New Mower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mower

Well August has been my best month, so much so I have broken down and bought my first commercial mower.
    Today I bought a Honda HRC2163HXC
    Features
    Honda GXV160 OHV commercial grade engine
    Roto-Stop® blade stop system for safety and convenience
    Hhydrostatic infinitely- variable speed self-propelled transmission

I have to wait till Tuesday due to the Holiday Monday to pick it up.
    I will post some pick when I get it.

Were there other you were considering? What made you finally go with this one?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Congrats, too bad you won't get to brake it in until next year. lol Old man winter is fast approaching.
      Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
      Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
      CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

Were there other you were considering? What made you finally go with this one?
        It was between a toro22197 or the Honda HRC2163HXC
        What made up my mind was several minus for the Toro
        1) the speed shift was a plastic lever you shifted with your foot
        2) having to hold the clutch handle 1/2 way closed to start.
        3) belt driven not direct drive.
        4) way too many non-replaceable plastic parts.

Honda was way ahead in all categories and its a shame because I have always like Toro.
        Price was also a factor but not the main one I got the Honda for $300 dollars less then that Toro.
        Only time will tell if I chose right.

Comment

Congrats, too bad you won't get to brake it in until next year. lol Old man winter is fast approaching.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I was hoping he would still be sleeping for at least a month or so.

Comment

It was between a toro22197 or the Honda HRC2163HXC
            What made up my mind was several minus for the Toro
            1) the speed shift was a plastic lever you shifted with your foot
            2) having to hold the clutch handle 1/2 way closed to start.
            3) belt driven not direct drive.
            4) way too many non-replaceable plastic parts.

Honda was way ahead in all categories and its a shame because I have always like Toro.
            Price was also a factor but not the main one I got the Honda for $300 dollars less then that Toro.
            Only time will tell if I chose right.
            From a mechanical standpoint I think you chose right. I still think if you found a older push mower when things were built better you would have just as good of a mower. The only thing I do not like about the commercial push units is I think they are over priced.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

From a mechanical standpoint I think you chose right. I still think if you found a older push mower when things were built better you would have just as good of a mower. The only thing I do not like about the commercial push units is I think they are over priced.
              This is the truth about everything made these days.

Comment

This is the truth about everything made these days.
                Not always, I have sold mowers for a long time and adjusting for inflation most mowers have honestly dropped in price.
                I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Comment

hey Justin is your qr code supposed to do? I just got some random text when I scanned it.

Comment

hey Justin is your qr code supposed to do? I just got some random text when I scanned it.
                      It's my Just in Time Blackberry Group I have

Comment

Well here you go
                        Ladies and Gentlemen I give you:
                        Attached Files

Comment

i like the sticker ahaha

Comment

So there is no discharge with this unit? I take it you bag the clippings for the lawns you look after?
                            Andy
                            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

So there is no discharge with this unit? I take it you bag the clippings for the lawns you look after?
                              No I don't bag as a rule
                              I now "micro -mulch" with my new Honda.

Comment

Working...
                              X