Motor ID please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor ID please

Time to shop for a new carb, well more than likely a used one off ebay or something. While working on this one I broke the choke lever which is not replaceable. Can someone please ID this motor and give me some tips so I get the right carb for it?
    Attached Files
    White Company

the numbers on the tag are all you need to know,go to the dealer and they will help you out [of your money ]

Comment

Unfortunatly there is no dealer within an hour at least away so no way is that an option, Thats why I need to do a search for "Carb for ">>>>>>>" B&S Motor.

the numbers on the tag are all you need to know,go to the dealer and they will help you out [of your money ]
      White Company

Comment

Here is a parts list for the model number series. scroll down to page 10. Several different carburetors are listed with parts numbers.

http://www.m-and-d.com/pdfs/briggs/1...s2810-0802.pdf

You'll need a pdf reader to see it.

listed part numbers for the carb are 498298 495951 495425 498298

page 11 has a break down of the carb. Maybe youll find the part that is broke.

Comment

Awesome thanks a million.
          White Company

Comment

The good news is the part you likely need is $4.50 cents, and is easy to replace. The bad news is it would likely cost more then that from most online stores in freight.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Working...
            X