Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all

Thank you for all the info.

cheapneasy, it was cheap and fairly easy, Ty!

I have not run it until it's hot to check the leak again but it is running smoother than ever. Also comes up to idle much quicker on cold starts. Gas is not draining through the carb when off.
    The repair kit seems to have fixed it. Replaced gaskets, needle valve and seated the needle valve. I had to slightly bend the ears up on the nv retainer.

I'm going to just buy a new trimmer. I have a local retired small engine mechanic I'm going to give the snapper to. I old him to fix it if he can but not put any money into it. I might just let him keep it.

Thanks to all again, sorry for the delay but I'm blaming this one on PARTSTREE.com i do NOT recommend using them. Extremely poor customer service until I emailed with notice of contest from my credit card company.

Comment

Can you show us some pictures of what you are doing?

It's amazing that all these special tools are made. Kind of a shame too if you have to take it apart due to mechanical failure. I did a search and there are plenty of places that sell such tools. Tuning carbs has always seemed to be an artform. But I guess if you keep playing with the settings, you will ultimately get it working the way you want it.
      you should rarely have to tune a carburetor most of the time you just have to take it apart and clean it. Tuning it without a tac could shorten the life of the unit as it may sound great but be running to lean.
      I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Thank you for all the info.

cheapneasy, it was cheap and fairly easy, Ty!

I have not run it until it's hot to check the leak again but it is running smoother than ever. Also comes up to idle much quicker on cold starts. Gas is not draining through the carb when off.
        The repair kit seems to have fixed it. Replaced gaskets, needle valve and seated the needle valve. I had to slightly bend the ears up on the nv retainer.

I'm going to just buy a new trimmer. I have a local retired small engine mechanic I'm going to give the snapper to. I old him to fix it if he can but not put any money into it. I might just let him keep it.

Thanks to all again, sorry for the delay but I'm blaming this one on PARTSTREE.com i do NOT recommend using them. Extremely poor customer service until I emailed with notice of contest from my credit card company.
        Sorry about your experiences with partstree I can assure you not every place is that way. We send an email out if it will take a while to get the part and offer our customers a chance to cancel the order.
        I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Working...
        X