What pushmower you guys using??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pushmower you guys using??

Im in the market for a new one, i've looked at several..Toro..troybuilt..Murray...etc, Thanks!

I use all toro's. They always seem to work well for me and a dealer is in town. Not sure about other mowers, but a lot of places carry parts for them, not just the dealers.

Comment

Im in the market for a new one, i've looked at several..Toro..troybuilt..Murray...etc, Thanks!
      Pushmower? What's that??

Comment

I'm mainly using a box store Toro Recycler. I like it, it works well. I stenciled on my company name to the side because it's flat, so I think that makes it DE COOLEST. $300.

Comment

EXMARK with a Honda

Comment

Some people don't count self propel, but I call all 21" mowers "push mowers".

I use a Toro Super Recycler (SR4) and I'm very happy with it.
            I'll probably get a Toro commercial 21" eventually, but I was so happy with the SR4 I bought last season, I bought another one!

See here:
            http://www.gopherforum.com/showthrea...super+recycler

Comment

get a honda 500 bucks at home depot will last u long time eas to use and it has to blades.

Comment

get a honda 500 bucks at home depot will last u long time eas to use and it has to blades.
                My Toro was on clearance for $500, is easier to use, has a Honda engine, and I only need to remove/sharpen ONE blade.

Comment

I have 3 hondas that are used daily. I have 2 toros that sit in a shed. Ill use them occasionally if I forgot to sharpen blades. A good older mower that I dont see much anymore is a lawnboy.

My Toro was on clearance for $500, is easier to use, has a Honda engine, and I only need to remove/sharpen ONE blade.

Easier? You start, you drive, your done.

Comment

I have 3 hondas that are used daily. I have 2 toros that sit in a shed. Ill use them occasionally if I forgot to sharpen blades. A good older mower that I dont see much anymore is a lawnboy.

Easier? You start, you drive, your done.
                    Mine's easier to "drive".

Starting is the same since it's essentially the same powerplant.

Done is done.

As for Lawnboy, that's all you see around here on the older, established companies trailers. That's what I was going to buy when I started until I discovered they don't make the good ones any more.

Comment

Mine's easier to "drive".

Starting is the same since it's essentially the same powerplant.

Done is done.

As for Lawnboy, that's all you see around here on the older, established companies trailers. That's what I was going to buy when I started until I discovered they don't make the good ones any more.
                      It might be easier for you but the rest of us just squeeze and go. The blade control is really what makes a difference. Turning your mower off to go over a curb is so 80s.

Yeah the old lawnboys are the goodies and whenever I see them there selling for 2 bills plus. Thats to high for me for a 20 year old mower. The new crap ones are made by toro. I think they started making them in the early 90s.

Comment

A big thing to look at now days is the engine, a lot of the Chinese made engines do not have great parts availability for example you need a bowl gasket you have to buy a carburetor, in a few cases you can not even buy parts as simple as air filters. As to brand of push mower a lot of them are made by Briggs and Stratton and rebadged so you have to pick the lowest priced model you want that has the features you want.
                        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

It might be easier for you but the rest of us just squeeze and go. The blade control is really what makes a difference. Turning your mower off to go over a curb is so 80s.

Yeah the old lawnboys are the goodies and whenever I see them there selling for 2 bills plus. Thats to high for me for a 20 year old mower. The new crap ones are made by toro. I think they started making them in the early 90s.

Blade shutoff was available on the SR4s a few years ago. Why they removed it, yet still offer it on the "Home Depot specials" (Recyclers) is beyond me.

I'm just messing around when I say "my Toro is better than your Honda", but I'm happy with it, and if someone is happy with what they use, that's important.

I thought this new Toro would be "better" since it has the Honda engine as opposed to the Briggs on my other one, but MAN does this thing suck up gas.
                          The Honda is either a gas hog, or has a much smaller tank. (or both)

Another "bad" thing is that freaking gas RUNS out the air filter if you run it filter side down across a steep hill. My Toro with the Briggs doesn't do that.

Comment

Blade shutoff was available on the SR4s a few years ago. Why they removed it, yet still offer it on the "Home Depot specials" (Recyclers) is beyond me.

I'm just messing around when I say "my Toro is better than your Honda", but I'm happy with it, and if someone is happy with what they use, that's important.

I thought this new Toro would be "better" since it has the Honda engine as opposed to the Briggs on my other one, but MAN does this thing suck up gas.
                            The Honda is either a gas hog, or has a much smaller tank. (or both)

Another "bad" thing is that freaking gas RUNS out the air filter if you run it filter side down across a steep hill. My Toro with the Briggs doesn't do that.

sounds like you might have a float problem with the honda I would get it looked at.
                            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

what he ^^^^ said .

Comment

Working...
                              X