Echo handheld blower.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo handheld blower.

I just bought this blower. Found it on CL. It was $50 and came with basically another echo blower head that wasnt working, just for spare parts. Anyway I put some gas in the spare blower and it fired up after a few pull. It smoked pretty bad and would bog down after you ran it for a while. I was surprised that it fired up and ran. So I basically got 2 for the price of one. So what would be the issue with the smoking? I assume there is a carb or throttle issue with the bogging down. I have a chainsaw that does the same thing. Runs for a bit then just starts coughing and then sputters out.

I just bought this blower. Found it on CL. It was $50 and came with basically another echo blower head that wasnt working, just for spare parts. Anyway I put some gas in the spare blower and it fired up after a few pull. It smoked pretty bad and would bog down after you ran it for a while. I was surprised that it fired up and ran. So I basically got 2 for the price of one. So what would be the issue with the smoking? I assume there is a carb or throttle issue with the bogging down. I have a chainsaw that does the same thing. Runs for a bit then just starts coughing and then sputters out.
    could be rings.

Comment

Seafoam that sucker and see what happens. That is a heck of a deal.
      Premier Greenscape
      Lawn Mowing, Landscaping serving Katy, Cypress, and Richmond
      Katy Lawn Service
      Cypress Lawn Service

Comment

I would check compression on the unit before you do anything else. Sounds like that is the problem.
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I would check compression on the unit before you do anything else. Sounds like that is the problem.
          Could a lack of compression cause the engine to bog down after you run it for a while?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Could a lack of compression cause the engine to bog down after you run it for a while?
            yes as an engine heats up it will loose compression.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Can you explain that more? Which parts tend to do that?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X