personal pace wont start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal pace wont start

I found a lady throwing this mower away. She said it was overheating when running but I havent been able to get it to start. I changed the plug, cleaned the carb, drained the gas, cleaned the air filter, and managed to break the pull cord.

Theres been times when it runs for 3 seconds and dies. Sounds good in those 3 seconds. I also got it to start and move about ten feet with the throttle pushed all the way in twice. It died when I tried to slow down. Now its back to not wanting to start for even a few seconds. it almost seems like a safety killing it.

model # 20018 22" recycler
    Attached Files

I think I would check the carb again .

Comment

I would check the oil and compression.... make sure it is worth the effort to go any further.
      I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I would check the oil and compression.... make sure it is worth the effort to go any further.
        I checked that first. Oil is a tad high and clean, compression is good. Charged the battery over night and the electric starter does work, doesnt start still. I double checked spark today and had none. So I disconnected the safety wire that goes to the coil and still had no spark. Ordered a new coil. I think that will fix it. If it does $27 for a fairly new self propelled.

Comment

I double checked spark today and had none. So I disconnected the safety wire that goes to the coil and still had no spark. Ordered a new coil. I think that will fix it.
          Keep us posted on this, it will be interesting to hear if the coil went out.

I do wonder why it would run a little and then go out and then the coil stopped working.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Finally got the coil yesterday and I installed today. Still no spark but unplugging the safety wire on the coil did work this time. I ran it for about 15 minutes. So it looks like bad coil and linkage problem or short somewhere. I wouldve found out but the rain came.

So in all I did get a working personal pace with electric start for $27. Ill fix the other issue later.

Comment

Finally got the coil yesterday and I installed today. Still no spark but unplugging the safety wire on the coil did work this time.
              Do you have a continuity tester? You should have continuity from the spark plug wire through the coil to ground.

Check out this electrical diagram.

I ran it for about 15 minutes. So it looks like bad coil and linkage problem or short somewhere. I wouldve found out but the rain came.
              What's your view on why that is a bad coil?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

What's your view on why that is a bad coil?
                I was referring to the old one. It didnt work under any circumstances. The new one works but only with the safety unplugged.

Comment

Can you show us a picture of where the kill switch hooks up? I wonder if it is grounding out somewhere along it's path. That would cause it to not start.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X