Ford truck tires!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the PA water. I know it!

I've never heard of NTB so I can't comment. Everyone told me I could save a ton of cash using tirerack.com even after paying for shipping but my locally owned tire shop beat them by about $13 and even included tax in the price and I only had to wait one day instead of how ever long it would take tirerack to fill, pack and ship my order.

Tires sure are a whole lot more expensive than I remember. I used to be able to wrap my passenger car in rubber for about $125. Now it's $700+. Yikes!!
    You've heard of Sears? Same thing - Sears owns National Tire and Battery.

I got a great deal from Tire Rack once even w/shipping and paying for local install, but the key is to call around and ask. That was the only time they were a better deal.

Also, since dpld mentioned "cheap tires", I'll note that off name tires do not provide the wide margin of savings over "good tires" that they once did.
    I used to pick up "no name" (Multi-Mile) tires for my winter tires, but over the last several years, the manufacturing cost has risen so much that I was only saving around $80 on a set (4) of low-mileage, tires that didn't even afford the same quality of traction. It just wasn't worth the $80 savings to me, so I had name brand tires installed.

Comment

Oh, yes. Sears. I asked them for a price, too. What a bunch of chuckleheads. The only way they could get close to the local shop's price was to switch good tires for off-brand with unsafe weight rating. B instead of E. That was the manager's idea not the regular chucklehead.
      Last edited by mark123; 01-26-2012, 10:56 AM.
      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

I never had much luck with big tire chains either. One place adds a charge for everything then touts it as free. The tires are a few buck more too but its really the extras that drive the price up.

Sears tried to charge me over $300 more for the same set off tires that I literally bought across the street. Again it was the road hazard, alignment, rotation, that made it expensive.

Another one sold me firestones and they were just junk tires. I paid more for these tires. Its good they came with some kind of warranty.

I had the best luck with a local place and bennys. Bennys is somewhat of a chain store but local to my region. I just had a pair of coopers installed on my car for $137.
        Last edited by SECTLANDSCAPING; 01-26-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

... I had the best luck with a local place and bennys. Bennys is somewhat of a chain store but local to my region. I just had a pair of coopers installed on my car for $137.
          Wow, that's a good price even for Coopers. Of course we're talking different load ratings and wheel sizes.

I paid $348 for 2 Yokohamas but that included all the extras; valve stems, disposal, tax, mounting and balancing.
          Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Wow, that's a good price even for Coopers. Of course we're talking different load ratings and wheel sizes.

I paid $348 for 2 Yokohamas but that included all the extras; valve stems, disposal, tax, mounting and balancing.
            Yeah it was a civic. I always liked toya and yokohamas for cars. I never put them on a truck before. I run duallys so were talking 6 tires at once. So $25-$40 a tire adds up quick.

Comment

nooooo. Head Over To Tirerack.com And Look At The Recommendations For Your Year, Make And Model. For A 2500 Rated Truck You'll Probably Want An E Weight Rating.

I Have Yokohama Geolanders (set Of 4: $676.00) On My Truck. I Recommend Them.
              http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....d&automodclar=
              I Have Had Geolanders On Two Trucks Great Tires!!!

Comment

Working...
              X