Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good mower? Is this a good price for it??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good mower? Is this a good price for it??

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/2934767551.html

I am new to this game, after I pull all my checks tomorrow this will be within my price range. I already ready the sticky on buying used equipment. Assuming it isnt worn out, is this a good deal? I would also appreciate any advice anyone has on checking it out mechanically and past experiences with this mower. I am going to be crying for a long time if I spend that much on a dud so I appreciate any advice you guys can throw me.

Thanks

I have older walk behind lawnmower. It is a 36 inch cut Howard Price.
    It has 12.5hp Kawasaki motor. Brand new front wheels and tires.
    Cranks on first pull. Mower is 5 speed with reverse. Runs good.. Needs blades.
    $850 if interested call 404-391-2275. I can text pictures. i have a parts mower to go with it
    Attached Files

That's a little high for my area with no catch (bagger) and looks a little beatup.
    check to see if the engine idles low ok
    check the trans in all speeds
    why does it need blades did they hit something how is the spindle

Comment

looks like a piece of crap. how old is it? it seems suspicious that there are no blades on it. buy some blades and put them on and test it before you buy

Comment

I'd offer about $150 and then use the motor and get rid of the rest of whatever that is.
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Even if it were a good mower its not worth $850 If memory serves I lookad at one like that only a 48inche and when I was doing research I found that parths are hard to come by. Plus from the pictures it looks like its about to fall apart now. Im sure if you keep looking you can find something better.

Comment

I would say buying that mower is a bad idea, you have only 1 dealership in the country selling parts, and no access to parts breakdowns to figure out what part you need. And the company could be a car wreck away from closing if something happened to the owner. that would leave you with no parts.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Thats a good engine but not sure about the rest. I would test it out. If all is order, offer $400.

Comment

Thats a good engine but not sure about the rest. I would test it out. If all is order, offer $400.
                yeah this guy says he wont go below six since he has a parts mower. he also says bobcat parts will fit the mower. More bs??

Comment

yeah this guy says he wont go below six since he has a parts mower. he also says bobcat parts will fit the mower. More bs??
                  Sure they might fit but do you really want to take that chance on the tool that will be miking you money? My thought process on things like that are spend more now so you do not have to later when it breaks down. Lets say my gravely goes down, there are 3 dealers that specalize in gravely around here and I know of one other that can work on them but they juat dont sell gravely. So it will be up in running in no time. but if I were to have a mower that has no service shops close by then I could be waiting days or even weeks for parts.

Comment

dont walk away , RUN!!!

Comment

1. Buy it for $600.00
                      2. Paint it
                      3. Put blades on it
                      4. Sell it, $1,200.00

Comment

1. Buy it for $600.00
                        2. Paint it
                        3. Put blades on it
                        4. Sell it, $1,200.00

He would struggle to sell it at $800

Comment

At first glance you can get an idea on how well somethings been takin care of....and that does not look like a mower thats been takin care of! I bet you can put your finger through the deck. Just looking at it makes me want to put eat plugs in lol !! Looking professional is key and that thing is 5 minutes away from turning to dust. I'd keep doing what your doing , collecting checks and keep looking, especially if your lookin for a 36" walk! Best of luck.

Comment

not sure about that, I can see how it does look like a yellow bobcat but as for if the parts would fit I have no clue. I also agree with the others it looks trashed, and would not help your image as a professional I would look for something better.
                            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

holy cow a howard price! lol the first walk behind i ever owned was a 48inch howard price hydro with a 17hp kawasaki. Suprisingly it was actually a good mower and cut good for what it was. But it was a fixed deck and Howard Price is no longer in business so it was hard to find parts so i sold it. I would stay way from it and find something in better shape. Heres a picture of mine from my craigslist add haha
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X