ventrac/steiner mowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ventrac/steiner mowers

hey guys, was wondering if any of you have used or own a Ventrac or Steiner mower??? Looking at doing a demo with the Ventrac & maybe Steiner235? at the same time.The Steiner is a front mount deck with rear steering , & Ventrac articulates in the middle...I like the attachments for both & the versatility they have in regaurds to quick changing of attachments, but I know they are expensive machines...any info would be appreciated..thanks!

They are unique mowers. What kinds of services are you looking to provide with them?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well up here Steve, I do a but load of plow damage & most of it is not my own, & the county plow trucks throw a ton of sand & stuff on the roads only to come back through later to throw it back off...so a lot of sand in customers lawns about 10 to 20ft in sometimes..so was thinking for sure a rotary broom & a slip scoop...& could no dought get an upsell with the township I'm contracted with here for sweeping the roads too....also they have a great aer-vater? I think they call it for aerating...also had done a lot of long grass cutting before but backed off of that do to wear & tear on my mowers, & Ventrac/Steiner both have a nice field/brush cutting deck...I know I could use these attachments for all season area I'm in...I'm talking to my customers about the benifits of aerating/de-thatching/firtilizing, and this maching could do it all ...The attachments are endless 30 or so for the Ventrac so I could branch off into other things as well like stump grinding for one would go good up here...lots of attachments but a lot of cash too! would have to get a couple 2-3 attachments first then buy more later for sure, they I think start out at around $14,000 new so have been looking for used for now but just not sure I want to buy other peoples crap... probably will do a demo first though!

Comment

A while back, one of our members on here bought himself a john deere compact utility tractor and he loved it. He got himself many attachments as well.

You could get a sweeper attachment like this:

Even used, I bet that a c.u.t. would have the potential to be more useful. Have you considered it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

yeah, I've been checking a lot of mowers out, I'm definetly keeping my zero turns cuz of the wide open areas I have but I also have some roadways that I do for a township that get a little tricky with hills & slopes, I've had to pull my mower out of the ditch a few times have to whip some places too....just thinking of not just that account,but cemetery & ballfields etc.. so I'm looking at the versatility of the Ventrac more than anything...I want to do a lot more aerating / de-thatching & firt as well but am still "schooling" my customers on the benifits of those...right now I'm looking at de-thatcher/aerator attachments for the zero turns I have a Leaf Buster blower that mounts to my Bunton 61" & also a vac for it too...It does a lot of work in itself but am going to have to get yet another mower soon & if I were going to buy the Ventrac I would have to get 2-3 attachments right off the bat & would be exspensive..so yea I'm still definetly looking, but looking forward to a demo just to see what kind of machine it really is....the tractor with 2-3 attachments would be about $20,000 +...a lot a $$ but could make a lot more $$ too... so i'm still up in the air about it...

Comment

I like the idea of the add-on to your ztr. I bet that could begin making you profits pretty quickly.

As you demo the other mower, let us know what you think. But also think about how that $20,000 could be potentially saved or spent in other more productive ways, if you find them.

Comment

Working...
            X