Hustler 2500 series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hustler 2500 series

I've recently brought in a 2500 series Hustler (1998) with a Kawasaki motor. I got it to start fine with the key. Shortly after it started running choppy and bogging down, and cut off. I went to turn it over, nothing. I'm thinking the ignition coil pack may be failing?

Model:924993

Serial: 7011727

I've recently brought in a 2500 series Hustler (1998) with a Kawasaki motor. I got it to start fine with the key. Shortly after it started running choppy and bogging down, and cut off. I went to turn it over, nothing. I'm thinking the ignition coil pack may be failing?

Model:924993

Serial: 7011727
    you posted the model and serial of the mower not the engine that you are having problems with. I would need the engine numbers to look at the diagram. However although that is a possibility a lot of things can cause the symptoms you are talking about. Like are you checking for a spark, have you done a compression or leakdown test. what have you done to troubleshoot this problem.
    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I turned the key, and it will not turn over at all. When I jump it off at the starter, it has a slow drag like its not putting out enough spark to fire?

Comment

I turned the key, and it will not turn over at all. When I jump it off at the starter, it has a slow drag like its not putting out enough spark to fire?
        ok have you checked the voltage at the battery?
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

the battery is producing good voltage.... i will be checking the solenoid today.

Comment

Working...
          X