk behinds. They save time and money and we are in the business of selling time. Stay away from small gates they are a loosing proposition. Push mowing a back yard is not good business sense. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rockymtnnut; 02-03-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

With the jobs you have now, which mower would work better on them?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

So I went with the 36" so it will fit through most gates. I figured this is still a huge upgrade from the push mower and residential grade riding mower I used last year. My marketing plan this year is to pass out 7500 flyers/postcards to residential customers and 5000 business cards to local businesses for residential customers and only 250 flyers for commercial, so I decided to match my equipment with my current customers, not the ones I hope to have in a few years. I figured if all goes well, I can always add a larger unit later once I have built up a larger customer base.

Comment

I decided to match my equipment with my current customers, not the ones I hope to have in a few years.
          I think that is a wise decision. We see here repeated time and time again the importance of getting the work first then getting the equipment. Otherwise you can buy all this equipment that isn't used.

I look forwards to hearing your updates on how the new equipment helps you.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I know this update is way pasty due Steve, but after purchasing the 36", I love it. I use it more than any other piece of equipment. Shortly after buying it, I landed some smaller (under 10 acres each) horse farms, so I had to upgrade. I bought a Husqvarna 60". It was OK, but I could tell after using it for a few months, it wasn't going to last long. I traded it for a 60" John Deere Stander. A month after trading, the John Deere blew a hydro (they said it was probably going out when the last guy had it and he knew it, so he traded it off). It was going to be $3000 to fix, as it was a single hydro with dual stages and when it blew it shot metal shards into the wheel motors, so I was going to have to replace it all. I ended up selling the John Deere as-is for $2500 to a small engine mechanic and made the big jump....I went and got a new 60" Lazer Z. Iv'e had my Lazer Z for a while now and love it. But I still use my 36" more and prefer a walk-behind over a stand on or rider.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X