aerator what kind?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerator what kind?

So I thinking about getting an aerator. any one use a tow behind? I was thinking that I could mount it on the back of my 32" walkbehind. Do they sell something like this, would it work? I know they sell thatchers for the front. I don't really need another tool with a small engine if not needed.

I have a 48" BlueBird tow aerator. Not sure if I would want to pull it with a walkbehind mower though.
    Evansville Lawn Mowing
    Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

If you are seriously targeting aerating jobs, spend the money and get a gas powered walk behind aerator. You will regret trying to rig something up, when you could have already completed the job.
      I actually have a pull behind from Northern Tool and Equipment, I mean that is a way to go, but not with a walk behind mower.
      08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
      05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
      4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
      3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
      1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
      20' Enclosed trailer
      18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
      2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

I was thinking that I could mount it on the back of my 32" walkbehind.
        How would you do that so it didn't interfere with your walking or become a safety hazard?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

So I thinking about getting an aerator. any one use a tow behind? I was thinking that I could mount it on the back of my 32" walkbehind. Do they sell something like this, would it work? I know they sell thatchers for the front. I don't really need another tool with a small engine if not needed.

I would Def. Get a good walkbehind Aerator. I am kinda confused how you could tow an aerator and still walk behind the mower???

I have a walkbehind one for my smaller yards and tight places and a Tow behind core aerator that I pull with my Exmark Lazer.

Comment

What about the new Exmark 30" stand on ?
            Evansville Lawn Mowing
            Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

We have a small walkbehind aerater but last year bought a ZRATER for our Walker mower. It does great.

Comment

I was thinking that i could mount under the handle bar (right on the back of the mower). But now thinking about it, could only maybe pull a spike aerator with out killing the trans. I think I will just rent one this year and keep my eye out for a good price on a used. At the same time I will be looking for z-turn and tow behind Thanks for all the input

Comment

I was thinking that i could mount under the handle bar (right on the back of the mower). But now thinking about it, could only maybe pull a spike aerator with out killing the trans. I think I will just rent one this year and keep my eye out for a good price on a used. At the same time I will be looking for z-turn and tow behind Thanks for all the input
                  I would not worry as much about killing the transmission as I would killing you, what if you happen to slip for some reason?
                  I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I was thinking that i could mount under the handle bar
                    Ok this may not be a good idea, but I am just throwing it out there, could you make a mowing sulky / aerator that you sat on?
                    Attached Files
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I like the blue bird walk behinds. they pull a good deep core, you know, like you really feel like your accomplishing something when you pick one up and look at the profile. Any aerater that pulls a good core i like

Comment

I like the blue bird walk behinds. they pull a good deep core, you know, like you really feel like your accomplishing something when you pick one up and look at the profile. Any aerater that pulls a good core i like
                        For a walk behind I like the Ryan stuff, take a look at it then if it is too high look at the rental places they sell them after a while.
                        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard tp find one of the smaller Ryan or Bluebird aerators used from a reantal place in the $500-$800 range. I saw several in that range towards the end of last year
                          Evansville Lawn Mowing
                          Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

I was actually going to suggest just renting a walk behind, before purchasing one. I wouldn't spend the money on a tow behind if you are going to drag it behind a wb mower.

I have personally used tow behind bluebird, and walk behind blue bird and turfco. Turfco is still not there 100% I feel. Just something is missing from their products still. I don't know if they didn't do enough in field testing or what it is.
                            Twitter
                            Facebook
                            LinkedIn
                            Website

Comment

Ryan

For a walk behind I like the Ryan stuff, take a look at it then if it is too high look at the rental places they sell them after a while.
                              Ryan, also very good machines. Been around forever, and most importantly pulls a good core.

Comment

Working...
                              X