Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I buy a used Hustler Fastrak or a new Snapper Pro S50X?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy a used Hustler Fastrak or a new Snapper Pro S50X?

I am planning on buying my first zero-turn which I plan to get into part time lawn maintenance. My current two options are as follows:

I could either buy a new commercial Snapper Pro S50X 46'' 19/20hp kawasaki for about $4,800 after taxes. (http://www.snapperpro.com/models/features/5:s50x). This is the cheapest and most robust looking commercial lawn mower I've found.

Or I could buy a used, one owner, residential, (approx. 3 years old) Hustler 44'' Fastrak 19hp Kohler for $2,900.

I want to spend the least amount as possible when testing out this type of work, but I don't want to make a stupid purchase neither. So in the end if it's a toss up, I'll just go with the used Fastrak.

Thanks.

I would buy the Snapper Pro. For the extra $1900 it is worth it. You are getting a better engine, a warranty, and most important a brand new machine. Now if I was starting out, I would be looking at WB not a ZT.

Comment

Why do you recommend a wb? The yards in my area are 1 1/4 acres.

Comment

I did not know that was your average lot size. A ZT would be alot more productive than a WB on lots over an acre. Many guys start out with a WB because they are more versatile than ZT. They are also cheaper to purchase, maintain, and run. If you plan on growing your business beyond a couple of "yards in the evening", then buying a ZT may be worth it. The good thing about the Snapper Pro s50X is that it is a very compact machine and does weigh alot like some of the other ZTs. So storage and transporting should not be an issue.

Comment

Have you looked on craigslist in your area to see if there were any decent used commercial mowers available?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X