backpack blower for snow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backpack blower for snow

One of my guys swears a backpack blower is effective at clearing snow? I never tried it before. I have them all winterized before the first snow hits. I can see how it works with fluffy stuff but anything packed in or icy forget it. I do remember looking at a stihl with a winter setting. So what do you guys think? Have you used one?

OMG, I can't wait to use my backpack on snow.

I tried my handheld blower last winter and it was a hoot! I don't need to keep a broom on my front porch any more.

And yes, obviously "dry" snow is going to be your best bet.

Comment

Works excellent for clearing cars (which we did three years ago for a car lot) if the snow is light, works excellent for walkways and stairs. Not sure on the winter setting, I have Stihl blowers and have never touched settings, they always start no problem and it gets to -25 here.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

they work great in dry fluffy snow not so good in wet snow i started blowing off roof es in 95 with my step dad and i try to use a back back blower as much as i can i never have any trouble starting mine u might need to prime every time

Comment

How about something like this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iY3oYS9tfzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

One of my guys swears a backpack blower is effective at clearing snow? I never tried it before. I have them all winterized before the first snow hits. I can see how it works with fluffy stuff but anything packed in or icy forget it. I do remember looking at a stihl with a winter setting. So what do you guys think? Have you used one?

LOVE IT! You are right though, only on the light stuff!
            08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
            05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
            4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
            3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
            1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
            20' Enclosed trailer
            18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
            2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

Wasn't there another issue that had come up in the past about this? I think I remember the dry air was causing static shocks.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X