Is It Worth It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Worth It?

I am considering purchasing this as a residential mower, the idea is to have a commercial push mower and a smaller mower. So I am looking on what others think about this mower consideration of mine and my business partners. It is just an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TJEQ1EYyo0w
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJEQ1EYyo0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by GreenBlue; 04-20-2013, 03:32 PM.

What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
      It's cheaper for one thing, but was hoping to get some insight, its mainly an idea of my business partner, I'm leaning more towards a commercial mower, but wanted to see what others had to say so I could relay to my business partner.

Comment

I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.

Comment

I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
          I will pass this onto my business partner, this is more of his idea. I'm leaning towards commercial for the simple fact that it can handle more, etc. but wanted to give him a shot with what others had to say and then letting him know what the opinions of others are from everyone here. Thanks for your input on this.

Comment

nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.

Comment

nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
              We'll look into this, thanks Sect.

Comment

The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD

Comment

The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

Thanks for that input, that's a nice looking mower and I will pass this on to my business partner, I'm sure he'd like this. I do because its commercial lol.

Comment

This is the way to go. If you work commercially, don't cut corners. Get a quality machine that will last.
                    integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Working...
                    X