No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried this product ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got two on the way. Full report to follow.
    Would like to know how the blades worked....

Comment

Would like to know how the blades worked....
      Apparently, they shipped yesterday. I'll let you know when I get them.
      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Still haven't received the blades.

Comment

I got them today but the tolerance on the center hole was too tight and it wouldn't fit the spindle. They are shipping me out a new center adapter overnight. Looks like these folks will bend over backwards to make things right. I will report how it turns out.

Comment

Well, I was promised the center hole adapters would be shipped overnight on last Thursday. I still haven't received them. I'm very disappointed at this time. I think I'm going to just ask for my money back if I don't get them today.

Comment

The adapters weren't overnighted. I received them Priority mail this morning. That's 3 day delivery versus having them the next morning. Good thing I didn't wait around for them last Friday.

I don't really want to go out in the rain right now but I may have to go try them out.

Comment

curious to see how these turn out...

Comment

The adapters fit. I got them put on. I mowed my lawn. I took them back off.

Here are my thoughts so far.

They were made too short by about 1/8".

Here is a picture of the original blades end to end length:

Here is the length of the Razor tri-blade:

I think I see a design flaw here as well. The blade is shorter on the side away from the sharp edge. This means that every time you sharpen the blade it will get shorter, end to end. Maybe not by much but even the 1/8" difference counts.

Here is how I measured them since there isn't a straight across length on the tri-blade. I stuck them on the same spindle bolt and rotated them to be straight across:

Please note that before I got the new adapters I called the company with the concern about the blades being too short and they said they'd make it right, just as they did with the center hole adapter.

As you can see, compared to the OEM blades, the Razor blades are nearly zero-lift:

I found the Razors to throw almost 2 passes. I have a 36" mower so I'd estimate about 60". On the other hand the OEM blades throw just over 5 passes to the right. You can see what I mean by the grass I threw in the street:

I also noticed the Razors don't chop the clippings up as finely. Here are the stock blades (it's a bit wet today so it looks a bit clumpy):

And here are the Razor clippings:

I don't know if the stringers the Razors leave are due to the blades being too short or the lack of lift but here are some pics. It may be hard to see in the pics but it's obvious in person.

You can see the stringers both in the middle and at the ends.

I did notice the blades are quieter but low-lift blades are always quieter than high-lift blades.

I noticed no difference in vibration as all blades were balanced.

All this being said, I'm not going to pass judgment yet. I'm going to give them the chance to honor their deal and make things right. In fact, I'm sending this exact thing to them as soon as I post it.

I'm going to ask everyone to also not yet pass judgment or dismiss this yet. Let's see how it's handled as customer service after the sale is just as important as the product.
                  Last edited by mark123; 10-03-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Email away.

Comment

They are cutting me a slightly longer blade with an increased lift fin. Sounds like they are going to cover me. I wonder how long it will take to get them though.

Comment

You should be getting free products for such thorough reviews!
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

You should be getting free products for such thorough reviews!
                          I like the way you think.

Comment

Still no blades. This is ridiculous.

Comment

They seem to be more trouble then there worth.

Comment

They seem to be more trouble then there worth.
                                I'm not going to argue with that. I think I'm going to ask for my money back.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X