Buying Used Equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Used Equipment

Hello all, i am new to the fourm and have been reading and searching around for a few days. . i tryed to find this on the fourm because i am sure someone mentioned it someplace. ( and i no people hate when others re-ask a question)

I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are on buying decent used lawn equipment, rather it be a push mower, a basic rider you would buy at like sears or home depot, or a commercial zero-turn. . Also what to look for when looking at buying either of those!! Also what do you think to many hours are for a mower that has a hour gauge???

Thanks

well i buy a lot of used equipment last year i bought a craftsman riding mower for a $100 the guy said it didnt run i brought it home and cleaned the carb and put new battery and it been running good ever since that was last july and a week ago i bought a john deere zero turn homeowner model for $300 i have also bought a commerical honda hrc216 mower at a yard sale for 40 bucks and it runs good it didnt at first the carb was gummed up but got it clean and it been good mower, I also got a hrc215 honda mower for 130 from my lawn mower mechanic he found it at a second hand store, i also found a commerical john deere pushmower 14sc for 100 bucks, i did buy a new craftsman riding mower this year but i got a better deal on the used equipment. I have 4 riders and 10 push mower and 5 echo weedeaters 5 blowers. When i do buy new equipment my guys dont treat them kindly and by a week its broke so i figure it cheaper to buy used equipment.

Comment

what about this?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/grd/2381853743.html

BELOW WHAT ADD SAYS WITH PICTURE. . .

Troy Bilt 33" wide area - walk behind mower. 8HP - Recoil start - 87 hours. 4 speeds forward, 1 reverse. (2) spare blades (new-never used) Fresh prep. Ready to go to work. First $200.00 cash takes it.
      Attached Files

Comment

87 not a lot of hours & $200 not a lot of money. Check belts & oil - see if there is any play in spindles. Homeowner or guy mowing for money with it?
        87 hours on the same blade seems high - probably not much on maintenance either. May have to put money into it on the front end but doesn't seem like a bad deal if it runs and is something you plan on keeping for awhile.
        Evansville Lawn Mowing
        Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

Well i ended up buying it today, paid $200 for it like he wanted, just had the carb rebuilt and an oil change, and he said a new Trans belt. . this thing runs top notch, starts everytime on the 2nd or 3rd pull, my grandma could start it. . so i start mowing my own lawn with it to try it out before i use it on any customors lawns and i get almost done mowing and the trans belt falls off, so i put it back on, but still seems like alot of play in the belt,only thing that i can see that tightens the belt on there is where you adjust the handle that you have to pull that makes the mower move. . (hard to explain). so we'll have to see next time i mow with it the guy said the belt was new so who knows..

Comment

the belt might be the wrong one [a little long ],or maybe it just needs an adjustment .Check with the dealer on the correct belt for the machine ,then go from there .

Comment

Here is a checklist of things you should consider before you buy any used equipment.

Warning: read this before you buy a used mower.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X