14 hp Kohler motor backfire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 hp Kohler motor backfire

I've got a 14hp Kohler Command Motor (CV14T) that has a bad backfire, and what seems like white smoke coming from the motor? I thought the carb might be stuck open and did notice it had a small flame come through the carb... any suggestions?

I've got a 14hp Kohler Command Motor (CV14T) that has a bad backfire, and what seems like white smoke coming from the motor? I thought the carb might be stuck open and did notice it had a small flame come through the carb... any suggestions?
    yes check for a flywheel key sheered
    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

How does that effect the motor? Would that change the timing of it?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

check valves just pulled valvle cover off a 16 horse kohler that was back firing when trying to start and rocker arm was loose not letting exahust valve open
        Chris Hoeltke
        serving Winchester Virginia and surrounding areas
        C&S Lawn Service

Comment

Working...
        X