No announcement yet.

What truck and trailer to buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use 4x4 on about every landscaping job i do. I understand its new to you. i was there myself once. Diesel is a great choice they last a long time but a 2 wd pick up is not good for landscaping. You will live in the dirt and mud, if you want to make a living at this get the right equipment. I started back in 97 with a 150 4x4 at 98000 it was shot and so was i. I whent to a 2500 4x4 diesel and never looked back.

Comment

The thing is, when you are younger and just getting into this business or any business, you have a lot to learn. I think this thread is a great example of going through those growing pains.

Sure you might look for advice on some things, but at times you have an idea in your head for whatever reason, that you are going to go some other route.

Do you think this is the case and this is a growing process full of all the kicking and screaming that goes along with growth or not?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I needed something to laugh at today, Thanks guys....

I think he's a dreamer....

Comment

The thing is, when you are younger and just getting into this business or any business, you have a lot to learn. I think this thread is a great example of going through those growing pains.

Sure you might look for advice on some things, but at times you have an idea in your head for whatever reason, that you are going to go some other route.

Do you think this is the case and this is a growing process full of all the kicking and screaming that goes along with growth or not?
          It is part of the growing process.i have jobs to big for the suburban but not enough of them yet for a big truck

To anyone else I don't mean any disrespect and i value your opinion which is why I started looking at used and looking for a flat bed trailer but all of you seem so negative and bring age into it as for this thread I am done with it so Steve delete it if you wish

Comment

just get yourself a 10k open trailer. It ups your hauling, can use as a bed, will haul the equipment you need, and chances are the suburban could pull it loaded. If you really want to invest in something get the dump trailer instead.

Comment

Greg, there is a lot of kicking and screaming that goes along with growth. I bet there are members right now that are your age and in your same position really appreciating that everyone added their insights to this thread so they could get a great answer to their problem.

You all are doing a good job. Keep going and growing.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
              X