ebz8000 no start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is it pulling over the 8k are know for killing bearing
    You won a broken blower. Shop said the bearing is rocking and on the way out and part of the piston broke and scored the cylinder.

It was a side I couldnt see and the compression did seem fine but I didnt put it on the tester because the plug is a odd size.

Not sure if I should get a short block for $215?

Comment

sorry to hear that, but if they can fix it for under $220 that would be a great blower and worth the money. You will know the biggest problem with it is fixed (for now)

Comment

sorry to hear that, but if they can fix it for under $220 that would be a great blower and worth the money. You will know the biggest problem with it is fixed (for now)
        That would be me fixing it. They wanted $200 in labor and its bolt on.

Comment

if it is something you feel ok with doing sounds like a good winter project. I would take it apart to check if the shop is right before ordering the new one

Comment

Its nothing challenging. Just bolt it to the housing of the blower and then put the muffler and carb back on. The question comes is it worth fixing a 8 yr old blower for $215 when something else will go wrong vs buying a new one for $499 with a 2 year warranty. I know I cant buy this blower for less then $275 used. So the way I see it $215 for the blower with a new engine is a win win. I'm thinking the cheapest way possible and a little sentimental. For all I know I could need a carb in the spring and now I spent damn near $300 on a blower that looks like crap.

I will check the bearing inside though. If the bearing is not needed I can fix it for half the cost but it would be more labor since I would have to assemble the piston and rings in the block vs getting the short block that is completely assembled.

Comment

The question comes is it worth fixing a 8 yr old blower for $215 when something else will go wrong vs buying a new one for $499 with a 2 year warranty.
              I tend to think it's better to fix items as you go. $215 is a lot cheaper now than $499. If something else happens by next spring, re-evaluate it and see where you want to go from there.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have this almost completely tore down. I cant figure out how to get the piston off and I stripped a screw on the blower fan that holds the lower block in.

Comment

Found a little clip that held the piston in. The piston is shot, the cylinder doesnt look to bad. I cant get to the bearing to check that. Gonna have to assume its good because if I cant get to it, I know the shop didnt.

Comment

nice pile o-parts

Comment

If you can afford it, I would buy new and toss this one. The piston obviously got very hot and I'm sure your going to have cylinder wall damage and bearing damage. Even if you buy a new piston, etc. it will probably only be good for a short time. thats my take on it. Good luck!
                      OrganicKen.com

Comment

I bet you feel good learning how all that works! Can't way to see it all back together and working better than before. Nice job.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X