Which Trimmer To Buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the 426 way outperforms the fs-90 but maybe not
    you have a good trimmer, I personally like the Husquvarna better then stihl that is why I sell them.
    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Funny about the Stihl "starting" comment. I've had mine for about a year and it starts on the first pull 95% of the time without even moving the choke to the "start" position. Then there's the Stihl leaf blower that I just traded for an Echo because it was a total pain in the rear to start. Who knows... if you're happy with the product, it was a good deal.
      I agree, while operating our landscaping/excavation/tree company for 2 years with over 20 pieces of Stihl gear, never had a performance issue once, I think a lot of it is how we care for our equipment.

I still have a pile of Stihl gear, I just started cutting my firewood, the MS361 hasn't rn since last October, 2nd pull and I was off to the races.

Kept the Kombi, FS250, BR600 and they have never let me down.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I think Stihl is overrated for what it is. Good machines but all commercial is OK.

So far best luck with the Huskey. I say don't mess with success. I also have a Shindy Saw it's been trow some things.

Andy how would you recomend caring for equipment to get longer usage and better starts?

Comment

Andy how would you recomend caring for equipment to get longer usage and better starts?
          Depends on the piece in question, items like the blowers the only thing we did was change the fuel filter once a year, items that were exposed to a lot of dust like the chain saws, we changed the fuel filters every month, air filter was blown out every week which is critical and a light oil applied to the filter, plug changed every other month, trimmers had the fuel filter chanced every 60 days.

There is a secret in my experience to this Stihl gear and starting it for whatever reason, choke on, two push's of the primer if it is on the machine but what appears important in every piece I owned or own is to hold the throttle wide open in the first pull, then choke off, throttle wide open and they start every time.

I had an older sales guy show me this years ago and it never let me down, I know when I was operating the business I was into Deere every week for supplies, I can't tell you how many customers would come in with a Stihl trimmer, as soon as this procedure was shown to them it almost always worked.

The other thing we did and I still do is run Stihl oil and premium fuel.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X