Encore ZTR only starts when screwdriver in solenoid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encore ZTR only starts when screwdriver in solenoid

I was wondering how do I limit this to the solenoid, ignition or whatever electrical glitch it could be?

I could keep starting it like this but would rather find the fix. Not sure the model its a 16hp 38" cut.

there should be a small wire on the solenoid,check it for power when turning the key to the start position .No power,theres a problem with the switch circuit,if it has power,replace the solenoid .

Comment

thanks, wired in a toggle switch. Works perfect now.

Comment

thanks, wired in a toggle switch. Works perfect now.
        did you by chance replace the key switch or just put a toggle switch across the solenoid? If you did the latter you will run into problems quickly.
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

did you by chance replace the key switch or just put a toggle switch across the solenoid? If you did the latter you will run into problems quickly.
          I wired the toggle switch where the key switch was. Its just a temp fix better then starting with a screwdriver. I ordered the key switch online should have it in less then a week.

Comment

Working...
          X