Need Fast Help on used mower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Fast Help on used mower

I have a chance to by a 2005 Exmark 60 inch zero turn for 2200.00. It has been well maintained in decent condition but has 2200 hrs on it. Please get back to me tonight if you think this is a good deal. The person has already turned down one person at 2100 and was asking 2850. HELP!

I would look at it real close. I bought a zmaster 29hp 60" cut with 1800 hours for $2000. The mower has just under 3700 hours now.

Since then every mower I bought was cheaper and had less hours.

Some mowers last 500 hours others 1500 and a few 3000. It all matters with maintenance and luck.

I would take anything the owner says with a grain of salt. I would only believe receipts and records.

Comment

The person has already turned down one person at 2100 and was asking 2850. HELP!

I'm a bit confused. You have the opportunity to buy the mower for $2200? But the seller refused an offer of $2100 because he was asking $2850?

What happened that he dropped his price $650? That's like a 25% discount in price.
      I did a quick search on my local craigslist and it would seem that $2200 is a very low price. I found several for $4000, $5000, $5500. Of course, with lower hours, but still 700-1400 hours for those prices.
      $2200 isn't that much of a gamble for a well-running machine of that caliber. You will make the money back fast. Just make sure everything is working properly and that the engine is still strong.

Just like when buying a car, make note of the consumables: battery, tires, hoses, belts, fluids, filters, cables, wires, etc. These little parts can add up.

Comment

I have a chance to by a 2005 Exmark 60 inch zero turn for 2200.00. It has been well maintained in decent condition but has 2200 hrs on it. Please get back to me tonight if you think this is a good deal. The person has already turned down one person at 2100 and was asking 2850. HELP!
        How good of a value it is depends on a lot of information we do not have. Such as engine model, and mower model. A Kawasaki or Kohler Command engine could last as high as 7000 hours if taken care of, but it could be shot and need a replacement.
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

A Kawasaki or Kohler Command engine could last as high as 7000 hours if taken care of

...makes me feel a little better about the Scag payment...

Comment

What did you pay for the scag?

Comment

Make sure you look over everything with a fine toothed comb. my gravely 260z has around 1700 hrs on it and the engine still purrs like a kitten, but everything else is showing its age. At around 1500 hours I replaced all the anti-scalp wheels, all 4 tires, several springs and bushings, bearings in the front castors, and a transmission belt. plus had to weld a re-inforcement plate on the front because the pivoting from the front arms was wearing through the metal and causing cracks. I am highly considering trading it off for a new/newer machine, but I just dont have that kind of money right now...hence all the extra repairs. I also have to add I hardly had an once of trouble or had to put much money into the machine until that point. Just Fuel, oil changes and blades. Gravelys have maintenance free spindles so you dont have to grease them constantly either.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X