Starter Rope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Rope

While doing my spring tune ups and restocking parts. I noticed I didnt have any starter rope. I always have one break at the worst time like in a blizzard. My new thing is having spares for everything.

I went shopping for 100ft roles when I realized theres like 10 different sizes. So I thought I should get a #3 and #6 and that should cover it. But then I thought of Paracord.

Do you guys think paracord could be a universal starter rope? It has a break strength of at least 550lbs. Its small enough to fit into a trimmer but strong enough for a mower.

When I was in a real pinch, I used some nylon trimmer string as a starter rope on my Toro push mower. Still works fine 2 years later. Small enough for a trimmer, strong enough for...anything.

Comment

Paracord (5-50 cord) is awesome. We used that stuff for EVERYTHING when I was in the Marine Corps. Boot laces, clothes lines, fixing weapons systems, making good pistol grips, trip wire, we even strung up a line or two and had a guy hang from it with a full combat load. It held for a few seconds. That stuff is very strong.

Comment

Paracord (5-50 cord) is awesome. We used that stuff for EVERYTHING when I was in the Marine Corps. Boot laces, clothes lines, fixing weapons systems, making good pistol grips, trip wire, we even strung up a line or two and had a guy hang from it with a full combat load. It held for a few seconds. That stuff is very strong.
        I found another good use. We could tie down Greg and shave off that fro. MARINE CORE!

Comment

I found another good use. We could tie down Greg and shave off that fro. MARINE CORE!
          That young man needs it! Especially since he lives in the same town as the 2nd Marine Division!

Maybe Lawncareman can make a homemade helicopter so he can fly to his customers. Swing it around his head real fast till he lifts off the ground?

Comment

yeah paracord is a must for a camping or survival kit. I have about 25 ft laying around that I'm going to test out. I really wont know till its used for a while but it looks to be stronger and more rot resistant then nylon braid.

What really got my attention though is how thin it is. Its diameter is so small it could fit in any machine. It has multi use and can be found in rolls of 100' for less then 10 bucks.

That sure beats buying 2-3 different pole cords to find out none fit a machine I have.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X