Which Trimmer To Buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Trimmer To Buy

I am in the market for a inexpensive commercial trimmer that is new. i have been up in the air on husqvarna and Stihl. I prefer Huskey but the Stihl is more readily available in my area what does every one else think.

Get A Echo!!!

Comment

Get A Echo!!!
      We use echo as well. I recommend!
      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I third Echo! I've had mine three years and never an issue starts right up.
        Liberty Landscaping LLC
        www.libertylndscpng.com
        Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

check to see if any dealers carry redmax, the better versions of the Husquvarna are just copies of the redmax as they own them. Echo is not bad just patchy on dealer support anymore.
          Last edited by wandfsmall; 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM.
          I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

So I bought the Husqvarna 426LST So far great machine. The dealer was pushing the stihl fs90 but I don't much like stihl.

Comment

So I bought the Husqvarna 426LST So far great machine.
              What did you like most about it? Were you considering any others?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Mostly the Stihl fs 90 just had good luck with Husqvarna

Comment

So I bought the Husqvarna 426LST So far great machine. The dealer was pushing the stihl fs90 but I don't much like stihl.
                  Any specific reason why? My FS 250 has been going strong for 7 years now and the 110 I got awhile ago is a good trimmer.

I dont really have anything against any of the brands, my local shop sells mostly Stihl so that was the logical choice for me.

Comment

we run the Stihl FS-90.....sweetest rig ever!

Comment

Just used my Stihl FS90R to trim some massive hedge things today. Love being able to swap gearbox attachments as needed.

Good luck with your new purchase and hope it serves you well.

Comment

Which attachments have you liked so far and which not so much?
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I don't much like stil for a few reasons, mostly the gas caps are a pain, and sometimes the ones that we ad before were hard to start. The huskey was on sale, so I basically got a trimmer that was a step up for less than the fs-90.

Comment

Which attachments have you liked so far and which not so much?
                            Who, me?

lol. Actually, I've only gotten the articulating hedge trimmer attachment so far - money well spent.
                            The FS90R string trimmer and hedge trimmer attachment are easily the most productive tool(s) for the money that I've purchased thus far.

People told me to "wait and see if you need an edger before buying the attachment". That was good advice. So far, I've only been asked once to do edging beyond what I can do with the string trimmer.

Funny about the Stihl "starting" comment. I've had mine for about a year and it starts on the first pull 95% of the time without even moving the choke to the "start" position. Then there's the Stihl leaf blower that I just traded for an Echo because it was a total pain in the rear to start. Who knows... if you're happy with the product, it was a good deal.

Comment

I feel the 426 way outperforms the fs-90 but maybe not

Comment

Working...
                              X