Ooops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooops

I was cleaning up a bit. I move my Redmax hedge trimmer and notice gas in it. I look over everything else and my Stihl backpack too. Major brain fart! At least I never used the Stihl but my Redmax hedge trimmer. If it wasnt my job to check these things, someone would be in trouble.

Looks like ill be cleaning some carbs tomorrow.

"If it wasnt my job to check these things, someone would be in trouble."

lol
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Was it able to start? Was the gas left in it all winter?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Was it able to start? Was the gas left in it all winter?
        no start, yeah I left it in since october or november.

Comment

I have seen advertisments for "Start" supposedly its perfect for this exact situation.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/start_your_engines/

I have never used it but maybe it will work and avoid you from having to clean the carbs.

Comment

I have seen advertisments for "Start" supposedly its perfect for this exact situation.

I have never used it but maybe it will work and avoid you from having to clean the carbs.
            already cleaned them. It only takes 10 mins or so to do. I didnt try to start them but they should be good to go. There wasnt any crud and all the gaskets were good.

Comment

I never had any luck with that stuff, I would however recommend Mechanic in a Bottle for ethanol based carb problems. It seems to work well.
              I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

already cleaned them. It only takes 10 mins or so to do. I didnt try to start them but they should be good to go. There wasnt any crud and all the gaskets were good.
                Anymore it takes me a lot longer then that by the time I pop the welch plugs, clean it with carb cleaner and soak it in the ultrasonic cleaner before putting them back together. But I also will not do one without using a kit anymore, the gaskets just don't always seal right after tearing them apart and I hate doing work over.
                I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Anymore it takes me a lot longer then that by the time I pop the welch plugs, clean it with carb cleaner and soak it in the ultrasonic cleaner before putting them back together. But I also will not do one without using a kit anymore, the gaskets just don't always seal right after tearing them apart and I hate doing work over.
                  I didnt go that far in. I just wanted to drain it and clean the old gas out. Ill know when I fire it up if it needs a thorough cleaning or kit. I did put some unmixed stabil in tank and primed it in the carb to mix with any leftovers. Should be good to go.

This is weird though. I have a pressure washer with a 9hp subaru. I left gas in this one too. Anyways it fired right up. This was untreated gas from september. WTF?

I usually treat the first run and last run before storage but I'm slipping.

Comment

that is how I was but now I always treat. Mid summer I treat lite (I treat 5 gallons the way you should treat one). In the fall I run heavy treatment to clean out the carb for the winter

Comment

I didnt go that far in. I just wanted to drain it and clean the old gas out. Ill know when I fire it up if it needs a thorough cleaning or kit. I did put some unmixed stabil in tank and primed it in the carb to mix with any leftovers. Should be good to go.

This is weird though. I have a pressure washer with a 9hp subaru. I left gas in this one too. Anyways it fired right up. This was untreated gas from september. WTF?

I can see that when your doing it yourself. I just can not afford to do it twice, as customers will not pay me to do it twice I have to do it correct the first time.

I have started telling customers not to use stabil as it does not seem to work with ethanol, I suggest ethanol shield or startron.

Comment

Working...
                      X