Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tell the truth or tell you what you want to here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpld
    replied
    Too many people with too much time on their hands and lame info is my take on this. If your a big shot big time landscaper then great, but beating on your chest about it and saying listen to me is lame. Just saying there are ways to give advice without sounding like a tool.

i think the people with the biggest gripe about taking advice are the newbies and all too often follow the advice of the newbies instead of swallowing a little pride and accepting it.

i get that response from people here from time to time and some young kids starting out think that i can not relate to them because i am already established and because i had some success that i can not feel their pain or understand where they are coming from.
    but what gets lost in it all is that i started from there too and one day not too long ago i was a young dude plotting making my mark on the world.

the only difference between me and say some 18 year old kid on here is i am older and have been at it longer and had a head start due to being older but if they stay true to the course they set and stay at it they too will be in my position one day.

you also got to realize that sometimes a particular person might not be beating their chest at all and that may only be how the reader perceived it.
    after all none of us including myself are professional writers or astute educated people, i am not saying any of us is stupid or nothing like that but it sometimes can be hard to convey your thoughts articulately in this format and maybe if you were hearing the words straight out of our mouths in person you would understand where they are coming from a little better.

lastly, as in any subject in life if you put a question out there in a public format such as this you are gonna get some replies that you don't want to hear.
    but maybe the answer is not so much the wrong answer it is just what you don't want to hear.
    humans by nature will ask questions hoping to hear the answer they want to hear and not the the answer they really need to hear.

Leave a comment:

• rockymtnnut
    replied
    [QUOTE=wat5150;123658]Too many people with too much time on their hands and lame info is my take on this. If your a big shot big time landscaper then great, but beating on your chest about it and saying listen to me is lame. Just saying there are ways to give advice without sounding like
    I agree

Leave a comment:

• Cashin H&P
    replied
    we get this a lot with newbies post about homeowner equipment. When you tell them get commercial grade equipment they get pissed off.

I tell them go used its cheaper then the newer homeowner garbage. They want something shiny and new though. Somehow they figure a new mower designed to last a 150 hours is better then a used mower designed to last 1000s.

We see this with business stuff too. I make 60k a year, im gonna quit my job and get rich doing this. Well good luck with that buddy.

Then the guys that charge $20-$25 a lawn and cut 20-30 yards. You tell them raise your prices work less for more money. Then they tell you its impossible, it only takes 10 mins or I have low overhead so I'm fine.

I dont think people see how many are just part timers or own a job. Theres very few that really own a business here.
    Couldnt agree more.

Leave a comment:

• wat5150
    replied
    Too many people with too much time on their hands and lame info is my take on this. If your a big shot big time landscaper then great, but beating on your chest about it and saying listen to me is lame. Just saying there are ways to give advice without sounding like a tool.

Leave a comment:

• SECTLANDSCAPING
    replied
    we get this a lot with newbies post about homeowner equipment. When you tell them get commercial grade equipment they get pissed off.

I tell them go used its cheaper then the newer homeowner garbage. They want something shiny and new though. Somehow they figure a new mower designed to last a 150 hours is better then a used mower designed to last 1000s.

We see this with business stuff too. I make 60k a year, im gonna quit my job and get rich doing this. Well good luck with that buddy.

Then the guys that charge $20-$25 a lawn and cut 20-30 yards. You tell them raise your prices work less for more money. Then they tell you its impossible, it only takes 10 mins or I have low overhead so I'm fine.

I dont think people see how many are just part timers or own a job. Theres very few that really own a business here.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X