No announcement yet.

Opinions on Which Mower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use a roller and I set the deck myself. Thanks for the compliment. Of course, I do the fertilizing, too. So it's a combination of both that give that nice stripe.

Just as good is fine as I am happy with the cut the Toro gives now. If anything can give me the same quality with better customer service I'll be giddy like a schoolgirl.
    you can make any commercial walk leave a stripe like that, hell I can make even a consumer unit stripe it is mostly in the setup. The thing is a scag is setup from the factory to stripe so some claim it is the only one that can do it. But you did a nice job on the deck setup.

another tip is someone shows you a picture with a better stripe it could be the deck is not level, that would look like a nice stripe in a photo taken at the perfect angle
    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

to give you a good answer we would need the engine options. Without that your going to get an uninformed answer.

Also for your information Exmark is owned by Toro and I can assure you the quality of the exmark is no higher then the quality of the toro units. But I do agree buy a mower from a good servicing dealer, that way you can be assured it was set up properly, and get support.
      They both have the same 18hp motor.

Comment

you can make any commercial walk leave a stripe like that, hell I can make even a consumer unit stripe it is mostly in the setup. The thing is a scag is setup from the factory to stripe so some claim it is the only one that can do it. But you did a nice job on the deck setup.
        1/4" forward pitch for a small deck seems to work.
        another tip is someone shows you a picture with a better stripe it could be the deck is not level, that would look like a nice stripe in a photo taken at the perfect angle
        Double blades really improves the striping, too.
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

They both have the same 18hp motor.
          The only good advice I see in this thread is from Mark, he apparently had trouble with the 40" deck discharging and giving a good cut. I would say you might be better off with the 36"
          I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Working...
          X