No announcement yet.

What should I offer for this mower?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry I should have explained that better, I was tired, sick, and on cold medicine when I posed that. Thanks for finishing the job for me mark.
    You explained it well, I was just butting in to agree.
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

So how much do you all think this mower is worth?

Comment

So how much do you all think this mower is worth?
        $2000 if it comes with the bagger.

Comment

If you go to check it out look under it from the rear. There is a pulley that goes to the transmission. Give it a good shake. If it wobbles the transmission is going to need repaired soon. Either the input shaft is worn or the bearings are shot. Either way having a backup transmission is a good idea for this mower. I was lucky enough that my old mower that I blew up had the exact same transmission and I was able to swap it out before the new transmission failed for the second time (it wasn't fixed properly by the local yokels).

Comment

I have found what I truly want, a Toro Grandstand 40". It normally runs new for $7400. I found a dealer that had one he needed to get off his floor plan before he starts paying interest on it for $5950. Only 2 hrs are on this machine. What do you think?

Comment

I have found what I truly want, a Toro Grandstand 40". It normally runs new for $7400. I found a dealer that had one he needed to get off his floor plan before he starts paying interest on it for $5950. Only 2 hrs are on this machine. What do you think?
              Noooooooooo! Stay away from the 40" Turboforce. Total lemon. I bought one and returned it for the 36". Unless you like clumps all over your lawns pass on the 40".

You can find my posts about it here and the other site you mentioned. Get anything except the 40". 36", 48" or 52".
              Last edited by mark123; 02-09-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Read this: http://gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=11991

Comment

... 36", 48" or 52".
                  I meant to say get one of those over the 40" in case that wasn't clear. Anything other than a 40". Seriously. There is a reason the dealer hasn't been able to move this mower. It's the same reason he's trying to sell it to you during the winter. When spring rolls around and you make a mess with it, it'll be too late to make him take it back.

Comment

Glad I'm following this. I had forgotten about that problem you had with the 40".

I'm looking to get either a 32" or 36" walk behind - used.

Do you have any issues with gates with that 36" Toro?

Comment

... Do you have any issues with gates with that 36" Toro?
                      I don't really have any mowing jobs with gates so I can't really answer.

Comment

Glad I'm following this. I had forgotten about that problem you had with the 40".

That would depend on the area, the current standard gates that meet code will allow a 36" mower threw. But some of the older ones will not.
                        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I just realized the OP is looking at a floating deck model.

I assume the fixed deck model Toro would be priced less.
                          How much better is a floating deck?
                          I figured I'd ask in case I run into one for sale - I should know the difference so I can weigh that along with price.

Comment

The issue with the 40 inch turbo force decks have not been fixed in newer models?

Comment

The issue with the 40 inch turbo force decks have not been fixed in newer models?
                              They won't even admit there was ever a problem. Then they make you feel like you're the only one with issues.

Get what you want. If I were you I'd get it in writing that they'll take it back if you're dissatisfied for any reason. Good luck.

Comment

Everywhere is different. I was trying to decide between a 32" and a 36" so I spent a week measuring gates and walkways.

I mow mostly city sized lots under 8000 sf so the 36" was just to big. Even the 32" wont go through about 25% of the gates.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X