New ZTR battery not charging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ZTR battery not charging

I have only 8 hours on my brand new Ferris ZTR and today it wouldn't start. I noticed it sounded like it was having a hard time turning over when starting and after turning it on and off over the course of a few yards it got progressively worse until it wouldn't start at all. I jumped it off with my truck and it ran fine. Let it run for about 20 minutes and battery held no charge.Is there anything that I could have done to drain battery? I am new to using these machines but I take the key out when i am not on the machine always and don't know of anything that would drain the battery. I'm taking to the dealer tomorrow if I can't get this figured out. Very frustrating considering how much those machines are to have a breakdown that early.

Check fuses.
    Evansville Lawn Mowing
    Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

it could be any number of things ,a loose connection ,bad battery ,fuse ,alternator ,to name a few .The dealer should have you back running in no time .

Comment

Are there any updates on this situation?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Delete is closed Sunday and Monday. I'm going to check fuses and see if I can fix this afternoon. Thanks for the insight. Will let you know what happens.

Comment

Voltage regulator went out. Dealer replaced at no charge and I am back up and running. Thanks guys.

Comment

I have the same issue with one of my ztrs. Gonna check the voltage regulator and fuses when I get a chance.

Comment

When you can't start it and check the voltage output at the battery, what's the best way to see if the voltage regulator is bad when it won't start?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X