No announcement yet.

Kubota Zero Turn Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok first for the Dixie Chopper. Whoever came up with the idea of putting a cooler on the mower should be shot.(sorry had to say that) ...
    HAHA. I haven't seen it in person yet. Maybe I can use it to carry tools or something useful.

The Generac engine is solid but not every dealer will fix it as they had major problems with them when they first started making vertical shaft engines(Dixie chopper has had a tenancy to turn up the rpms on their engines causing the problems and they were the only ones to use generac) Generac does not have a huge dealer network for the above reason.
    That's sort of a moot point because the dealer is the local repair shop for DC. He also offers a loaner, no questions asked.

your 56" deck will be hard to find blades for as it is an unuasual size. Mow mowers are 36, 42, 48, 50, 52, 54, 60, 61, 66, 72 with the most popular in bold type. so most dealers will not even be able to get you blades let alone have them.
    The dealer has them on stock and I can also get them online. I believe they are 20" blades with a 2" overlap.

I expect the springer forks to wear quickly as well so price the replacement for that in your budget for the 2nd or 3rd year. ...
    That's one thing I was concerned about, thanks for bringing it up. I'm not really interested in the springer forks. I'm just looking for a reliable, long lasting, good cutting machine.
    Last edited by mark123; 06-13-2011, 06:27 AM.
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

That's sort of a moot point because the dealer is the local repair shop for DC. He also offers a loaner, no questions asked.
      I would not count on a loaner anymore from anyone. way to many cases when some guy tears up a $7000 machine and the dealer gets stuck with the bill. it is one of those cases when a bad guy ruins it for everyone. The dealer has to pay for the mower and all damages to it when he runs a loaner. If it is your main repair shop and they have a good mechanic with a long business reputation I would say your fine. Otherwise if it were me I would check around for a bobcat dealer(they have generac engines as well) or other dealers that work on generac) to make sure someone else would work on a generac just in case.

The dealer has them on stock and I can also get them online. I believe they are 20" blades with a 2" overlap.

That's one thing I was concerned about, thanks for bringing it up. I'm not really interested in the springer forks. I'm just looking for a reliable, long lasting, good cutting machine.
      I never assume you have a great dealer to back up a machine, the Dixie Chopper has a reputation of being around for a long time and is a commercial machine.

As for your answer for your toro walk, you know honestly I have very little experience with walk mowers as I do not see them around here. I have only sold 3 walk behind mowers in 20 years. So I am probably not a good one for advice. But I would also need a year it was made as it could be a toro or an exmark. Remember toro bought exmark to help with make a good commercial mower.
      I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

I would not count on a loaner anymore from anyone. ...
        That makes no sense that a dealer wouldn't offer a loaner. This is why I'm dumping my toro dealer. The DC dealer told me the same thing, he couldn't understand why someone wouldn't stand behind a product they sell.

Comment

I went and talked to the Dixie Chopper dealer today. I tested one out for a few mintues (it's really, really nice).

He tells me that Dixie Chopper's loaner program for mower break-downs is industry-wide. So far, from what I hear he's good for his word. I'm going to talk to a few owners in the area about reliability and go from there.

The springers may need replacing or adjustment over time but, man, they make for a really nice ride.

Comment

I went and talked to the Dixie Chopper dealer today. I tested one out for a few mintues (it's really, really nice).

He tells me that Dixie Chopper's loaner program for mower break-downs is industry-wide. So far, from what I hear he's good for his word. I'm going to talk to a few owners in the area about reliability and go from there.

The springers may need replacing or adjustment over time but, man, they make for a really nice ride.
            Dixie Chopper makes a good mower, as I said before hand I am telling you all of the bad. I was sure the salesman will tell you all of the good parts. I would do more checking on the dealer then the mower I can assure you that it is a good mower.

I am also likely underestimating the springer forks they have not been out long enough to fully judge but that is an educated guess. and it they happen to wear the same you might not even notice it in the cut(not even in the ride if it happens slow enough).
            Last edited by wandfsmall; 06-13-2011, 04:31 PM.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Working...
            X